Jason Peters 'bone bruise'

stevewin

At first I was relieved to hear Peters' injury was a bone bruise and not more serious - then I remembered the last 'bone bruise' a player on this team had was a broken leg and they missed half the season :ph34r: Peters being able to play (at or close to his ability) is going to be a huge factor in this game.

At first I was relieved to hear Peters' injury was a bone bruise and not more serious - then I remembered the last 'bone bruise' a player on this team had was a broken leg and they missed half the season  :ph34r:  Peters being able to play (at or close to his ability) is going to be a huge factor in this game.

867658[/snapback]

He practiced on a limited basis yesterday. I think he is playing this week.

THURSDAY UPDATE: The Bills injury situation is virtually unchanged from Wednesday. Jason Peters and Takeo Spikes were at practice today and participated in individual work, but did not work in the team portions of practice. John DiGiorgio also couldn't go during team work. All three remain questionable for Sunday.

The Peters' injury is potentially the most damaging to Buffalo's lineup considering the Bills are facing an elite pass rusher in Jason Taylor this week. Head coach Dick Jauron said Peters' injury like all injuries is something to be uneasy about.

"It's always a concern," said Jauron. "Every injury is a concern. We'll just take it through the week and see where it goes."

But Peters is confident he'll be ready for Sunday.

"I'll be alright," he told buffalobills.com after Thursday's practice. "I'll be out there on Sunday."

Terrence McGee and Donte Whitner, who are also listed as questionable both practiced for a second straight day.

BuffaloBills.com: Inside the Bills

At first I was relieved to hear Peters' injury was a bone bruise and not more serious - then I remembered the last 'bone bruise' a player on this team had was a broken leg and they missed half the season  :ph34r:  Peters being able to play (at or close to his ability) is going to be a huge factor in this game.

867658[/snapback]

I'm not sure there's a difference between a "bone bruise" and a "slightly broken leg."

This all sounds good to me. While I never like to hear about players getting hurt, it sounds like Peters has a bruise that is not so severe it will keep him out, and we are putting a message in the media encouraging the Dolphins to try to get to JP by going through Peters (our strength).

nope - we don't get the NFL network in NYC ... I haven't seen much, actually, but Frank Gore was one of fantasy guys and singlehandedly won a couple of games for me.  Someone's gotta be blocking well!

867874[/snapback]

Gore was awesome last night, even though he only had about 50 yards well into the 4th quarter. He got 2/3 of his yards in the last 5 minutes but he was great. What a tough dude. Jennings was getting mauled IMO, and Gore made most all of his yards on his own except for one 50+ run up the middle.

Okay Jason...if there is any way to play, pal...we need you this week.  If he makes it onto the field I'm going to get me a Jason Peters jersey next year..I promise that right now!!!

867706[/snapback]

A curious question ? Does the NFL make/sell Jersey's for all the 22 starters of each team ?

... who appears to be having an excellent season, btw (despite missing his obligatory two games). The Niners' running game has been dominant.

867870[/snapback]

I watched that game yesterday...He was dominating.....Jennings is a fantastic player if he is not injured.

Gore was awesome last night, even though he only had about 50 yards well into the 4th quarter. He got 2/3 of his yards in the last 5 minutes but he was great. What a tough dude. Jennings was getting mauled IMO, and Gore made most all of his yards on his own except for one 50+ run up the middle.

867877[/snapback]

Dare I say it? He appears to have started over Willis at the U for a reason. Damn, he's good.

A curious question ? Does the NFL make/sell Jersey's for all the 22 starters of each team ?

867894[/snapback]

No, but you can order a personalized one. There was a whole busload of Youboty jerseys at the Houston game, probably friends/family...

I watched that game yesterday...He was dominating.....Jennings is a fantastic player if he is not injured.

867896[/snapback]

Gore got hit as soon as he touched the ball and had no holes for 90% of that game. Smith was under a lot of pressure most of the game and did a very good job scrambling and eluding guys all over him. They did absolutely nothing until the fourth quarter when Smith made a couple miracle pass plays, and then Gore ran away with it in the last 5 minutes.

:ph34r: Slight difference of opinion there.

867913[/snapback]

The couple of replays they showed, they showed Jennings man handling his guy and pushing is way away from the QB to make the play. Of course the 49ers played much better in the second half.

Well, that's the rub.  He has never lasted a whole season. 

I'll take Peters...at 1/2 the price.

867928[/snapback]

Peters if he continues to play like now he is not going to keep that contract for long. And I don't have a problem with paying good and contributing players.