Sabres defeat Rangers ... again

daquixers_is_back

Didnt let this one get away.

3-2 Buffalo, a minute or so into OT.

848967[/snapback]

I just got back from the game. Small but vocal Buffalo contingent. Lots of jerseys spied on the way out. It was awesome. We started a few "Let's Go Buffalo" chants that got picked up by the bigger section of Sabres fans in the 300s behind the Buffalo net (any of you guys in there?). Yelled "MILLLLEERRRRRRRRRRRR" a lot. Cheered our asses off for three great goals.

The Rangers played really well tonight, too. Killed off a 5-3 and then another 2 minutes of penalty when it seemed the momentum might totally swing our way. But DRUUUUURY saves the day.

Some classy Rangers fans and then a few who were jerks of course. The best they could come up with: "Buffalo Homos," "Buffalo Sucks," and "Scott Norwood." Pretty lame. We answered back with the only thing that mattered: "first place!"

Good times. I'll be in DC next weekend watching the Sabres take it to Ovechkin and the Caps!

Go Sabres! Go Bills!

Seven out of the last nine matchups have gone to the Sabres

849330[/snapback]

HAHA!

What a great day to be a Buffalo sports fan...

I had missed the Bills because I was at a baptism, but I had someone tape the game for me. Got the tape, went home, watched the Bills game, and 15 minutes after that, the puck dropped.

Ah, heaven.

Didnt let this one get away.

3-2 Buffalo, a minute or so into OT.

848967[/snapback]

Lundquist is playing well for them. Did you see Shanahan's wristerer that went off of cross bar? That guy can shoot! Old fart is leading league in goals I think. Glad Sabres have a few days off, they need it. Oh ya, Vanek is just outstanding

HAHA!

I had missed the Bills because I was at a baptism, but I had someone tape the game for me. Got the tape, went home, watched the Bills game, and 15 minutes after that, the puck dropped.

Ah, heaven.

849343[/snapback]

Love it! Great sports day yesterday. Sabres have a chance to sweep the season series against the Rags on Friday.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm kind of looking forward to the four-day break this week in regards to the Sabres. I'm sure they are too...hopefully by the time we see them again, Roy and Hecht are back in the lineup.

Love it!  Great sports day yesterday.  Sabres have a chance to sweep the season series against the Rags on Friday.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm kind of looking forward to the four-day break this week in regards to the Sabres.  I'm sure they are too...hopefully by the time we see them again, Roy and Hecht are back in the lineup.

849382[/snapback]

I'm sure the Sabres medical staff is too......we need to get a few of the guys back...although Novotny is now out around 10 days with the mysterious "upper body injury"

We started a few "Let's Go Buffalo" chants that got picked up by the bigger section of Sabres fans in the 300s behind the Buffalo net (any of you guys in there?).

849081[/snapback]

Yeah, I was in there...the section was kinda quiet for the 1st period, but got rolling in the 2nd. I love how Rangers fans don't know what to do when we cheer, so they just end up booing their own team :doh:

Yeah, I was in there...the section was kinda quiet for the 1st period, but got rolling in the 2nd.  I love how Rangers fans don't know what to do when we cheer, so they just end up booing their own team  :doh:

849774[/snapback]

I'm a casual Sabres fan and went to the game with my Rangers fan roommate. That was the first time I ever saw the Sabres win (out of three tries), and it was great to hear the group in 321 (I was at the top row of 404). Everytime they started a chant, the whole arena booed. It was beautiful.

And the polite gentleman in the Messier jersey to my left would respond to every Sabres power play with "two minutes on your mother."

HAHA!

Ah, heaven.

849343[/snapback]

Pfff, you call yourself a Buffalo sports fan. At our church the priest required the game to be on as well as the baby be dunked in a bucket of wing sauce and hosed off with Genny Cream. :doh:

HAHA!

Ah, heaven.

849343[/snapback]

:doh:

Cutting edge Joe firing up the BetaMax.