Please 250 yards passing....

AnthonyF

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since 'opening up' the offence against Houston 3 weeks ago....

JP has averaged......231yds/game....6.7yds/att....85.1QBR....1.7sacks....& has had 2 victories, both come from behind.

Our Offence has averaged 21.7points/game....291yards/game

If anything, it is our running game that is letting us down.....averaging 68yards at 3yards/att.

What games have you been watching?  This post was much more appropriate about a month ago. :nana:

860897[/snapback]

After the Houston game we have thrown for 169 7 184 the next 2 games.... Not enough imo... you are right the running game is doing nothing.... Let's not talk about the offensive (double entendre) performances vs. GB & Indy.

Maybe he can pass big against the prevent D like Leinart!

I would like to see JP pass for more yards, the run game gain more yards, the run d give up fewer yards, and the pass D give up fewer yards. Mostly I would like to see our 7th win of the season against the Jets on Sunday and the team continue to progress.

I think he showed with his first quarter in Texas that his passing numbers can be anything that the gameplan and protection allows, and I would love to see more from him, but smart decision making is the #1 thing, even if that is a few fewer yards.

After the Houston game we have thrown for 169 7 184 the next 2 games....  Not enough imo...  you are right the running game is doing nothing....  Let's not talk about the offensive (double entendre) performances vs. GB & Indy.

860919[/snapback]

Clearly you've just occupied yourself with reading the stat lines on Monday morning -- and not actually watching the games.

Last week against the Chargers, JP HAD to throw the ball because Willis wasn't getting it done on the ground. The weather was pretty bad -- and JP passed for more yards than Rivers. I'm sure if you account for the pass to Cieslak that was ruled a "sack" -- and the non-push-out on Peerless, you'll come up with a number in the 250-yard range you seem to be craving...

Maybe he can pass big against the prevent D like Leinart!

I would like to see JP pass for more yards, the run game gain more yards, the run d give up fewer yards, and the pass D give up fewer yards.  Mostly I would like to see our 7th win of the season against the Jets on Sunday and the team continue to progress.

I think he showed with his first quarter in Texas that his passing numbers can be anything that the gameplan and protection allows, and I would love to see more from him, but smart decision making is the #1 thing, even if that is a few fewer yards.

860926[/snapback]

I think you mean 6th win of the season

After the Houston game we have thrown for 169 7 184 the next 2 games....  Not enough imo...  you are right the running game is doing nothing....  Let's not talk about the offensive (double entendre) performances vs. GB & Indy.

860919[/snapback]

Are you doing holcombs arm math? You B word that we dont pass enough, and you support this by throwing out data points that actually FIT the criteria you are bitching about.

My God some people are dense. :nana:

.....and JP passed for more yards than Rivers. I'm sure if you account for the pass to Cieslak that was ruled a "sack" -- and the non-push-out on Peerless, you'll come up with a number in the 250-yard range you seem to be craving...

860927[/snapback]

Speaking of Rivers.....maybe JP should be more like him.

222, 133, 160 in his last 3....golly, the Chargers fans must be saying "We need Rivers to step it up.....he is only averaging 172ypg over the last 3....147 over the last 2....that's just not good enough."

Speaking of decent QBs over the last three weeks...

McNair 236, 140, 227

Hasslebeck 157, 168

Big Ben 214, 198, 225

What was the initial point to the thread again?

It's not me is it....this argument is silly isn't it? :nana:

Speaking of Rivers.....maybe JP should be more like him.

222, 133, 160 in his last 3....golly, the Chargers fans must be saying "We need Rivers to step it up.....he is only averaging 172ypg over the last 3....147 over the last 2....that's just not good enough."

Speaking of decent QBs over the last three weeks...

McNair 236, 140, 227

Hasslebeck 157, 168

Big Ben 214, 198, 225

What was the initial point to the thread again?

It's not me is it....this argument is silly isn't it? :nana:

860956[/snapback]

Again pick 3 random QB's..... I choose Brees, Romo & Peyton Manning... They had some good #'s the past 3 weeks. Heck let's throw in Carson Palmer, even Vince Young...

Point is JP has thrown for over 200 yards vs Det & Minn (202 & 222), over 300 vs. Hou & NYJ and thew for under 120 yards 4 X Mia, Chic, GB & Indy and 4 X's between 160-200... Those are terrible #'s or show a lack of offensive imagination. Add to that the running game has been sub par and my comments I think are bang on....

