Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse shut down...

Just Jack

WTF is wrong with you people in Syracuse? You're closing good BBQ joints?

Well I guess you can go to the Turtle? and get an awesome sandwhich.

Or is that place next on the listeria sheet?

Strip clubs, I said strip clubs don't get shut down like this. WTF was going on?

And who got fired? :D

Probably caused by a waitress or bartender who was ill but "had to" go to work.

If you're sick - stay home. Nobody wants your cooties.

854081[/snapback]

Perhaps the best advice ever offered on this board.

Nice job. Nanker. It is the truth.

Probably caused by a waitress or bartender who was ill but "had to" go to work.

If you're sick - stay home. Nobody wants your cooties.

854081[/snapback]

Nice advice... Yet, "had to" can mean many things... Like:

Had to make money to live.

Believe it or not when some people stay home, they don't get paid.

I feel blessed... Working with the same employer for over 15 years I have accumulated well over 1,000 hours of sick leave... And still have around 1k still on the books.

Not everybody gets sick leave... I hazard a guess that a waitress or bartender when sick, just doesn't get paid for that day... :D:lol:

Will the private economy every see the importance of your advice?

I feel blessed... Working with the same employer for over 15 years I have accumulated well over 1,000 hours of sick leave... And still have around 1k still on the books.

Not everybody gets sick leave... I hazard a guess that a waitress or bartender when sick, just doesn't get paid for that day... :D  :lol:

Will the private economy every see the importance of your advice?

854153[/snapback]

Depends on the company. Most now do not let you roll sick days over to the next year, unlike your company. Some people don't like to use their sick days, and would rather keep them, because some companies will pay you for any unused days at the end of the year, so it's like getting another weeks pay without working. Or maybe said employee had already used all their time off.

Depends on the company. Most now do not let you roll sick days over to the next year, unlike your company. Some people don't like to use their sick days, and would rather keep them, because some companies will pay you for any unused days at the end of the year, so it's like getting another weeks pay without working. Or maybe said employee had already used all their time off.

854161[/snapback]

If what you say is the case, the Nanker's advice is the best...

But... The point is these low-end, service type jobs don't offer the benny's both you and I describe.

You work, you get paid... You don't work, you don't get paid...

Heck, if the person is working multiple part-time jobs... Even health benny's are not even covered...

:thumbdown::thumbsup:

If what you say is the case, the Nanker's advice is the best...

But... The point is these low-end, service type jobs don't offer the benny's both you and I describe.

You work, you get paid... You don't work, you don't get paid...

Heck, if the person is working multiple part-time jobs... Even health benny's are not even covered...

:thumbdown:  :thumbsup:

854232[/snapback]

Everybody should work for the government, then...

Everybody should work for the government, then...

854241[/snapback]

Maybe.

Or... Everybody should work like the government... :thumbdown::thumbsup::P

No serious... Probably a lot of jokes in the above sentence... They have seemed to got the sick leave squared away... Here is my lojik:

Under CSRS (old system, don't put into SS)... Sick leave was accumulated and carried over from year to year @ 4 hours a pay period (two weeks)... When you retired... Whatever you had on the books could be used for service credit towards retirement... This would cause people to come in and hoard leave, even if sick.

Now under FERS... You accumulate the same but get NO benefit towards retirement, you LOSE ALL sick leave on the books when you retire...

Let I remind you, where I work, if you are off for more than 3 days in a row... You need a RX note... Obusive leave is not tolerated.

Now... How is that better than paying an employee at the end of the year? Sure it is on the books and gets accounted for in the budget... But, it more or less is an isurance policy against catastrophic illness later in your career...

:nana: