NFL salary cap to rise $7 million

millbank

NFL to raise from 102 million to 116 million by 2008

The NFL's salary cap is expected to go up by about US$7 million per team in each of the next two seasons, reaching about $116 million for 2008.

The figures, which right now are approximations, were announced by members of the league's management council Wednesday at a meeting with team financial officers.

Which means we are going to have even MORE space ... buy hey, we cant sign Clements.

860039[/snapback]

While I think the team SHOULD sign Clements, I don't think they will. Even if the Bills want to I don't see Nate wanting to play in Buffalo. I think he has a sour taste left in his mouth after the whole "franchise tag" fiasco and the promise to not use such tag again. (his way out of here)

The Bills will be drafting secondary each and every year, it's an awful trend that seldomly changes around here.

While I think the team SHOULD sign Clements, I don't think they will.  Even if the Bills want to I don't see Nate wanting to play in Buffalo.  I think he has a sour taste left in his mouth after the whole "franchise tag" fiasco and the promise to not use such tag again. (his way out of here)

The Bills will be drafting secondary each and every year, it's an awful trend that seldomly changes around here.

860106[/snapback]

They also bring them in as free agents one after the other.

The Bills will continue to be a losing team as long as they continue to draft like a losing team.

07 would seem like the perfect time to strengthen the OL, DL and LBs. Will it happen? It might, but my money says that Levy goes with a corner in the 1st, and doesn't stop there in terms of drafting secondary.

Let's just hope that we are dead wrong.

They also bring them in as free agents one after the other.

The Bills will continue to be a losing team as long as they continue to draft like a losing team.

07 would seem like the perfect time to strengthen the OL, DL and LBs. Will it happen? It might, but my money says that Levy goes with a corner in the 1st, and doesn't stop there in terms of drafting secondary.

Let's just hope that we are dead wrong.

860201[/snapback]

I'm smelling an OLB pick here.