Losman can play in this league...

The_Real

However again we seem to love to get carried away with JP when he threw all of 15 times.  Again only one other QB had under 20 passes (Gerrard for Jax, who rusch for over 350 yards).  I want more passes to prove he is a QB.

862872[/snapback]

I agree 100%. In fact, if you take away that smoke-n-mirrors 77-yard TD to Lee Evans, he only had 77 yards passing. Christ, Brady had 66 yesterday so if you eliminate that lucky throw, he was almost as bad as Brady. In fact, if you elminate 9 of those throws, he only completed one pass yesterday and there's no way you can succeed in this game by only completing one pass.

People need to spend more time seeing what they should have seen and not what they did see because if you want the real truth, if JP didn't throw at all in that game yesterday, then in that game yesterday he wouldn't have completed a single pass.

(There. Now we both sound like !@#$ing morons.)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, if you elminate 9 of those throws, he only completed one pass yesterday and there's no way you can succeed in this game by only completing one pass.

:(

However again we seem to love to get carried away with JP when he threw all of 15 times.  Again only one other QB had under 20 passes (Gerrard for Jax, who rusch for over 350 yards).  I want more passes to prove he is a QB.

862872[/snapback]

Of course Willis averaging almost 8 yards a carry, the Bills reverting to a ball control scheme to work the clock with a 2 score lead had nothing to do with Losman not chucking it anymore.....

People need to spend more time seeing what they should have seen and not what they did see because if you want the real truth, if JP didn't throw at all in that game yesterday, then in that game yesterday he wouldn't have completed a single pass.

862949[/snapback]

Agree....You can keep dissecting the stats to make a point that suits ones opinion....the fact that we were able to run the ball effectively was due to the respect given to Lee Evans and Losman by the Jets. Sometimes, everything is not reflected by the stats.

That drive to start the 4th qtr that took away 7 minutes was just awesome, something the early season bills were unable to do.....Put away an opponent.

Of course Willis averaging almost 8 yards a carry, the Bills reverting to a ball control scheme to work the clock with a 2 score lead had nothing to do with Losman not chucking it anymore.....

862966[/snapback]

Ok I can go through each call and question why passes weren't called.... Yesterday was not the best day for my comments, but they still stand. We are cheering and delirious with glee (some of us at least) with JP controlling the game as opposed to winning it.

I don't blame JP, but again we have less the 200 yards passing and that to me is Mendoza line for QB's (or in this case offensive coordinators). That makes 9 of 13 games under 200 yards passing and 4-5 games with under 15 passes....

Teams are no longer willing or able to stuff 8 or 9 players in the box to blitz like crazy or stop the run because of the maturity of the coaching and line and QB play to make them pay for it. So we were able to run most of the game, and have a 7 minute drive to put the game away by stuffing it down their throats.

I don't blame JP, but again we have less the 200 yards passing and that to me is Mendoza line for QB's (or in this case offensive coordinators).  That makes 9 of 13 games under 200 yards passing and 4-5 games with under 15 passes....

862985[/snapback]

Why is this an issue? JP has proven he can throw for more, but the Bills have shown the ability to win with a conservative game plan. What are you looking to see that having JP throw for 300/3td/1int will show you as opposed to 150/2/0?

Ok I can go through each call and question why passes weren't called....  Yesterday was not the best day for my comments, but they still stand.  We are cheering and delirious with glee (some of us at least) with JP controlling the game as opposed to winning it. 

I don't blame JP, but again we have less the 200 yards passing and that to me is Mendoza line for QB's (or in this case offensive coordinators).  That makes 9 of 13 games under 200 yards passing and 4-5 games with under 15 passes....

862985[/snapback]

You don't pass for the sake of passing.

862985[/snapback]

I will take it.....As long as Losman makes a few key plays and avoids costly mistakes and learns from each game I have no problems....Stats are for Fantasy football.....

Check Big Ben's 1st year as starter.....the stats will look similar.....

The bottom line is Losman has to find different ways to win the game for the BIlls and he is doing that.

Ok I can go through each call and question why passes weren't called....  Yesterday was not the best day for my comments, but they still stand.  We are cheering and delirious with glee (some of us at least) with JP controlling the game as opposed to winning it. 

862985[/snapback]

Hey Anthony -

Carolina Panthers quarterback Chris Weinke went 34-61, 423 passing yesterday and they got thumped by the Gmen. Do you want to know why? The Panthers can't run OR stop the run - thus they lose.

