Most Important Game Of the Year

I am sure that every person here has a different idea of why the Bills game will not be televised for a 2nd week in a row but I am having a hard time stomaching it. Even though I will be at the game, I just find it depressing that there are 9,000 tickets left with 48 hours to go.

Have a lot of people placed their $$ towards Sabres games? Has the interest in this team really gone down the tubes after 6 years of misery?? The Bills are starting to take on an identity (FINALLY) and look like they are taking on a team atmosphere. It is just too bad that NOW people are missing out on the turning point.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that every person here has a different idea of why the Bills game will not be televised for a 2nd week in a row but I am having a hard time stomaching it. Even though I will be at the game, I just find it depressing that there are 9,000 tickets left with 48 hours to go.

Have a lot of people placed their $$ towards Sabres games? Has the interest in this team really gone down the tubes after 6 years of misery?? The Bills are starting to take on an identity (FINALLY) and look like they are taking on a team atmosphere.  It is just too bad that NOW people are missing out on the turning point.

850968[/snapback]

Life doesn't happen in a vacuum. Have you looked at the WNY economy lately? Then put the support the Bills get in context. The number of people that *will* be there even without a sellout is more than what some other franchises have in a full house (counting no shows). This is a small, regional market to boot...

Now you tell me what's fair...? Personally, I don't think Bills fans need to be embarrassed about anything. Folks eat, sleep and bleed Bills up there - what else does the NFL want? Just their $$ apparently...Nothing else matters...

This is going to be a great game. It also could be a spring board for the rest of the season and next year (of course, I said the same thing about the Bears).

I really hope that we can continue the winning streak. Beating the Chargers would give the team a huge amount of confidence.

Life doesn't happen in a vacuum.  Have you looked at the WNY economy lately?  Then put the support the Bills get in context.  The number of people that *will* be there even without a sellout is more than what some other franchises have in a full house (counting no shows).  This is a small, regional market to boot...

Now you tell me what's fair...?  Personally, I don't think Bills fans need to be embarrassed about anything.  Folks eat, sleep and bleed Bills up there - what else does the NFL want?  Just their $$ apparently...Nothing else matters...

850976[/snapback]

It just seems odd that they were able to sell out during the worst of times and now people are choosing to be a no show. Hey, if people can't afford to go, there is nothing wrong with that but when you can get two tickets for $60 on Ebay, something is up.

It just seems odd that they were able to sell out during the worst of times and now people are choosing to be a no show. Hey, if people can't afford to go, there is nothing wrong with that but when you can get two tickets for $60 on Ebay, something is up.

850988[/snapback]

Don't knock the $60 ebay tix...I got mine today for sunday's game...Last week I spent full price from the Bills...at $128...Today there were 2 tix in section 203 row 8...they were 29.99 for both and I said what the hell why not...

I was the only bidder until 45 seconds left and the !@#$er bidding against me drove it to $56...the Dickhead.... :censored:

I was dissappointed with the turnout for the Jags game...at 1030 the lots were empty...after the win sunday I am very surpirsed that this game isn't selling out...the Phins tix seem to be going there are no lower levels left..Obviously the Titans game is a no go on Christmas eve, unless the Bills are 9-6 at that point

Last year they sold old every game and they sucked and had nothing going for them...we finally seem to be getting things turned around and now they can't sell out...this does not help the Bills case when Ralph finally leaves us.... :thumbsup:

Last year they sold old every game and they sucked and had nothing going for them...we finally seem to be getting things turned around and now they can't sell out...this does not help the Bills case when Ralph finally leaves us.... :censored:

851007[/snapback]

I would argue that for many fans, they've simply reached their breaking point. You buy and buy and hope and hope. Eventually, you just say, "screw it". So, until the team wins consistently (and I think that's the key) I'd guess you'll see this reaction.

And I have to things to say about that attitude:

(1) Who can blame people for having that attitude with this team? I certainly can't and won't.

(2) Maybe that's what the team ownership needs to see to start spending money again on free agents and trying to put a winning team on the field.

Life doesn't happen in a vacuum.  Have you looked at the WNY economy lately?  Then put the support the Bills get in context.  The number of people that *will* be there even without a sellout is more than what some other franchises have in a full house (counting no shows).  This is a small, regional market to boot...

Now you tell me what's fair...?  Personally, I don't think Bills fans need to be embarrassed about anything.  Folks eat, sleep and bleed Bills up there - what else does the NFL want?  Just their $$ apparently...Nothing else matters...

850976[/snapback]

I'm sick of hearing how the economy of WNY is keeping Bills fans away...christ, Rockpile seats are $27 each...and people are pretty much GIVING them away on eBay.

Its easy to toot horns and say how great Bills fans are when things are going well...look how :censored: Green Bay is, they're a small market, but they have no problem selling out.

Its time to put your money where your mouth is...I'm not rich by any means, but I'm personally responsible for 5 of the seats in the stadium being filled this weekend. Make it happen or STFU.

