19,000 Titans vs Bills Tickets left

Cleveland? Pittsburgh? Denver? Small markets? Yeah, right.

The only metropolitan areas smaller than Buffalo with NFL teams are Green Bay and Jacksonville. Green Bay is special; we all know that. (Of course, having Milwaukee, the 26th-largest MSA in the country, 100 miles down I-43 doesn't hurt.) And Jacksonville covered 9700 seats before the 2005 season, after having 12 of their previous 16 home games blacked out.

873939[/snapback]

Not only is Denver one of the 20 largest MSA's, they draw fans from at least a 6 state area. They have many STH's in Wyoming and further out.

If NYC, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Cincy ALL didn't have teams, then a slight case could be made for Denver and Buffalo being comparables.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Oakland is just an enigma. I don't care what the NFL says regarding sellouts. Other than opening day, Oakland has not had more than 45,000 in attendance for any of their home games. Their attendance has been poor for years. I don't know how they have so many "sellouts"?

Cleveland? Pittsburgh? Denver? Small markets? Yeah, right.

The only metropolitan areas smaller than Buffalo with NFL teams are Green Bay and Jacksonville. Green Bay is special; we all know that. (Of course, having Milwaukee, the 26th-largest MSA in the country, 100 miles down I-43 doesn't hurt.) And Jacksonville covered 9700 seats before the 2005 season, after having 12 of their previous 16 home games blacked out.

873939[/snapback]

You consider Cleveland & Pittsburgh big markets. Give me a break, why are they considered small markets for baseball & not for football. Cant have it both ways.

Not only is Denver one of the 20 largest MSA's, they draw fans from at least a 6 state area.  They have many STH's in Wyoming and further out.

If NYC, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Cincy ALL didn't have teams, then a slight case could be made for Denver and Buffalo being comparables.

873958[/snapback]

You didnt read my whole posting, it said most of these cities are small markets. One last thing, if you include Toronto, Rcohester, Syracuse & Erie, Im pretty sure sure we have a pretty big fan base to choose from also.

You didnt read my whole posting, it said most of these cities are small markets.  One last thing, if you include Toronto, Rcohester, Syracuse & Erie, Im pretty sure sure we have a pretty big fan base to choose from also.

874028[/snapback]

Also, for the record, there are more people living in Erie than in Wyoming.

You consider Cleveland & Pittsburgh big markets.  Give me a break, why are they considered small markets for baseball & not for football.  Cant have it both ways.

874024[/snapback]

Small markets compared to NYC and LA. Not to Buffalo. And I don't care about baseball.

List_of_United_States_metropolitan_areas (from Wikipedia)

#21 Pittsburgh, PA - 2,386,074

#23 Cleveland–Elyria–Mentor, OH - 2,126,318

#47 Buffalo–Niagara Falls, NY - 1,147,711

As the caveman in the GEICO commercial says, "Next time, do a little research."

Small markets compared to NYC and LA. Not to Buffalo. And I don't care about baseball.

List_of_United_States_metropolitan_areas (from Wikipedia)

#21  Pittsburgh, PA - 2,386,074

#23  Cleveland–Elyria–Mentor, OH - 2,126,318

#47  Buffalo–Niagara Falls, NY - 1,147,711

As the caveman in the GEICO commercial says, "Next time, do a little research."

874044[/snapback]

Okay Lauri, whatever. Why dont you include Rochester, Northern PA & Southern Ontario in the population for the bills. I know you think you own this board because you have 6,000 posts & you are one of the few people who bring some kind of food to the annual Bills Tailgate, but please spare me.

When it comes to this subject, you should care about baseball because it is interchangeable. I explain it for even a moron like you could understand. In baseball cities like Pittsburgh & Cleveland (mainly pittsburgh) have low payrolls because they dont have a big tv contract. Why dont they get a big tv contract? Because baseball(unlike football) doesnt have shared revenue & their markets are not big enough to warrant a tv contract. Hence the phrase small market. The same logic applies for football also. Did I go slow enough for you jerkoff.

Okay Lauri, whatever.  Why dont you include Rochester, Northern PA & Southern Ontario in the population for the bills.  I know you think you own this board because you have 6,000 posts & you are one of the few people who bring some kind of food to the annual Bills Tailgate, but please spare me.

When it comes to this subject, you should care about baseball because it is interchangeable.  I explain it for even a moron like you could understand.  In baseball cities like Pittsburgh & Cleveland (mainly pittsburgh) have low payrolls because they dont have a big tv contract.  Why dont they get a big tv contract?  Because baseball(unlike football) doesnt have shared revenue & their markets are not big enough to warrant a tv contract.  Hence the phrase small market.  The same logic applies for football also.  Did I go slow enough for you jerkoff.