I'll take JP and his 200 yards passing games, thank you very much.

The Weinke comparison is a good one, as are any of the big passing losing effort games that happen week in week out. I think an even better comparison is to his first game against the Jets this year when he went for 309 and we lost. People play too much fantasy football these days to accurately judge a performance sometimes.

JP was on, and if a couple of the drops had been caught it would have been even more impressive, and if Nate hadn't taken that INT to the house or if the Jets had managed to stop Willis, JP would have thrown more. But anytime he can have a game like that in a 31 point performance I will sign on the dotted line.

Why is this an issue?  JP has proven he can throw for more, but the Bills have shown the ability to win with a conservative game plan.  What are you looking to see that having JP throw for 300/3td/1int will show you as opposed to 150/2/0?

862993[/snapback]

We are 30th in passing.... Sorry if I am not happy with that....

We are 30th in passing....  Sorry if I am not happy with that....

863009[/snapback]

But we're making a lot more of the limited opportunities we have.

This is Jauron ball. Smart, efficient, strong defense, turnovers creating the short field, and a field position game in general that means more punting than 'going for it.'

Certainly it has its share of frustrations, but if we are winning I just don't give a sh--. If we can get bombs from JP to Evans with a little more regularity you're going to see bigger stats. I think another WR is needed for that to happen.

Yes I'm happy and the points are pretty much dead on....  Evans dropped a pass the first drive and the Peerless Price catch should have been reviewed (though you can bet they would have used the possession crap and not overturned it).  Don't you love when a play is not overturned they love to use the possession card.  Peerless got his feet in.

862872[/snapback]

The number of passes don't prove whether or not you're a QB. Wins and losses do. Quit griping with ho many he threw and recognize the efficiancy. He has shown that he can negotiate a long field and a short field using long and short passes around a good ground game. he is a QB, and beginning to become a very good one.

862985[/snapback]

What the hell will it take to convince you people?

Over the last six games the Bills are 4-2, and JP Losman has completed 63.7% of his passes for 1035 yards, 8 TDs and 4 INTs. Over that span his QB rating is 91.2.

Over the last six games the Pats are 3-3, and Brady has completed 62.8% of his passes for 1348 yards, 6 TDs and 8 INTs. Over that span his QB rating is 75.3.

If you even want to delve into the insane notion that JP doesn't hold onto the ball that well, over that same six game span Brady was sacked 11 times and coughed it up six times, compared to JP geting sacked 17 times and only coughing it up four times.

The QB that you "realists" contend is the best QB in the game has just been out-played by JP Losman over the last six games, and in that same span the TEAM as a whole has a better record.

We may be "delirious" about JP Losman, but you are clearly delusional if you don't see that this kid has been playing extremely good football since the bye week. And by extremely good I mean he's outplayed a guy who will be a first-ballot HOFer.

863009[/snapback]

To each his own, but we're scoring touchdowns and winning games. Games like yesterday's are plenty exciting for me to watch, and I don't think I'd enjoy them more if JP threw the ball 10 more times.

863009[/snapback]

30th in Passing, and still winning games

maybe you should trade JP from your fantasy team, it might make watching Bills games a little better because you won't be so disapointed that he isn't throwing for 500 yards a game.

Only one stat counts, and that one goes under the column with a big W at the top

JP can throw 2 passes for 5 yards for all I care, as long as it puts another W in the win column, I won't be depressed cause they didn't light up my fantasy pool.

30th in Passing, and still winning games

maybe you should trade JP from your fantasy team, it might make watching Bills games a little better because you won't be so disapointed that he isn't throwing for 500 yards a game.

Only one stat counts, and that one goes under the column with a big W at the top

JP can throw 2 passes for 5 yards for all I care, as long as it puts another W in the win column, I won't be depressed cause they didn't light up my fantasy pool.

863028[/snapback]

Sorry no fantasy teams and don't care. You're missing the point. I am happy we are winning and playing much better. However I still think we have JP on way too short a leash. Example 3rd and 6 from the 24 up 28-13 and we run the ball. We play scared that he will get sacked or throw an int.

Amazs me how excited we are with 340 yards offence (barely avg). I can't believe you guys are so scared to put up 400 yards offense.

30th in Passing stinks and though I have defended JP and support him, those #'s are a reflection on Fairchild and the offensive game plan.....