Sorry I think fondly of the Kelly K-gun days or even Doug Flutie.... The offense has been putrid this year and while JP has certainly improved the play calling has been terrible imo.

I'm so tired of happily accepting 170 yards as a good game (last 2 weeks).  Even yesterday both Rothlesberger & Anderson (a rookie) had 200+ in terrible cold weather.

I want JP to succeed, because I do not want to start over, but this offense really is driving me crazy.....

860615[/snapback]

This also happens when you dont convert 3rd downs, and dont stay on the field, AL no running game. Its hard to put up stats with short drives on a regular basis.

Again pick 3 random QB's.....  I choose Brees, Romo & Peyton Manning...  They had some good #'s the past 3 weeks.  Heck let's throw in Carson Palmer, even Vince Young... 

Point is JP has thrown for over 200 yards vs Det & Minn (202 & 222), over 300 vs. Hou & NYJ and thew for under 120 yards 4 X Mia, Chic, GB & Indy and 4 X's between 160-200...  Those are terrible #'s or show a lack of offensive imagination.  Add to that the running game has been sub par and my comments I think are bang on....   

Sorry I think fondly of the Kelly K-gun days or even Doug Flutie....  The offense has been putrid this year and while JP has certainly improved the play calling has been terrible imo.

861069[/snapback]

Stats are for losers. But if you were hell bent on going down that road and pick a stat that has the most correlation to a team winning or losing it'd be turnovers, not passing yards. :nana:

Again pick 3 random QB's.....  I choose Brees, Romo & Peyton Manning...  They had some good #'s the past 3 weeks.  Heck let's throw in Carson Palmer, even Vince Young... 

Point is JP has thrown for over 200 yards vs Det & Minn (202 & 222), over 300 vs. Hou & NYJ and thew for under 120 yards 4 X Mia, Chic, GB & Indy and 4 X's between 160-200...  Those are terrible #'s or show a lack of offensive imagination.  Add to that the running game has been sub par and my comments I think are bang on....   

Sorry I think fondly of the Kelly K-gun days or even Doug Flutie....  The offense has been putrid this year and while JP has certainly improved the play calling has been terrible imo.

861069[/snapback]

Settle petal......your initial post(& subsequent posts) lumps a whole lot of worry on JP & how he is performing. 3 weeks ago the coaching staff decided to finally allow JP some leeway in what he could do & give him more opportunity to win/lose games. Since then he has....well....look back to my first response. Even if you want to discount his first efforts against HOU, his next two games showed many things to feel positive about.

Do you realize that averaging 250 yards a game gets you 4000 yards in a season?

Last year only 2 QBs achieved this.

Averaging 200 yards a game gets you 3200 yards in a season.

Last year only 12 QBs(including the two 4000ers) achieved this.

What you are expecting is not only unreasonable......but is being achieved since we cut JP lose 3 weeks ago.....& he is young....& the offence has no run game.....& we have no blah, blah, blah.

Now is the time where you are supposed to be a reasonable person.....look at every ones responses to your initial post.....and realize you were over-reacting.

I'm so tired of happily accepting 170 yards as a good game (last 2 weeks).  Even yesterday both Rothlesberger & Anderson (a rookie) had 200+ in terrible cold weather.

I want JP to succeed, because I do not want to start over, but this offense really is driving me crazy.....

860615[/snapback]

Who the hell cares about the total passing yards in a game? As if this tells you how well a QB is, or isn't, playing? If you really want to look at stats at least pick one that has a little more meaning, like yards per attempt. JP is averaging 6.7 yards per attempt, which is middle of the road for NFL starters (ranked 15th in the league). He is ahead of such young signal callers as Grossman, Leinart, Manning, A. Smith. V. Young and Gradkowski. In fact the only young QBs who are better than Losman in this stat are Romo (who actually leads the entire league), Rothlesburger (who leads the league in INTs) and Rivers.

All in all Losman's numbers look pretty good, but not great.

Yes JP has been fine, however I want to be excited seeing the offense play and that means passing yards. The fact we have had 8 of 12 games under 200 is sad.

That is what I am saying. I'll commit heresy by saying at this point in the season a 9-6 win will not excite me. May be impressed with the D, but I want offense.....