Dick Jauron

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have been pissed had he trotted Lindell out there and his kick fell 10 yards short. I knew when they started that drive that they were going to have to get inside the 20 before they had a realistic shot at a FG. I have no clue how anybody has a problem with the decision.

I would have been pissed had he trotted Lindell out there and his kick fell 10 yards short.  I knew when they started that drive that they were going to have to get inside the 20 before they had a realistic shot at a FG.  I have no clue how anybody has a problem with the decision.

877080[/snapback]

I concur 100%

My problem with the decision is how long it took to make the decision. Rian Lindell and Moorman were halfway on the field...then ran off....then they got the play into J.P is barely enough time for him to run up to the line and snap the ball very quickly before a delay of game. If they had given J.P a chance to get to the line quickly....and possible read the D and adjust......maybe the last play wouldnt have looked so ugly.

To say we had to get inside the 20 (37 yard FG or less) is absurd.  Wrong decision by all accounts.

877091[/snapback]

Wrong decision by your account, not all accounts. Your account doesn't really interest me though.

I would have been pissed had he trotted Lindell out there and his kick fell 10 yards short.  I knew when they started that drive that they were going to have to get inside the 20 before they had a realistic shot at a FG.  I have no clue how anybody has a problem with the decision.

877080[/snapback]

It's because the fourth down play just looked like such a bust, people are just flabbergasted, but don't realize that Lindell does not have the leg to make that kick, even though he is really a good kicker. If it had been a normal type play or we had fallen just short, though just as heart broken, would think a little more about how long that kick really was. That play just looked so broken it leaves everyone scratching their heads and tearing their hair out.

The play that pisses me off the most is passing on third down when Willis is ripping off big chunks of yardage to the outside. (Or the play where a player showed the worst sideline/backline presence in any play in the history of the game (Royal))

I hope JP is good and pissed, and all of the young guys are so we carry some attitude over into next year and start the year off right.

To say we had to get inside the 20 (37 yard FG or less) is absurd.  Wrong decision by all accounts.

877091[/snapback]

You are 100% wrong! I sit in the Rockpile and I know for a fact that when the wind is howling, field goals hit a wall at 35 yards. It would have been 42 yards from where the Bills were. There's no way Lindell makes that kick.

Now I do have a problem with the playcalling on that last drive. I would have run, run, and run again to eat the clock and get as close as I could. But I guess Jauraon was thinking we still needed a big gain to cinch a FG, which I can see. Even a 37 yarder into that wind was no gimme.

PTR

Arguments:

-Rian Lindell

-5 for 5 field goals

-In a "groove"

-WTF not sending him out?

EVERYONE there is raking him over the coals

877069[/snapback]

I'm sorry, from where is the ESPN commentary located...indoors or on the 45 at Buffalo?

You are 100% wrong!  I sit in the Rockpile and I know for a fact that when the wind is howling, field goals hit a wall at 35 yards.  It would have been 42 yards from where the Bills were.  There's no way Lindell makes that kick.

Now I do have a problem with the playcalling on that last drive.  I would have run, run, and run again to eat the clock and get as close as I could.  But I guess Jauraon was thinking we still needed a big gain to cinch a FG, which I can see.  Even a 37 yarder into that wind was no gimme.

PTR

877097[/snapback]

Thinking more about it now, its pretty clear that there was NO WAY that kick would have made it. A 45 yarder to win is tough with ZERO wind. With the way things were today, it was virtually impossible.

Still weird the way it all went down.

Let me know when an authority on the subject of professional football makes a comment, wouldcha?

ESPN is to football what MTV is to music videos.

877074[/snapback]

You're right, they (ESPN) know nothing at all about football. That's about the smartest comment I have seen on this board today.

Merry Xmas :thumbdown:

Thinking more about it now, its pretty clear that there was NO WAY that kick would have made it. A 45 yarder to win is tough with ZERO wind. With the way things were today, it was virtually impossible.

Still weird the way it all went down.

877106[/snapback]

You still have to make an attempt at making the friggen kick.