I haven't seen anyone comment on this yet

Reed83HOF

Has anyone noticed how much better the offense plays in the no-huddle?

The WR's seem to get open, Losman makes great decisions..JP seems much more efficient and a GREAT player when he doen't take his time in the huddle...he goes out, calls the play and relies on his abilities..the offense moves the ball so well

I honeslty think that the Jets game, if it wasn't poring out at the end of the game, Losman would have pulled that game out...

Another thought is that Cielsak should be starting at TE; I hate Royal He can't catch; Everett was a total waste..A TE in this offense needs to be able to catch the ball

The WR's seem to get open, Losman makes great decisions..JP seems much more efficient and a GREAT player when he doen't take his time in the huddle...he goes out, calls the play and relies on his abilities..the offense moves the ball so well

I honeslty think that the Jets game, if it wasn't poring out at the end of the game, Losman would have pulled that game out...

Another thought is that Cielsak should be starting at TE; I hate Royal He can't catch; Everett was a total waste..A TE in this offense needs to be able to catch the ball

856526[/snapback]

S.D. looked better in the first half when they used it also.....sadly it will never win a superbowl........ :D

I'm all for it if it puts Shelton on the bench once-and-for-all.

856538[/snapback]

LOL...I was watching them drive the last three weeks at the end of the game...on the way home yeasterday and Listening to the radio on 96.9 it was a conversation they had as well...if JP doesn't have time to think too much and just plays...he's great..we were talking about it in the stands too...

Do you understand how the K-Gun worked? The K stood for Keith, as in McKeller. A dominant TE was a vital part of that offense, and we don't have it. Second, it required a gifted quarterback in Jim Kelly, who was able to call his own plays. JP has yet to prove he can handle that consistently - few QBs ever have. Third, it relied on having a big-time all-purpose back in Thurman Thomas. Willis can run, but he's questionable out of the backfield and is not a great blocker. Finally, it required the best offensive line in the business, and one in great shape as well. We're not there yet.

SHowing a few minutes of the no huddle every game is a decent idea. The K-Gun is not.

856526[/snapback]

The B'gals have been using a no-huddle a fair amount this season. Its good point is that it cuts down on defensive substitution. The bad point is that it limits play selection.

My guess is that they use it for 15 or so snaps per game. And I don't get the feeling that Palmer is changing the plays to any great degree.

Do you understand how the K-Gun worked?  The K stood for Keith, as in McKeller.  A dominant TE was a vital part of that offense, and we don't have it.  Second, it required a gifted quarterback in Jim Kelly, who was able to call his own plays.  JP has yet to prove he can handle that consistently - few QBs ever have.  Third, it relied on having a big-time all-purpose back in Thurman Thomas.  Willis can run, but he's questionable out of the backfield and is not a great blocker.  Finally, it required the best offensive line in the business, and one in great shape as well.  We're not there yet.

SHowing a few minutes of the no huddle every game is a decent idea.  The K-Gun is not.

856554[/snapback]

Add to that also, with the fast tempo of the offense, it is vital that our own defense be able to stop the opponent -- and get back off the field. With our defense's inability to stop the run, they'd be completely exhausted by half time.

Do you understand how the K-Gun worked?  The K stood for Keith, as in McKeller.  A dominant TE was a vital part of that offense, and we don't have it.  Second, it required a gifted quarterback in Jim Kelly, who was able to call his own plays.  JP has yet to prove he can handle that consistently - few QBs ever have.  Third, it relied on having a big-time all-purpose back in Thurman Thomas.  Willis can run, but he's questionable out of the backfield and is not a great blocker.  Finally, it required the best offensive line in the business, and one in great shape as well.  We're not there yet.

SHowing a few minutes of the no huddle every game is a decent idea.  The K-Gun is not.

856554[/snapback]

Yes I know what the K stands for and how the offense worked...I don't need the history lesson..it was alo required 2 good WRs...and I do not disgaree with the TE comparision; ours suck...I also know that quick 3 and outs get your D on the feild more often and bad things can happen against a tired defense....