874057[/snapback]

Baseball is very dependent on fan interest. See: Miami and Minnesota. Both are larger than St. Louis, but can't compete in revenue, regardless of record.

Okay Lauri, whatever.  Why dont you include Rochester, Northern PA & Southern Ontario in the population for the bills.  I know you think you own this board because you have 6,000 posts & you are one of the few people who bring some kind of food to the annual Bills Tailgate, but please spare me.

874057[/snapback]

And why don't you include Akron and Sandusky in the Cleveland numbers? :doh:

You know, it's really not a smart thing for someone to disrespect one of the most respected and knowledgable posters on an internet message board. That usually gets treated with contempt, and when you don't spell that person's name right, it usually gets you branded as a loser.

Baseball is very dependent on fan interest.  See: Miami and Minnesota.  Both are larger than St. Louis, but can't compete in revenue, regardless of record.

874065[/snapback]

That is true to a point but dont kid yourself. Teams like the Yankees & mets, who both gross around $100 mill from tv revenues is what allows them to spend in free agency the way they do. Cleveland for years always had one of the highest attendance in the league(in fact I think they were sold out for the entire year before the season even started a few times) but were always middle of the pack spenders as far as players salaries went.

And why don't you include Akron and Sandusky in the Cleveland numbers?  :doh:

You know, it's really not a smart thing for someone to disrespect one of the most respected and knowledgable posters on an internet message board.  That usually gets treated with contempt, and when you don't spell that person's name right, it usually gets you branded as a loser.

874070[/snapback]

Look, my original point was you cant look at markets in a vacuum & just assume Buffalo is a small market. From where they draw from, which includes Toronto, they have a bigger market then most. There are going to be 20,000 empty seats at the game sunday & I think that is a disgrace. I also think it is a disgrace that we have had the last 4 games blacked out. Spare me the talk on we have the largest stadium. We also have the cheapest seats so I think it evens out. Everybody gives Jacksonville & Oakland a tough time, you know in order for people there to even purchase some season tickets, they need to buy a PSL. If they tried to do that here, there would be riots in the street.

As far as you calling me a looser because I spelled someone's name wrong?? Lets compare paychecks, we will see who the looser is.

Look, my original point was you cant look at markets in a vacuum & just assume Buffalo is a small market.  From where they draw from, which includes Toronto, they have a bigger market then most.  There are going to be 20,000 empty seats at the game sunday & I think that is a disgrace.  I also think it is a disgrace that we have had the last 4 games blacked out.  Spare me the talk on we have the largest stadium.  We also have the cheapest seats so I think it evens out.  Everybody gives Jacksonville & Oakland a tough time, you know in order for people there to even purchase some season tickets, they need to buy a PSL.  If they tried to do that here, there would be riots in the street. 

As far as you calling me a looser because I spelled someone's name wrong??  Lets compare paychecks, we will see who the looser is.

874075[/snapback]

loser :doh:

As far as you calling me a looser because I spelled someone's name wrong??  Lets compare paychecks, we will see who the looser is.

874075[/snapback]

Haha... always a hilarious argument when someone is getting put in their place. "Yeah, well, uhhh... I make more money then you do!!!" That's like saying "gimme my ball I'm going home." First off you have no idea how much anybody makes on this board. Secondly, money does not exclude someone from being a loser. I can think of a ton of people who are rich as hell and are losers.

Not saying you were wrong in your original points, but don't bring that stupid argument up on an internet message board. Almost as bad as, "well if you weren't behind your computer I'd kick your a$$ right now!"

874075[/snapback]

hahaha, I really don't think you want to do that... I'll give you a hint. Look at my location and realize I work for a large software company in that area.

If you are going to try and rip on somebody, at least spell her name right (or was it meant to be sarcasm?).

Did you follow her link to see her point of reference to define "metropolitan area"?

You really do not know Lori, that much is obvious.

I can tell when someone is losing an argument when they start calling people names and making wild ass assumptions about what motivates THEM! :(

Keep trying though, this is getting funny! :doh:

When it comes to this subject, you should care about baseball because it is interchangeable.  I explain it for even a moron like you could understand.  In baseball cities like Pittsburgh & Cleveland (mainly pittsburgh) have low payrolls because they dont have a big tv contract.  Why dont they get a big tv contract?  Because baseball(unlike football) doesnt have shared revenue & their markets are not big enough to warrant a tv contract.  Hence the phrase small market.  The same logic applies for football also.  Did I go slow enough for you jerkoff.

874057[/snapback]