60.00 to spend on our baby

HelloNewman

Got 60.00 rebate card and the wife and I want to use it for our little daughter who is 4 months old. Got any web sites or ideas for how we should spend it? Serious inquiries only please

(I tried to upload a picture in my contols but it will not take so sorry I cannot show one or else I would have) :(

Got 60.00 rebate card and the wife and I want to use it for our little daughter who is 4 months old.  Got any web sites or ideas for how we should spend it?  Serious inquiries only please

(I tried to upload a picture in my contols but it will not take so sorry I cannot show one or else I would have) :P

863283[/snapback]

Savings bond. Start saving for College. :(

What possible material good means anything to a 4 month-old?  HelloNewman & wife should buy a big, nice quality spiral-cut ham for New Year's Day, and any trimmings they would like.... :thumbsup:

863508[/snapback]

You say that to my wife... And you will have her in tears Cincy... :beer::(

That being said, I know where to go on this topic... No need to worry...

:lol:

Buy baby a good bottle of port. It should appreciate more than a savings bond by the time it can drink it.

863516[/snapback]

Now you're talking. A bottle of vintage port from the year of the baby's birth.

What possible material good means anything to a 4 month-old?

I meant there are better ways to save for college than savings bonds.

Got 60.00 rebate card and the wife and I want to use it for our little daughter who is 4 months old.  Got any web sites or ideas for how we should spend it?  Serious inquiries only please

(I tried to upload a picture in my contols but it will not take so sorry I cannot show one or else I would have) :beer:

863283[/snapback]

The Baby Einstein stuff is very nice. Grandkids seemed to like it when they were your daughters age. Also take a look at www.cricketmag.com I got my 10 month old grandaughter the Kiss Good NIght Board Book, and some other stuff. Not too early to get the kid interested in reading. Now that I've got a couple of grandkids I've found a new way to piss away my extra shekels.

60.00 worth of Wiggles products!!!!!! Watch her face light up for years to come!!!! The Wiggles rule, with or without Greg!!!!

(I tried to upload a picture in my contols but it will not take so sorry I cannot show one or else I would have) :beer:

863283[/snapback]

Do you have a warmer for the baby wipes? It's much nicer (I would assume) to have your bottom wiped with a warm wipe than a cold one.

Baby monitor?

Since you are undoubtedly still using bottles, look into the set up that lets you microwave ( to sterilize) the plastic bottles that use inserts.

These things arent so much for the little one as they are to make your life easier.

Do you have a warmer for the baby wipes?  It's much nicer (I would assume) to have your bottom wiped with a warm wipe than a cold one.

Baby monitor?

Since you are undoubtedly still using bottles, look into the set up that lets you microwave ( to sterilize) the plastic bottles that use inserts. 

These things arent so much for the little one as they are to make your life easier.

864132[/snapback]

They still make those sausage roll thingies for the dirty diapers? Those things worked really well in holding down the stench. (seriously)

Buy baby a good bottle of port. It should appreciate more than a savings bond by the time it can drink it.

863516[/snapback]

My parents did exactly that for me...have a nice 1983 bottle unopened at the house. I'm not really feeling port yet (I think it's all right) and I'd love to wait a little bit until I have a serious taste for it so I don't waste it. Is my window closing?

My parents did exactly that for me...have a nice 1983 bottle unopened at the house. I'm not really feeling port yet (I think it's all right) and I'd love to wait a little bit until I have a serious taste for it so I don't waste it. Is my window closing?

From...

http://www.thevintageportsite.com/

An exceptional Vintage, with outstanding, powerful wines, but unjustly overshadowed by the 1985s and the 1977's before them. As a result these wines are very good value at auction. Declared by most houses.

DRINKING STATUS

Still showing tremendous depth of colour, the best are just beginning to show their true pedigree. These wines have plenty of time ahead and should develop into a first class vintage year.

TASTING NOTES

These are very muscular wines with a great capacity for ageing. The fruit is very evident in these wines today, well balanced and they will be ideal from 2003 onwards.

They are often compared to the 1966s.

CLIMATIC CONDITIONS

A cold and dry winter was followed by a very wet spring. This harmed the flowering, a moderate summer did not help, with the variable weather leading to the vines being about a month behind normal. All was saved with a glorious September, turning what had seemed like being a very poor vintage into an excellent one.

VINIFICATION

The vintage took place under perfect weather conditions, though due to the heat the fermentations were hard to control. From the start the growers could tell that excellent wines were being made.

WINEMAKER'S COMMENTS

'No rain for weeks and very cold. We were surprised to wake up on the morning of the 11th to find it snowing and the ground covered with a light fall, it had not snowed at Bomfim for 12 years.'

James R Symington, 9-11 February 1983

'Just when it seemed summer had at last arrived - 32 C on saturday - heavy rain fell on sunday 5th and during the night.....Vines here flowering and good, hot dry weather badky required'

3-6 June 1983

'Few "coloured" bunches even here at Bomfim, and development continues some three weeks or more behind normal for this time of year. 1983 will certainly be a very late vintage.'

28 July - 8 August 1983

'As foreseen, a very late starting vintage. Quantity will be down everywhere, quality uneven tho' this present hot, fine September weather will have been of great help to the general backwardness of all areas in the Douro.'

19-21 September 1983

'Sugar graduations in the Upper Douro were on average at least 1.5 degrees higher than last year....our own impression is that certainly above-average wines have been made throughout the Upper Douro and we are sure that some will prove to be outstanding....the fresh nose of the fermenting musts was most noticeable and reminded one to the similar lovely fermenting nose of the 1977s and 1980s...the overall production of the Douro region is some 20-25% down on last year.'

October 1983

Comments by Michael Symington

From...

http://www.thevintageportsite.com/

An exceptional Vintage, with outstanding, powerful wines, but unjustly overshadowed by the 1985s and the 1977's before them. As a result these wines are very good value at auction. Declared by most houses.

ese wines today, well balanced and they will be ideal from 2003 onwards.

They are often compared to the 1966s.

864322[/snapback]

If it's not served in a paper bag, it's just pretentious... :beer: