That's life

LevysEraII

...because they (big market teams) are pushing us out (of Buffalo I assume)".

- Ralph Wilson as quoted in a Buffalo News article. Sorry, no link included just yet.

Don't expect the Bills to spend too much loot on free agents in the offseason.

RW knows the Bills have up to $40 million in salary cap space available and I believe he is making comments like the one above so that he can brace himself from any public outlash when he doesn't spend what we expect him to spend this offseason.

Sell the team Ralph. PLEASE!!!!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...because they (big market teams) are pushing us out (of Buffalo I assume)".

- Ralph Wilson as quoted in a Buffalo News article. Sorry, no link included just yet.

Don't expect the Bills to spend too much loot on free agents in the offseason.

RW knows the Bills have up to $40 million in salary cap space available and I believe he is making comments like the one above so that he can brace himself from any public outlash when he doesn't spend what we expect him to spend this offseason.

Sell the team Ralph. PLEASE!!!!

864007[/snapback]

If that's what he really said, then shame on him, and yes, he should sell. I'll wait till I actually see the article.

The poorest Rich man in the world........poor guy.....I can only imagine the agony he must be going through, i mean to have an initial investment of $40,000 now be worth upwards of $750 Million.....The hardships he must endure

I seem to recall an article a week or so ago that discussed our Free Agents. According to that article, Buffalo was one of the busiest teams last winter in signing FAs and Buffalo spending was among the most in the league for FAs. So, how does that equate to Ralph being cheap?

Also, wasn't there a thread about the AFC championship rings that mentioned cheap ole Ralph stepping up and buying the entire front office a ring. Again, this doesn't sound like such the cheap scate many make him out to be.

It seems like all the arguements about the cheap Ralphie and not spending money, just don't wash when you look it. If anything, I guess you could say Ralph spends carefully.

Please now its been discussed to death and well documented that spending big time on every FA (ala the Redskins) does not gaurantee a Superbowl appearance. So, why are we all so upset that Ralph doesn't spend like Snyder?

The only money he should spend is to keep the good players that we do have in Clemens and Fletcher; like we should have done when it came to keeping Pat Williams a Buffalo Bill! There are no free agents out there worth breaking the bank for just because we have the extra loot. Why be like the Redskins and messed up the little chemistry that we do have by trying to fine tune? I say try to get another solid draft and sign reasonable free agents.

The poorest Rich man in the world........poor guy.....I can only imagine the agony he must be going through, i mean to have an initial investment of $40,000 now be worth upwards of $750 Million.....The hardships he must endure

864017[/snapback]

I believe it was a $25,000 franchise fee.

Having read the article, it's the same old Wilson complaining about the new revenue sharing thing. I don't think he meant to say the Bills wouldn't spend.

864065[/snapback]

shhhh..you are not supposed to read the whole article..just bits and pieces and then form your own opinion...

Having read the article, it's the same old Wilson complaining about the new revenue sharing thing. I don't think he meant to say the Bills wouldn't spend.

864065[/snapback]

Yeah, reading comprehension's a lost art around here.

Ralph's talking about the small market teams being forced to help pay for a new stadium in NYC without getting anything in return from the the large market teams.

But, hey, don't let that stop the scare mongering about next year's roster...

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061...?tbd1055598.asp

Very disturbing article on many levels. The possibility of the Bills leaving buffalo is no longer a possibility in my mind anymore. It is going to happen. I do not like the quotes from Wilson in that article. Especially this one:

"People in Buffalo should enjoy this team, because they're pushing us out"

We need some good news on this front very soon. Does anyone on this board have any? Am I painting to bleak of a picture? That Ralph Wilson quote is very telling to me and it's causing me to start thinking of which team I will support when this does happen. (hint: it won't be the LA Bills!).

My friend who lives in buffalo and works in the Buffalo media has been telling me this for the last couple years and now I'm really starting to beleive him.

Very disturbing article on many levels. The possibility of the Bills leaving buffalo is no longer a possibility in my mind anymore. It is going to happen. I do not like the quotes from Wilson in that article. Especially this one:

We need some good news on this front very soon. Does anyone on this board have any? Am I painting to bleak of a picture? That Ralph Wilson quote is very telling to me and it's causing me to start thinking of which team I will support when this does happen. (hint: it won't be the LA Bills!).

My friend who lives in buffalo and works in the Buffalo media has been telling me this for the last couple years and now I'm really starting to beleive him.

864086[/snapback]

I don't follow the revenue sharing stuff very closely because there isn't a lot I can do. I read up on it and keep track, but I don't live in NYS and certainly can't buy tickets or anything. You know, bad stuff doesn't exist if you ignore it! Seriously though, petitions, complaints, and angry letters don't decide this stuff.

That said, if it *is* as bad as this recent blurb makes it out to be (and it very well might be a shock statement) it seems to me that the only way to keep them in the general area would be to do something about market size.

I know others have balked at it, but I keep thinking that the LA thing is a non-issue. I think Toronto is more likely as they've got the Southern Ontario fan base already. We've had a couple threads on it, but it makes the most logical sense to me. The NFL has expressed interest in moving outside of the US borders, too.

-Jeff

864086[/snapback]

Henny-Penny Lives! :beer:

Makes me mad!

Rw said "We are lucky to make 7 million a year"  WTF!!!! 7 million?  Last time I checked 7 million is a F'ing lot of money!  :beer:

Cry me a river  and sell this team!

864088[/snapback]

Again, read. 7 million on his luxury boxes which is not shared by NFL owners, as compared to 50 million for the Jets and Giants. This new stadium gives the Jets and Giants a ton more money as revenues that will keep pushing the cap UP.

It doesn't take a genius to know that if these revenue streams keep going up elsewhere and the Bills stay stagnant, along with their stagnant economy, the Bills will then fade away.

Ralph is right. It's a bad deal for small markets. Doesn't mean he isn't rich. I'm sure he's making some money. He's not making nearly as much as other owners, however. And if this keeps happening, it will mean that markets like Buffalo will soon not be able to sustain NFL football, because eventually this way of economics will push poor cities out of the NFL.