JP ranked 21st in QB rankings

IowaBills

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still behind Leinart, Roethlisberger, Vince Young, Grossman, Eli Manning, Michael Vick.  I believe he's played better, and more consistently than all of these other qbs THIS YEAR.  I have to respectfully disagree with ESPN's rankings. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2695034

865304[/snapback]

behind Joey Harrington...thats a joke...enough said

Let's face it, JP's production this year has not been fantastic, but it's due to a number of factors that most of those gearheads either can't or won't take the time to appreciate.

Certainly, in-game experience has a lot to do with it, but the problems along the offensive line have a ripple effect. Those two things together have an effect on protection schemes, which then affect playcalling, which then affect the number of receivers running certain routes, which then affect JP's options, and so on.

Fairchild has said it himself: problems with JP's and the OL's inexperience have really restricted the offense, and that more than anything else is why we're not seeing great production out of people like Royal, Price, and Reed. As we are able to have TE's and RB's go out in pass patterns instead of staying in to block, and as we are able to go to more four and five receiver sets instead of keeping TE's and backs in for blocking, we'll start seeing greater production both from JP and from the different receivers.

It will come. It already is, actually.

Still behind Leinart, Roethlisberger, Vince Young, Grossman, Eli Manning, Michael Vick.  I believe he's played better, and more consistently than all of these other qbs THIS YEAR.  I have to respectfully disagree with ESPN's rankings. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2695034

865304[/snapback]

I didn't even read past Manning ranked 1 over Brees. These guys are such homers for superstars it's ridiculous. ESPN (Eastern Seaboard Propaganda Network/part of Disney's grotesque corporate conglomerate) does their best to individualize the NFL (see the downfall of the NBA) and turns these guys (football players, mind you) into pop idols. I know I'm preaching to the choir but clicking on that link immediately started to grind my gears.

I will wager that JP is in the top 5 next season - not on some ESPN asswipe's website, but in actual yardage, TDs, completion %, efficiency rating, etc.

The naysayers & JP-bashers will look stupid, and will all feel shame.

865380[/snapback]

That would be nice, but 14 tds, 10 ints in 13 games, with a number of those touchdown passes being a bomb or a receiver's nifty YAC moves does not a dominant top-5 qb portend.

To me so far - he's a good long-arm guy, and he's consistent enough to not be a particular liability, but a field general that can force a win - not yet. He hasn't shown any notable red-zone moxie.

Sorry...but I don't think I am bashing him or are being a naysayer...and there is no reason that he won't have a better season next year. The Bills offense just yet doesn't have the powerful line or the gritty save-the-qb's-fanny receivers to get JP into a top 5 spot, IMO.

I didn't even read past Manning ranked 1 over Brees.  These guys are such homers for superstars it's ridiculous.  ESPN (Eastern Seaboard Propaganda Network/part of Disney's grotesque corporate conglomerate) does their best to individualize the NFL (see the downfall of the NBA) and turns these guys (football players, mind you) into pop idols.  I know I'm preaching to the choir but clicking on that link immediately started to grind my gears.

865540[/snapback]

You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.

behind Joey Harrington...thats a joke...enough said

865308[/snapback]

I'm just oging to smile about Harrington's performance so far... he's getting better every game.

But I'm still worried about Clements... I'll be the first to say, I'd be happy if Joey throws zero INTs, but I'm still thinking he throws 2 this weekend, that's my guess.

Ahhhhh...ESPN. They love us so!

Pennington and the Jets ranked by ESPN as better than Losman and the Bills...only morons would feel this way after watching the Jets get beat up by Bills last Sunday.

Harrington and the Dolphins ranked by ESPN as better than Losman and the Bills...oh what fun it will be to watch the Bills finish them off on Sunday.

That would be nice, but 14 tds, 10 ints in 13 games, with a number of those touchdown passes being a bomb or a receiver's nifty YAC moves does not a dominant top-5 qb portend.

To me so far - he's a good long-arm guy, and he's consistent enough to not be a particular liability, but a field general that can force a win - not yet. He hasn't shown any notable red-zone moxie.

Sorry...but I don't think I am bashing him or are being a naysayer...and there is no reason that he won't have a better season next year. The Bills offense just yet doesn't have the powerful line or the gritty save-the-qb's-fanny receivers to get JP into a top 5 spot,  IMO.

865591[/snapback]

Once you actually see a Buffalo Bills football game I'll start listening to your opinion concerning the Bills and their players.

You've seen, what, 2-3 games in the past 2 seasons and none this year? How exactly do you formulate these opinions?

He is 21 because Buffalo is ranked 30th in passing. Obviously that is what they are looking at.

Blame it on the offensive scheme that only now is slowly allowing him to show some of his skills.... These writers are not seeing him have to take over a game or try and win one. Sorry to break you the news....

I am happy to see JP given more opportunities, however seeing the complaints about Joey Harrington here's his stats, using the Anthony line....

7 of 9 games over 200 yards (190 & 137 other 2).....

You can start bashing me now.....

Once you actually see a Buffalo Bills football game I'll start listening to your opinion concerning the Bills and their players.

You've seen, what, 2-3 games in the past 2 seasons and none this year?  How exactly do you formulate these opinions?

865621[/snapback]

Quite so, MDH. I accept your criticism with no qualms. Looks like another season without me seeing the club. :w00t:

But I've been watching this game for close to half a century...and not just our team.

So I get a bit more out of the numbers, the trends, of a player. I get a certain feeling about how a player progresses, how he fits into the team, I judge the man and his meaning to a team - football is surely the chess game of popular team sports. Very much the sum of the parts...

But those numbers, stats, however useful, subordinate to a feeling of the flow of the contest. And Losman has not given me the impression of a true field general, if I may be allowed to repeat my words.

An old, I suppose archaic definition of a General was this - "A fighting man who happens to have an army at his disposal".

Count me as a JP fan...if you care to explore past posts, I was one who 100% supported his starting sight unseen in '05.

He is 21 because Buffalo is ranked 30th in passing.  Obviously that is what they are looking at. 

Blame it on the offensive scheme that only now is slowly allowing him to show some of his skills....  These writers are not seeing him have to take over a game or try and win one.  Sorry to break you the news....

I am happy to see JP given more opportunities, however seeing the complaints about Joey Harrington here's his stats, using the Anthony line....

7 of 9 games over 200 yards (190 & 137 other 2).....

You can start bashing me now.....

865639[/snapback]

Harrington has played 4 less games and thrown the ball MORE than losman. it's expected that he's going to have more than 200 yards more often. in fact, harrington has thrown the ball more than losman's high in attempts for this year (38) 5 times