Jason Peters better than probowl OT's

Fingon

The Pro Bowl is a big-name popularity contest. People like Jason Peters won't get in for a while, and even then the team will need to be winning more and playing in more primetime games.

Outside of Bills fans and a few reporters/critics/NFL talking heads, you can count the number of people who know Jason Peters on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

Peters will probably get in when his reputation precedes him, as with these guys who made it this year, Ruben Brown, and a host of others. For OLs and other positions where stats don't tell the story, selections often occur when guys are past the years in which they truly excelled.

Peters: 14 games 2 sacks allowed

Ogden: 14 games 3.5 sacks allowed

Tarik Glenn: 14 games 3 sacks allowed

Willie Anderson: 14 games 2.5 sacks allowed

872495[/snapback]

The only Anderson in the league who plays tackle is Wlilie Anderson of the B'gals. He's a RT.

And fact of life....0.500 or below teams' club members seldom get consideration. I know that flies in the face of today's Honor Rolls by quota, or multiple Valedictorians, but there it is...

Updated team rankings: Bills 31st in total yardage, 28th in yards per play, 31st in sacks/pass attempt. Can't say I'm all that surprised that nobody from the offense made it, although I'll be curious to see where Evans ended up on the WR list...

The only Anderson in the league who plays tackle is Wlilie Anderson of the B'gals. He's a RT.

And fact of life....0.500 or below teams' club members seldom get consideration. I know that flies in the face of today's Honor Rolls by quota, or multiple Valedictorians, but there it is...

872517[/snapback]

They do probowl selections by just offensive tackle and not the multiple positions.

Even as a die hard Bills fan, I think selecting Peters to the pro bowl this year would cheapen my view of it. It would sort of be like voting in Tony Romo after only eight or nine games....oh, wait.... :nana:

Even as a die hard Bills fan, I think selecting Peters to the pro bowl this year would cheapen my view of it. It would sort of be like voting in Tony Romo after only eight or nine games....oh, wait.... :nana:

872534[/snapback]

You would be right if Peters had only played part of the season.

872534[/snapback]

Why Romo & not McNabb?

Mind you, apart from Brees, Bulger, Romo & McNabb there is nobody in the NFC who performed consistently well at QB this season.

872534[/snapback]

I hear Jessica Simpson has been pretty bored and just mastered clicking a mouse on her computer

What else explains Romo after only 8 games

If I remember vaguely the voting is 1/3rd fans, 1/3rd players and 1/3rd coaches around the league.

Peters, to be recognized outside the teams he played this year will require the bills to play national games....We did not play in any.

Peters: 14 games 2 sacks allowed

Ogden: 14 games 3.5 sacks allowed

Tarik Glenn: 14 games 3 sacks allowed

Willie Anderson: 14 games 2.5 sacks allowed

872495[/snapback]

I was laughing on finheaven when they were talking about how their pro bowl DE was going to eat up our LT....

I was like "are you talking about Jason Peters" they were like "who in the :nana: is Jason Peters?"

Well...they know who he is now.....

Why Romo & not McNabb?

Mind you, apart from Brees, Bulger, Romo & McNabb there is nobody in the NFC who performed consistently well at QB this season.

872602[/snapback]

If you really look at the NFC, besides Drew Brees, there is no QB that has had a pro-bowl caliber season. The closest would be Romo, who has scored lots of touchdowns. McNabbs season was cut short to 1/2 season, so he cannot count.

Bulger has had a Ok season and his team has taken a beating in the last 4 weeks. Remember, people tend to remember the last 4 weeks before the pro-bowl announcement than the entire season or the 1st 4/5 weeks of the season. It is the nature of the beast.

I was laughing on finheaven when they were talking about how their pro bowl DE was going to eat up our LT....

I was like "are you talking about Jason Peters"  they were like "who in the  :nana:  is Jason Peters?"

Well...they know who he is now.....

872662[/snapback]

So what; Gandy has shutdown Taylor the past 2,3 games as well as until Sunday when JP held the ball too long he hadn't sacked JP and really hasn't been much of a factor the past few times we have played them.

.....The closest would be Romo, who has scored lots of touchdowns.  McNabbs season was cut short to 1/2 season, so he cannot count.....

872681[/snapback]

Actually up to this week, McNabb had started & completed 1 more game(9) than Romo(8) and has thrown for 2 more TDs(plus 3 more on the ground) and 4 less INTs.

I'm not trying to make an argument for McNabb.....simply showing how astounding it is(when you consider McNabb) that Romo got the probowl selection.