It's Bills-Titans week, so I'm back

Starkiller

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still shiiver at the though of the Music City Robbery, but I take solace in the Titans impression of the SB25 Bills :nana:

Titans are going to be good next year, just like the Bills, but the O lacks the weapons needed and the D, which is very oportunistic, recieved early XMax presents from Gurard last Sunday. JP should have a better game than that and our D is proving it can be a shut down type, even while allowing many 100 yard rushers.

I look forward to a great game - with another Bills victory!!!

I still shiiver at the though of the Music City Robbery, but I take solace in the Titans impression of the SB25 Bills  ;)

Titans are going to be good next year, just like the Bills, but the O lacks the weapons needed and the D, which is very oportunistic, recieved early XMax presents from Gurard last Sunday.  JP should have a better game than that and our D is proving it can be a shut down type, even while allowing many 100 yard rushers.

I look forward to a great game - with another Bills victory!!!

872778[/snapback]

Yeah the lateral was great. Im old school, from the oilers era, Im still sore over the 1992 playoffs though :nana:.

Defenitely will be a good game...

Yes, actually, I have. Skewed by the game against the Giants' 28th-ranked pass defense, the only game of the four where he finished with a QB rating over 74.0.

Kid's a playmaker, and his running ability makes me nervous. But given that the Bills D has given up just six TD passes in the seven games since the bye, I like our chances against his arm.

872718[/snapback]

For what it's worth, I give the Bills the edge this week. So that should make you feel better.

On the other hand, I also picked the Eagles, Giants, Colts, and Jags to beat the Titans over the last 5 weeks and I was wrong on them...

12 NYG W 24-21 24 35 249 68.6 25 2 0 107.9 10 69 6.9 1

13 IND W 20-17 15 25 163 60.0 21 2 2 72.6 9 78 8.7 0

14 @HOU W 26-20 (OT) 19 29 218 65.5 39 0 1 73.6 7 86 12.3 1

15 JAC W 24-17 8 15 85 53.3 22 0 0 70.1 4 4 1.0 0

VY's stats the past 4 weeks. notice his completion percent... it's not like 'lol he's barely completing half'

Hey to everyone who was around back when I first posted here in the 1999 playoffs (no comment  :nana: ). It's been a long time since the Titans have faced the Bills, but as it's that time again, I'm back.

Here's to a good game this weekend (obviously I'm hoping for a different outcome than most of you). Should be pretty close.

872376[/snapback]

And indeed, since the loser goes home in this one, there is a bit of a playoff atmosphere about this week too....

Hey to everyone who was around back when I first posted here in the 1999 playoffs (no comment  ;) ). It's been a long time since the Titans have faced the Bills, but as it's that time again, I'm back.

Here's to a good game this weekend (obviously I'm hoping for a different outcome than most of you). Should be pretty close.

872376[/snapback]

Music City Miracle => Immaculate Deception

:nana:

Glad to have a visiting fan back to talk football, not smack. If we all liked the same team football would be boring.

Long as you're here, SK, I'm curious as to your take (as well as TEN fans' in general) on the way things played out with McNair. I think we all knew that gigantic cap number meant they'd eventually have to part company, but the perception outside Nashville remains that the Titans "done him wrong."

Your thoughts?

Hey to everyone who was around back when I first posted here in the 1999 playoffs (no comment  :lol: ). It's been a long time since the Titans have faced the Bills, but as it's that time again, I'm back.

872376[/snapback]

I remember you as one of the more classy and intelligent fans of our opposition. I'm glad to see your team has turned it around, as I've always thought Jeff Fischer is pretty cool. I can't say I can wish you luck this week, but I'll wish you guys lose to us without suffering any injuries.

Long as you're here, SK, I'm curious as to your take (as well as TEN fans' in general) on the way things played out with McNair. I think we all knew that gigantic cap number meant they'd eventually have to part company, but the perception outside Nashville remains that the Titans "done him wrong."

Your thoughts?

873059[/snapback]

Well, I'm not not SK, but I am a Titans fan, so I'll chime in. I think the decision was the right thing to do, I don't like how it went down. The lockout was nothing more than a publicity stunt, as it has been proven that McNair knew going to work that day he wouldn't be allowed to work. His agent made him go anyways wanting to get the court of public opinion to chime in and convict the Titans.

It was the right decision. But it could have been handled better.

I remember you as one of the more classy and intelligent fans of our opposition.  I'm glad to see your team has turned it around, as I've always thought Jeff Fischer is pretty cool.  I can't say I can wish you luck this week, but I'll wish you guys lose to us without suffering any injuries.

873531[/snapback]

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not big on trashtalk. I'd rather talk reality. And yeah, we're more likely to wish each other luck after Sunday is done.

Fisher is usually a cool guy, but he has his moments where he twists the knife. He loved talking trash about the Jags after beating them 3 times in 1999. You guys guys got the worst of it when he introduced the "special teams" in the 2000 opener. Funny, I have to say, but definitely cruel... :lol:

Your thoughts?

873059[/snapback]

I think they had to let him go because of the $50M bonus. He just isn't worth that at this point. And they weren't going to be a contender with or without him.

But they definitely turned it into a PR disaster. Locking him out was ugly. I have tons of respect for McNair, who happens to be my all-time favorite Titan (I wasn't an Oilers fan). That said, I can't blame the organization for not wanting him to possibly get injured and having to eat his insane contract. And no one really knows how much McNair's agent turned it into a circus when there was no need for there to be one.

Lockout PR aside, I don't think the Titans screwed him. It was just business. They paid him over $50M since his rookie season, so it's not like he got the shaft. And the Ravens signed him to a big deal as well.

And hey, McNair is at the point in his career where he wants to win now, which he could never have done here with where they are now. The best thing for him, honestly, was to go to a team like the Ravens. But I have to say the fact that McNair in purple is sickening (just imagine if you guys had to see Jim Kelly in an aqua uniform). :lol:

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not big on trashtalk. I'd rather talk reality. And yeah, we're more likely to wish each other luck after Sunday is done.

Fisher is usually a cool guy, but he has his moments where he twists the knife. He loved talking trash about the Jags after beating them 3 times in 1999. You guys guys got the worst of it when he introduced the "special teams" in the 2000 opener. Funny, I have to say, but definitely cruel...  :lol:

873729[/snapback]

Too bad the Rednecks lost that game.

:D

But I have to say the fact that McNair in purple is sickening (just imagine if you guys had to see Jim Kelly in an aqua uniform).  :doh:

873733[/snapback]

That sounds disgustingly similar to Thurman Thomas retiring as a Dolphin.

Thanks for coming by. Stop in and give us credit when it's all over too, okay? :(

That sounds disgustingly similar to Thurman Thomas retiring as a Dolphin.

Thanks for coming by.  Stop in and give us credit when it's all over too, okay?  :lol:

874076[/snapback]

Yes, I thought about that, too. That was similar to Eddie George as a Cowboy.

And I'll be back after the game one way or another.

That's OK, we won 13 others...  :lol:

Safe to say the Bills fans were up for that game. I heard a few horror stories from Titans fans who went to the game.

874069[/snapback]

That was the first game I ever took my kids to and my daughter spent most of the time with her hands over her ears. The joint was rocking and we were rewarded with one of the toughest nastiest most physical games I've ever seen in that stadium. I don't think anybody on either squad was able to stand up in the shower 'til Wednesday. Didn't see any scrappin' in the stands though.

Welcome back and enjoy the show Sunday. But not too much.

Cya