A Few Thoughts About The Game And The Bills...

Bill from NYC

9. I offered a public mia culpa to Simon earlier today.  I'll bump it when he's active.  Nate has been outstanding over the last 4-6 weeks.

869695[/snapback]

It is a very complicated situation imo. I believe that Nate would like to leave town, but how could he turn down the type of contract I specified? (and btw, I DON'T think I went high)

The guy COULD get hurt next week and get NOTHING! I am thinking that if Ralph offered him 20 million to sign, he would be stupid to say no. The cap room IS in fact there, and we would be able to go after OGs and LBs in the early rounds and free agency.

Yeah, I am all fired up, but I am saying that I don't think that our Bills are really that far away. We should NOT have to lose Nate. Please pay the man Mr. Wilson!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a very complicated situation imo. I believe that Nate would like to leave town, but how could he turn down the type of contract I specified? (and btw, I DON'T think I went high)

The guy COULD get hurt next week and get NOTHING! I am thinking that if Ralph offered him 20 million to sign, he would be stupid to say no. The cap room IS in fact there, and we would be able to go after OGs and LBs in the early rounds and free agency.

Yeah, I am all fired up, but I am saying that I don't think that our Bills are really that far away. We should NOT have to lose Nate. Please pay the man Mr. Wilson!!!

869755[/snapback]

What scares me about isnt the Bills not makig an offer, but Danny Snyder showing an interest in nate. Snyder wouldnt have a problem tossing 70 mil, 25 mil SB at clements and freeny.

Rumor is that snyder is already fueling up 3 private jets to go for freeny, clements, and briggs on day 1 of FA.

3) Yes, he HAS made a few good plays over the last 2 seasons, but you people just got to witness why I was so mad at drafting a circus show side act with our first selection of a draft. The guy drives me friggin nuts.

869610[/snapback]

I too was ready to strangle roscoe after that retarded decision on the punt return. It must be a UM thing, cuz i have seen willis do it a few times too.

But remember roscoe has made some plays this year. Was worth he a 2nd round pick, probably not no.

But hate donahoe for drafting him, dont hate roscoe for being picked. its not his fault. :ph34r:

i know the team has already declared they would not franchise nate again. i also know a high character guy like marv levy won't go back on his word without serious cause. in my opinion however, the bills will be nothing short of stupid if they let nate walk. i sincerely hope they make every attempt to keep nate, especially since they have made such strides and appear to be poised for a run at legitimacy.

869705[/snapback]

I do not know the details of this "agreement" but here's how I think it will play out. They will do their absolute best to get him re-signed to a lucrative extension during that exclusive window. If it comes down to the 11th hour, they will tag him, knowing that will sever all ties with him, but they won't just let him get away for nothing. We will work out a trade with another team that Nate also negotiates with and gets a contract to his liking.

Hopefully we're able to sign him before FA starts, but if not it makes no business sense whatsoever to just let him walk. You can't take the risk of letting him hit the open market, because you can't control your own destiny if he does. Our only card at that point is to use the tag. Yes, if it comes to that it would get ugly for awhile, but ultimately he'll get what he wants and the Bills will get something in return. With all that said, pay the man Ralph!

I do not know the details of this "agreement" but here's how I think it will play out.  They will do their absolute best to get him re-signed to a lucrative extension during that exclusive window.  If it comes down to the 11th hour, they will tag him, knowing that will sever all ties with him, but they won't just let him get away for nothing.  We will work out a trade with another team that Nate also negotiates with and gets a contract to his liking. 

Hopefully we're able to sign him before FA starts, but if not it makes no business sense whatsoever to just let him walk.  You can't take the risk of letting him hit the open market, because you can't control your own destiny if he does.  Our only card at that point is to use the tag.  Yes, if it comes to that it would get ugly for awhile, but ultimately he'll get what he wants and the Bills will get something in return.  With all that said, pay the man Ralph!

869787[/snapback]

Posts like this are what makes TBD what it is. Seriously, your speculation is quite worthy of much consideration. If this happens, we wouldn't be totally screwed.

I gotta admit that yours is a scenario that I have never considered.

Great work! :ph34r:

......Was worth he a 2nd round pick......

869769[/snapback]

Hell, yeah. He single handedly(well...sort of) won us the JAX game.

I think there is a negative slant against him because he was our first player picked last year....and that he is a complimentary type player, not the position starter that we needed. Randle El was a second rounder....as was Sinorice Moss.

Parrish has certainly performed in what is essentially just past his rookie year at a level higher than should perhaps be expected....he is out performing Randle El at the equivalent time.

Hell, yeah.  He single handedly(well...sort of) won us the JAX game.

