Rivers comment

MavBavButav

"If we don't give them the ball, it's probably a shutout, 31-0 or something like that," Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers said referring to a fumble on the first series of the second half and a big Bills punt return on the second.

Is it just me, or is this possibly the stupidest comment ever.

If we didn't give them the ball? I can see the first fumble. He pretty much just fumbled that on his own. That was a fluke. But the punt return? How do you classify that as "giving us the ball"? And then the final TD by Peerless? How do you account for that TD? I guess you should just forget about it since it was late in the game???? Something about Rivers just rubs me the wrong way. I really don't like the guy. And its not because he just beat us (something that usually happens after a loss). I've disliked him the entire season. I hope he fails in every game he plays from now on. I really do. Plus, where did they magically get 7 more points? 31-0? Give me a break. Rivers isn't that good.

I haven't seen enough of him to know if he is or isn't good, but I can't stand that fugger either. Seems like whenever I've heard one of his interviews or seen clips of him on the sidelines, he's got something arrogant and/or condescending to say. I'd love to see him get knocked off his little pedestal before the season is out.

"If we don't give them the ball, it's probably a shutout, 31-0 or something like that," Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers said referring to a fumble on the first series of the second half and a big Bills punt return on the second.

If we didn't give them the ball?  I can see the first fumble.  He pretty much just fumbled that on his own.  That was a fluke.  But the punt return?  How do you classify that as "giving us the ball"?  And then the final TD by Peerless?  How do you account for that TD?  I guess you should just forget about it since it was late in the game????  Something about Rivers just rubs me the wrong way.  I really don't like the guy.  And its not because he just beat us (something that usually happens after a loss).  I've disliked him the entire season.  I hope he fails in every game he plays from now on.  I really do.  Plus, where did they magically get 7 more points?  31-0?  Give me a break.  Rivers isn't that good.

856305[/snapback]

See he's calling out Mario Haggan now, well, at least by implication. I'[d be P%$^*D off for that if I was Mario (aside from the loss...).

I think that is frustration talking.

Whether it was the cold, the bills defense, or whatever, rivers was clearly

rattled in yesterday's game.

I find him to be a pretty good kid who is young and somewhat immature.

I'm not really gonna root against him. We all say dumb things in the heat of the moment.

856314[/snapback]

Screw that trash-talking dirt bag.

Ingrate! Sore winner, scum-sucking piece of schite!!!

:beer: Forgive me. I said the above in a passionate heated moment. :D

:nana: Forgive me. I said the above in a passionate heated moment.  :D

856317[/snapback]

My daughter just called me from the radio station she works at in Ithaca and wanted to know if I could be interviewed on her radio show about the Bills game. I told her she didn't want to hear what I had to say because it would probably contain more than one expletive. :beer:

My daughter just called me from the radio station she works at in Ithaca and wanted to know if I could be interviewed on her radio show about the Bills game. I told her she didn't want to hear what I had to say because it would probably contain more than one expletive.  :D

856321[/snapback]

Au contraire! That's exactly WHY you should have gone on the air. :beer::nana:

856305[/snapback]

Rivers isn't man enough to give the Bills defense, offense or special teams any credit what-so-ever. That's ok though, I'm sure the Bills will remember the insulting comments the next time these two teams meet.

Simultaneous recovered fumble :beer:  :nana:  :lol:  :D

856483[/snapback]

Most egregiously twisted interpretation of a rule since the Brady tuck. In the vein of making up something to justify your second payout for the game( the one the league does not know about ). In fairness, I believe Huculi(sp) is just an incompetent fool.

If we didn't give them the ball?  I can see the first fumble.  He pretty much just fumbled that on his own.  That was a fluke.  But the punt return?  How do you classify that as "giving us the ball"?  And then the final TD by Peerless?  How do you account for that TD?  I guess you should just forget about it since it was late in the game????  Something about Rivers just rubs me the wrong way.  I really don't like the guy.  And its not because he just beat us (something that usually happens after a loss).  I've disliked him the entire season.  I hope he fails in every game he plays from now on.  I really do.  Plus, where did they magically get 7 more points?  31-0?  Give me a break.  Rivers isn't that good.

856305[/snapback]

Its called momentum and the fumble recovery gave the Bills momentum and it probably shattered a little of Rivers confidence.

But to counter Rivers comments, "If your Aunt had nuts, she'd be your Uncle"

Actual quote in full:

"If we don't give them the ball,  it's probably a shutout, 31-0 or something like that...We had everything going our way---the ref's were rooting for LT to get more touches, they gave me a few extra seconds just cause I asked, they spotted us that extra timeout at the end of the half, and generally came up with some pretty creative ways to *&^% the Bills over. ," Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers said referring to a fumble on the first series of the second half and a big Bills punt return on the second.

856305[/snapback]

i don't know enough of theg uy to like him or not, but this is a pretty stupid comment considering the bills were driving for the go-ahead score in the 4th.