I would argue that for many fans, they've simply reached their breaking point.  You buy and buy and hope and hope. Eventually, you just say, "screw it".  So, until the team wins consistently (and I think that's the key) I'd guess you'll see this reaction. 

And I have to things to say about that attitude:

(1) Who can blame people for having that attitude with this team?  I certainly can't and won't.

(2) Maybe that's what the team ownership needs to see to start spending money again on free agents and trying to put a winning team on the field.

851018[/snapback]

Plus, there are folks who have just had it with the noise, fighting, obscenities, etc. that take place at NFL games.

Plus, there are folks who have just had it with the noise, fighting, obscenities, etc. that take place at NFL games. in the upper decks at NFL games.

851023[/snapback]

Fixed your post :censored:

Sorry, but I think this is an important point. Those tickets that are unsold are the upper deck tickets. I really believe that people simply do not want to deal with the drunks and the fighting that goes on up there.

I also think that the other issue is that those seats exist in the first place. One of the smallest markets in the league has one of the largest stadiums in the league. That just ain't fair.

We will not sell out, but yet we will still outdraw at least a handfull of other stadiums around the league.

Fixed your post :censored:

Sorry, but I think this is an important point.  Those tickets that are unsold are the upper deck tickets.  I really believe that people simply do not want to deal with the drunks and the fighting that goes on up there.

I also think that the other issue is that those seats exist in the first place.  One of the smallest markets in the league has one of the largest stadiums in the league.  That just ain't fair.

We will not sell out, but yet we will still outdraw at least a handfull of other stadiums around the league.

851032[/snapback]

:thumbsup:

Here in Cincy for the Thursday night contest vs. the Ravens, they have reduced the at-a-time beer purchase from two to one.

True about the large RWS capacity...

I'm imprssed with the fact that we sold out 27 of 28 games, especially with the team that was on the field last season...I remember when Rich Stadium was one of the most hostile places for a team to go play in; even more so that Arrowhead..with as cruddy as KC has been at times...that place is still known as a tough environment for a team to win on the road..what the hell happened to us...its kinda sad...I understand during the 3-13 yr; things are looking up though...fair weather fans....

I can agree that too many people are bombed even before the stadium opens...and there are more than enough fights....I've seen them right next to me...but we are not the only stadium that has that

:thumbsup:

Here in Cincy for the Thursday night  contest vs. the Ravens, they have reduced the at-a-time beer purchase from two to one.

851038[/snapback]

Bummed out that I have class Thursday night, I was going to try to get that game in...haven't been to a game at PBS since the Bills romped them in '04. One of my buddies that will be going up to RWS with me on Sunday will have gone to 3 games in 8 days by then:

Bengals at Browns - last sunday

Ravens at Bengals - this thursday

Chargers at Bills - this sunday

Now that is a cool week! :censored:

850968[/snapback]

The Bills are on Thursday?????

:censored:

Here in Cincy for the Thursday night  contest vs. the Ravens, they have reduced the at-a-time beer purchase from two to one.

851038[/snapback]

BTW, as far as I can tell, the Bengals game on Thursday night is a "blackout" to those without the NFL network, as it does not appear that is is going to be shown by the local CBS affiliate.

How sh------- would that be?

What completely boggles my mind is that Buffalo was the first city to have a blackout ALL YEAR!!! How is that possible with fans like Miami and Tampa? :censored:

851037[/snapback]

Well to help unboggle your mind.

Attendance for Buffalo's blacked-out game Sunday against Jacksonville was 63,608. That was a larger crowd than Miami at Detroit and Tampa Bay at Dallas on Thanksgiving Day, Arizona at Minnesota Sunday afternoon and Philadelphia at Indianapolis Sunday night. It seems particularly unfair to have games blacked out in Buffalo but not in Dallas, a major market with a smaller stadium.

Well to help unboggle your mind.

Attendance for Buffalo's blacked-out game Sunday against Jacksonville was 63,608. That was a larger crowd than Miami at Detroit and Tampa Bay at Dallas on Thanksgiving Day, Arizona at Minnesota Sunday afternoon and Philadelphia at Indianapolis Sunday night. It seems particularly unfair to have games blacked out in Buffalo but not in Dallas, a major market with a smaller stadium.

851051[/snapback]

While I agree with the capacity argument, would it be justified to knock out ~10,000 seats at the Ralph and install luxury boxes for a win-win scenario?

I'm sick of hearing how the economy of WNY is keeping Bills fans away...christ, Rockpile seats are $27 each...and people are pretty much GIVING them away on eBay.

Its easy to toot horns and say how great Bills fans are when things are going well...look how :censored: Green Bay is, they're a small market, but they have no problem selling out.

Its time to put your money where your mouth is...I'm not rich by any means, but I'm personally responsible for 5 of the seats in the stadium being filled this weekend.  Make it happen or STFU.

851022[/snapback]

The problem with buying tickets off of Ebay is that those tickets have already been accounted for. Purchasing them won't help lift the blackout.