What's your Favorite / Least Favorite Christmas

Reed83HOF

I was wondering what Christmas specials/movies everyone likes...seeing that it is this time of the year...it seems approriate to ask...

My Fav...

Nat'l Lampoons Christmas Vacation

Honorable mention...Home Alone 1 - it just makes me laugh

Least fav

Christmas Story - you'll shoot your eye out...argghhh!!!

I don't mind Christmas Story but as far as supposed "Christmas classics" go it's my least favorite by far.

Favorite is easily It's a Wonderful Life followed by Christmas Vacation. The original Miracle on 34th Street is great.

Most of the Christmas movies from the last 15 years or so are completely terrible with Elf as a big exception.

Even though it may be a cliche one - Charlie Brown to me still stands the test of time. The dancing scene, the music, CB's lonely walk after 'killing' his tree', Linus' monologue - all classic. I grew up having over 30 paperbacks w/ Peanuts cartoons - my daughter reads them now.

Favorite has got to be Christmas Vacation...watch it every Christmas eve

Least favorite by far is A christmas story, I despise that movie with all my being...and of course this year they had to make the commercial with the phone in the christmas story style....blah

My favorite is Elf. Christmas Vacation is a close second, and I like Christmas Story, partially because it was filmed in my hometown.

Least favorite is Bad Santa. I swear that movie was made just to shock people. Playing a F-bomb spewing Santa wasn't funny, Billy Bob.

(and yes, ajzepp, I actually saw Bad Santa) :(

(and yes, ajzepp, I actually saw Bad Santa)  :wallbash:

872282[/snapback]

:(

with the exception of Lauren Graham - one of the most underrated hotties in film, IMO - I was disappointed with 'Bad Santa' too.

Mmmm...Lauren Graham.  :(

872337[/snapback]

I don't know why she isn't higher on the 'hottie' ladder, you know? Not only is she amazingly hot, she's got a really great personality! :wallbash: