Typical, I'm not suprised.

This is just more of the same. Sure, they're better than last year, but they're still looking down the barrel of 7-9.

Xmas wish list:

1) PLEASE get rid of the cover-2. Use a scheme that acutally, you know, STOPS someone.

2) Use FA dollars to shore up the lines. Draft speed at WR.

3) Give Jauron tape of Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, and Bill Belichick. Explain to him that THIS is how to coach.

It's hard to be or not to be disappointed. They're better, yes. But they're still just NOT good enough. I stand by my prediction of 8-8 next year, and MAYBE a run in 2008. Maybe. If we're extremely lucky in drafting/FA. Maybe.

I don't know if this is the right thread for this but i'll give it a shot anyways.

1. Offensive line, agreed.... Gandy must go and we gotta replace him with a proven guy.

2. Don't draft a speed wr... we got evans, reed, price and parrish. We need a tall, possesion wr like a drew bennett who nate killed today or like a dwyann jarrett.

3. I think defensive line is fine. No need to draft at that position. I'm also optimisitic that Hargrove will be a very solid player for us next season and that McCargo can do a decent job.

I don't know if this is the right thread for this but i'll give it a shot anyways.

1. Offensive line, agreed.... Gandy must go and we gotta replace him with a proven guy.

2. Don't draft a speed wr... we got evans, reed, price and parrish. We need a tall, possesion wr like a drew bennett who nate killed today or like a dwyann jarrett.

3. I think defensive line is fine. No need to draft at that position. I'm also optimisitic that Hargrove will be a very solid player for us next season and that McCargo can do a decent job.

877378[/snapback]

Your kidding on point #3 right ?

877378[/snapback]

3. Did they stop ANYONE'S run game? Cover two = GARBAGE. Every cover two d out ther just sucks the donk against the run. And yet again, the Bills were sliced/diced/shredded and flambe'd.

3) Give Jauron tape of Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, and Bill Belichick. Explain to him that THIS is how to coach.

877368[/snapback]

I'm with you on many things, but if the Lizard has to wear a Sports Bra I'll sit the season out.

Jimmy Johnson was an awful NFL coach blessed with a "perfect storm" of draft picks coming out of a college program where he got to scout virtually every player's career the Cowboy's were looking at as a result of the Viking's imbecilic trade. He won on personell, not coaching. Which is why Switzer for God's sake won with the same talent and why Johnson never won anything after that.

It's hard to be or not to be disappointed. They're better, yes. But they're still just NOT good enough. I stand by my prediction of 8-8 next  year, and MAYBE a run in 2008. Maybe. If we're extremely lucky in drafting/FA. Maybe.

877368[/snapback]

Do you want to see the roster before making a prediction for next year? How about the schedule?

Do you want to see the roster before making a prediction for next year?  How about the schedule?

877399[/snapback]

I don't have to.

This team STILL has too many holes. Maybe 5 players on D and 3 on O, not including the teams own FAs which need re-signing.

Hey chicken little, the sky isn't falling. Tough loss today, which prevents us from getting our hopes crushed next week (Baltimore at home with a win meaning a bye was not going to be an easy win). This year's team was not a playoff team and was not supposed to make the playoffs. I'm very excited they stepped up and played quality football in the second half to make the season fun and give these guys a taste of playing with the season on the line which will carry for next year.

1) Don't ditch the cover-2. Dick knows more than we do, it isn't the scheme but the execution of it, and we will be better next year.

2) O-Line is still our biggest need, and I would love to see two new high level guards, but that might be easier said than done, so at least one.

3) D-Line did not play very well this season, but Kyle will be better as the #4, McCargo will be back as one of the top 3, and Larry is fine as one of the top 3. I would like to add one to be in the top three in the rotation, which can be the #1 or the #3 depending on what's available and where our best value is.

4) DJ did not have a perfect season, and I was one of the first to rip him today when we should have run the ball (3rd and 1 in the second quarter, and three straight plays if needed on the last series after 2nd and 4. But he gets his players to play for him, is teaching a very young team a new system, and had better than expected results. He is not without fault, and not in the Bellichick elite, but is a solid coach who I hope sticks around for a long time.

5) There is nothing "typical" or lack of "magic at the ralph" about this. It was football, and we got beaten by a very hot team playing some bad D.

6) The 2007 Bills will be a playoff contender from the start, which this team was not. Hopefully we aren't counting tie breaker scenarios with two weeks to play, but are talking playoff seeding.

This is just more of the same. Sure, they're better than last year, but they're still looking down the barrel of 7-9.

Xmas wish list:

1) PLEASE get rid of the cover-2. Use a scheme that acutally, you know, STOPS someone.

It's hard to be or not to be disappointed. They're better, yes. But they're still just NOT good enough. I stand by my prediction of 8-8 next  year, and MAYBE a run in 2008. Maybe. If we're extremely lucky in drafting/FA. Maybe.

877368[/snapback]

Nice to see that you're back to your bitter and broken, pessimistic self. I've been worried about you and your starry-eyed almost optimism the last few weeks. Welcome back to the board.

Merry Christmas.

877378[/snapback]

Bennett didn't catch a pass today. I'm not sure Vince even threw the ball his direction all day. Brandon Jones is the guy who burned the Bills as a receiver today. He's a fairly big receiver (6-1, 212) with good athletic ability.

But I agree that you guys don't need a speed guy across from Evans and with Parrish in the slot. A Drew Bennett/Ed McCaffrey type would be perfect for your team.

877378[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHA :doh::D

They couldn't stop the run at all this season, even Houston ran up on us, and still we got 7...

And commen sense tells you Tripplett, McCargo and Williams will improve.

877394[/snapback]

You realize that the line did a decent job and we couldn't stop the run all season are pretty close to oxymoronic statements? The defense made 0 big stops when they needed to this season and all of those times the teams ran right through our "decent" d-line.

Do you want to see the roster before making a prediction for next year?  How about the schedule?

877399[/snapback]

2007 schedule:

Home Games:

Baltimore

Cincy

Dallas

G-Men

Fish

Pats

Jets

And an AFC west opponent

Road Games:

Cleveland

Pittsburgh

Philly

Washington (Nate will definitely take one back against us here)

Fish

Pats

Jets

And an AFC south opponent

No matter who's on our roster that has the potential to be a brutal schedule, especially if the D-line is not addressed as we will face teams and coaches that stick with a ground attack.