Dolphins had Pats audio

JoeF

Thought this was an interesting tidbit....

Great Gazoo Clayton just said Saban procured tapes that included audio and that they picked up on Brady's audibles that adjust pass blocking schemes. Phins were able to determine where to bring pressure based on what they learned from the audio...sounds akin to sign stealing in baseball but the League says they will do nothing about it...

Interesting....Gazoo alluded to the genius of Nick Saban--I tuned out the rest....guess I wouldn't make a good blitzer..

Stealing signs still happens in baseball.  The 2nd base runner more often that not will tell the better where the pitch will be, it's so obvious.

865100[/snapback]

Actually that's not true. Catchers go through 8-10 signs when a runner is on second and doesn't set up the pitch location until the pitcher is beginning his motion.

There's nothing illegal about this. If you can have someone on your team figure out a pattern with the other team's signals and translate that to specific plays, then I'm all for it. It's not cheating - it's an art and a way to gain an advantage.

Cheating is when you put a camera in CF to study the catcher's signs to the pitcher and have that camera feed into the clubhouse.

If Brady gave the same audible calls throughout the game and Miami picked up on them, then great. Brady will now never do that again...and I'm surprised that the other genius (Belichick) didn't realize it, either. Of course, ESPN doesn't want to say how BB was out-coached on something - that could never possible happen.

The thing that bothered me the most was the smug way Saban talked about it. Like he was F*cking General patton or something. A better analogy would be a limp-wristed-red flag throwing-Doctor Strangelove cloned-girlie man.

Nothing will be done unless Jauron does this. THEN the NFL will be in an uproar.

:w00t:

Thought this was an interesting tidbit....

Great Gazoo Clayton just said Saban procured tapes that included audio and that they picked up on Brady's audibles that adjust pass blocking schemes.  Phins were able to determine where to bring pressure based on what they learned from the audio...sounds akin to sign stealing in baseball but the League says they will do nothing about it...

Interesting....Gazoo alluded to the genius of Nick Saban--I tuned out the rest....guess I wouldn't make a good blitzer..

865057[/snapback]

Are the Pats actually complaining or is the media blowing this out of proportion again?

865255[/snapback]

Media.

The Pats are not saying anything. I'll bet quietly they have spies looking for who sold the video to the Fish though!

I can't decide if I'm happier at the thought that Saban and the Fins got caught "cheating" or the fact that the "cheating" was used to dismantle Marcia and the Pats.  Wow, what a dilemma.

865195[/snapback]

Really.

If this turns out to be all true, it goes to integrity of the game. I don't know what remedy could be put forth. MIA forfeiting next years' #1 sounds good to me.

Really.

If this turns out to be all true, it goes to integrity of the game.  I don't know what remedy could be put forth. MIA forfeiting next years' #1 sounds good to me.

865281[/snapback]

According to the posters at FinHeaven.com, everyone does this. Pros, college and high schools. They all do this. It's nothing new. The only reason it's being reported is because the Patriot's lost, and that's all they have to say about that.

According to the posters at FinHeaven.com, everyone does this. Pros, college and high schools. They all do this. It's nothing new. The only reason it's being reported is because the Patriot's lost, and that's all they have to say about that.

865368[/snapback]

So, like in "Miracle on 34th Street", a judge would agree that FinHaven is a "competent authority"... :w00t:

I hope Dick Jauron asked Saban how much the tape costs.

865383[/snapback]

There is an element of 'It's all right only if my team wins with it; all's fair in love and football.'

But to me, there is a fine line of how to gain advantage over an opponent in the NFL and this crossed it. If they'd figured this out on their own initiative, that's fine --- you put in the work, you get rewarded. If you get information from a former player who's now on your team (i.e. RJ during the Jags game), that's fine --- if a team doesn't change its calls year to year you're asking to be beat.

Paying an insider mole (who could have had access other than a Pats employee?) to get tape revealing the line calls.... that is cheating. I don't know if there should be any league penalty or if it's merely another example of the ethical slimeball-ness required to be a Dolphag. But, also, it's up to the Patriots to clean their own house.

Cheating is when you put a camera in CF to study the catcher's signs to the pitcher and have that camera feed into the clubhouse.

865216[/snapback]

<cough> university of miami baseball team 2 years ago <cough>

seems liek theres a theme going on in south florida

Media.

The Pats are not saying anything. I'll bet quietly they have spies looking for who sold the video to the Fish though!

865262[/snapback]

Mangina?

Maybe he was pissed that when they beat the Patsies BB didn't shake his hand so he decided what could be more embarrassing then having the Patsies get shutout against the felons?

Mangina?

Maybe he was pissed that when they beat the Patsies BB didn't shake his hand so he decided what could be more embarrassing then having the Patsies get shutout against the felons?

865403[/snapback]

Never really trusted Marv Levy--he's a sneaky little bastard.... :w00t: