Thank God for the Bills...

With the dismal start the Bills had, I couldn't wait for the hockey season to start. I figured that if the Bills are rebuilding, concentrate on the Sabres. But the Bills of late have me reconsidering who my favorite Buffalo team is right now.

Is Buffalo a football-town, or a hockey-town?

I know the question was raised when the Sabres started the year with their hot win-streak, but now that the Bills are ripping it, I wonder what the polls would look like now.

With the dismal start the Bills had, I couldn't wait for the hockey season to start. I figured that if the Bills are rebuilding, concentrate on the Sabres. But the Bills of late have me reconsidering who my favorite Buffalo team is right now.

I know the question was raised when the Sabres started the year with their hot win-streak, but now that the Bills are ripping it, I wonder what the polls would look like now.

872856[/snapback]

Greta post. Let me know how you feel the next time the Sabres go on a winning streak.

Friggin' weathervane! :nana:

I think my original comment is being viewed different from my intentions. I am a huge fan of both the Sabres and the Bills and do my fair share to support both. I am not saying that I only follow the hot team. My point was that I am suprised the Bills are picking me up from Sabres losses, where it was the opposite for the entire first half of the season.

My question <Do more fans support the Bills or the Sabres now> was asked to detect excitement level-- Not the number of band wagon jumpers. Because I know there are a ton of people out there that love both. If you have two kids, you love both (hopefully), but you know one is your favorite. That's what I'm trying to get across.

A better question would be this... you have tickets to a Sabres game, that happens to be the same date and time as a Bills game. I'm going to get criticized for this point, but just try... Atmosphere aside <tailgating, indoor vs outdoor, ...>, which game do you go to?

I think my original comment is being viewed different from my intentions. I am a huge fan of both the Sabres and the Bills and do my fair share to support both. I am not saying that I only follow the hot team. My point was that I am suprised the Bills are picking me up from Sabres losses, where it was the opposite for the entire first half of the season.

My question <Do more fans support the Bills or the Sabres now> was asked to detect excitement level-- Not the number of band wagon jumpers. Because I know there are a ton of people out there that love both. If you have two kids, you love both (hopefully), but you know one is your favorite. That's what I'm trying to get across.

A better question would be this... you have tickets to a Sabres game, that happens to be the same date and time as a Bills game. I'm going to get criticized for this point, but just try... Atmosphere aside <tailgating, indoor vs outdoor, ...>, which game do you go to?

872969[/snapback]

No question - football.

Reason? Only eight home Bills games a season.

I guess there's only enough mojo for one team at a time in this town.  As soon as the Bills get it together, the Sabres start looking like a disjointed crew.

872940[/snapback]

Not to worry....once the Bills are done for the season, the Sabres will have about 2 months to get it together.

A 2-game losing streak. I'm sure the Phlyers fans really feel bad for us. :nana:

872856[/snapback]

Better jump off the bandwagon now. How dare the Sabres lose two in a row for the first time since last season? How dare they??

They'll welcome you back with open arms in a few weeks when the Bills' run comes to an end and the Sabres are winners of three straight. Loser.

Better jump off the bandwagon now.  How dare the Sabres lose two in a row for the first time since last season?  How dare they??

They'll welcome you back with open arms in a few weeks when the Bills' run comes to an end and the Sabres are winners of three straight.  Loser.

872992[/snapback]

Schmuck! Thanks for reading the entire thread. I'm sure 14 replies were too much for you to work through.

Nothing better than being completely clueless and getting all fired up. I'd continue this battle of the wits but I refuse to fight an unarmed man.

Sorry.  I must have misinterpreted the "Sabres just aren't getting it done" part of your post.    :rolleyes:

873020[/snapback]

With the second best record in the NHL, I was expecting that to be readily viewed as sarcasm. A message loses a lot when you have to explain sarcasm. It's like telling a joke and then having to explain the punch-line... nevermind. I'll try to do better next time.

Schmuck! Thanks for reading the entire thread. I'm sure 14 replies were too much for you to work through.

Nothing better than being completely clueless and getting all fired up. I'd continue this battle of the wits but I refuse to fight an unarmed man.

872996[/snapback]

Yeah I can't believe I misinterpreted this:

But the Bills of late have me reconsidering who my favorite Buffalo team is right now.