I think there is a negative slant against him because he was our first player picked last year....and that he is a complimentary type player, not the position starter that we needed.  Randle El was a second rounder....as was Sinorice Moss.

Parrish has certainly performed in what is essentially just past his rookie year at a level higher than should perhaps be expected....he is out performing Randle El at the equivalent time.

869832[/snapback]

Randle El stinks though. Why does every Bills fan think he's good?

It rained the entire game. I just got home and into some warm, dry clothes. It was totally worth getting soaked !

Got a sweet Bills hat from some guy selling them for a charity. It has the charging buffalo on it and underneath is stitched: DOLPHINS SUCK

Priceless. :ph34r:

1) Looking left for THAT amount of time and then throwing a fastball to Royal on the right was imvho, the biggest stride I have seen Losman make as a QB. This week, I decided to start with the QB position.

2) Moorman is almost as good as Ray Guy. I wonder how many here realize just what a compliment this is.

3) Yes, he HAS made a few good plays over the last 2 seasons, but you people just got to witness why I was so mad at drafting a circus show side act with our first selection of a draft. The guy drives me friggin nuts.

4) I guess that the "players of the game" were Ellison and Reed. That in itself is friggin insane. And awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5) With 3:37 to go in the 4th quarter, we should have been looking at Nall and S. Williams. Sorry Coach Jauron, but you were flat out wrong to risk injury to JP and WM with nothing at stake.

6) Only 1 "high motor" comment about Schobel today. Thank God for small favors.

7) In the 2nd quarter, the phish showed little respect for our defense when they ran up the middle on 3rd and 10. The credit for this observation belongs to nirvjam. He only lurks these days which is a shame, because he is a super fan, and a super human being.

8) I did notice that "step" that TKO lost today. Imagine if he gets any of it back?!

9) RING.......Hello Nate? This is BfNYC from www.twobillsdrive.com. I am just calling to offer you a 6 year contract. It call for 50 million dollars, and comes with a 20 million dollar signing bonus. If this sounds OK, tell your agent to call Mr. Modrak. Take care.

10) When you watch the replay of the TD pass to Reed, watch Jason Peters shove Taylor out of the way like he was a rag !@#$ing doll! A sight to behold I tell you!  :ph34r:

11) GO BILLS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO BUFFALO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

869610[/snapback]

1) Agreed. Watch the replay and see him look off Evans and come back to Royal on the right. Good job not to lock onto his favorite target. Sweet!

2) He's better, IMHO. If he maintains the 40 yard net average, that will seal the deal. Ray Guy played in a (fairly) warm weather site. He didn't have to contend with the elements that Moorman does.

3) Stupidest play of the year, hands down. But the guy is electrifying and has been more good than bad when healthy.

4) Ellison played a helluva game and Reed's "bull" through three defenders was a thing of beauty. It's nice to get significant contributions from unexpected sources.

5) Agreed. I was scratching my head over that but it's hard to fault the coaches for anything today.

6) Thank God for Schobel, period. He's underrated. The "high motor" comments are BS.

7) The run defense doesn't deserve much respect, but they earned some as the game progressed. Sammy freakin' Morris??

8) Still hoping and praying, but he seems to be improving every week.

9) Contract year performance or not, the Bills need to go all out to re-sign him or they'll be taking yet another CB high in the draft.

10) :doh: Barring injury, Jason Peters has a bright future ahead of him. He's maturing into a very good LT right before our eyes.

11) :bag::lol::nana::D:D

Hell, yeah.  He single handedly(well...sort of) won us the JAX game.

I think there is a negative slant against him because he was our first player picked last year....and that he is a complimentary type player, not the position starter that we needed.  Randle El was a second rounder....as was Sinorice Moss.

869832[/snapback]

Devin Hester was a 2nd rounder, and believe me, no one in Chicago is questioning that selection!

5) With 3:37 to go in the 4th quarter, we should have been looking at Nall and S. Williams. Sorry Coach Jauron, but you were flat out wrong to risk injury to JP and WM with nothing at stake.

10) When you watch the replay of the TD pass to Reed, watch Jason Peters shove Taylor out of the way like he was a rag !@#$ing doll! A sight to behold I tell you!  :ph34r:

869610[/snapback]

As usual...great post, Bill. I really like to hear stuff like this since I rarely get to see the game live. Now my comments..

5 - I have to disagree here. At this point, keep Losman in the game no matter the score. Keep him synchronized, bonded, whatever with the OL and the rest of the offense. Yeah, injury is a risk, but he's getting it now. About the only time I'd take him out of a game is if he got beaten up by a tough defense and the game is out of hand late in the 4th.

10 - Someone please tell me that this was as effective as Taylor and Peters were in their roles all day. Wow!!!!!!!