Looking at how well we've played with the last few weeks in the 2 minute offense; it is something that I would like to see us use more of...The team plays better with it....and moves the ball...I do agree with your last comment...they should show it a few times during the games and see what happens...if it isn't working scrap it, if it does go with it until they stop it...obviously you wouldn't just suddenly change the whole offensive philosophy and go with the K gun...

My post was meant more for this conversation; the Kgun comparision was a simple relflection of our past use of the no-huddle...besides we don't have Rusty Jones anymore

:D

Its not the no-huddle, its the multiple WR sets. Price, Reed and Parrish may not be able to consistently beat a #2 CB, they can beat most teams' #3 or #4. That's why Reed gets so many passes in his direction. Its just a matchup problem and one that the Bills need to take advantage of more often.

Yes I know what the K stands for and how the offense worked...I don't need the history lesson..it was alo required 2 good WRs...and I do not disgaree with the TE comparision; ours suck...I also know that quick 3 and outs get your D on the feild more often and bad things can happen against a tired defense....

Looking at how well we've played with the last few weeks in the 2 minute offense; it is something that I would like to see us use more of...The team plays better with it....and moves the ball...I do agree with your last comment...they should show it a few times during the games and see what happens...if it isn't working scrap it, if it does go with it until they stop it...obviously you wouldn't just suddenly change the whole offensive philosophy and go with the K gun...

My post was meant more for this conversation; the Kgun comparision was a simple relflection of our past use of the no-huddle...besides we don't have Rusty Jones anymore

:D

856582[/snapback]

Cieslak could be the TE. I was impressed with him a few weeks ago. Call it the C-Gun

856526[/snapback]

I was thinking that when i listened to the game yesterday but it does take a lot of practice to even be able to do that for a series much less a whole game. I wish they would do it more but not until there good at it. next year would be a good time to start it

856554[/snapback]

Agreed on all points except one small detail in the naming. McKeller's nickname was Killer (as in Killer McKeller). It is the K in Keler from which the K-Gun is derived.

Its not the no-huddle,  its the multiple WR sets.  Price,  Reed and Parrish may not be able to consistently beat a #2 CB,  they can beat most teams' #3 or #4. That's why Reed gets so many passes in his direction.  Its just a matchup problem and one that the Bills need to take advantage of more often.

856599[/snapback]

Exactly my sentiments all year long. Hello we are not a power football team as we can't play smash mouth or develop a consistent passing game with base personell as the RB's and TE's are not involved in the passing game. Since we have smaller WR who would probably thrive in the slot and have proven that we move the ball more consistently when we do spread things out, I don't know why this has become our base offense and identity. To the bare minimum we should run a singleback offense with 2 WR and 2 TEs as Cieslak has shown he can catch the rock and Royal has hads his flashes. Whenever Shelton is in the game, no knock on him, the offense is just not effective as they become predictable and one dimensional.

Great idea. What we need are lots of fast three-and-outs so we can double the time our defense is on the field.

856751[/snapback]

Slow three and outs aren't much better. It might be time to let the offense try to score in any way possible. An increase in first downs should probably be the issue.

856554[/snapback]

True, it was supposedly named after McKeller, but I really don't remember Mr. McKeller being a "dominant TE." In fact, I don't remember McKeller doing much of anything during the Super Bowl years....

Great idea. What we need are lots of fast three-and-outs so we can double the time our defense is on the field.

Maybe if someone runs for 500 yards on us, the Ref's head will explode and the game will be canceled.

Brilliant! :blush:

856751[/snapback]

i don't think i've ever disagreed with the dingo...but here goes:

you can't use it all day long, but you have to have it in your arsenal...for example, we could have used a couple of quick hits when we got the ball back on our 2 yard line with 2:45 to go.

as it was, it took us all of 1:40 to go 3 and out and we were one schitty punt away from the chargers next score.

i think a quick dose of no-huddle could have gotten us out of trouble in that instance...at least given us enough breathing room so that last TD could have been avoided. i was astonished when they just sent willis up the middle 3 times. it was a classic case of playing not to lose...and you could argue it cost us the game.