A Few Thoughts About The Game And The Bills

Bill from NYC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned:  Willis killed a free blitzer on the interception.  But "zomg he's a horrible blocker because I saw a replay of him getting beat vs. the Jets"

849214[/snapback]

He did. And another thing he showed was some serious speed on the second TD run. Both DBs had the angle on him and he blew past both of them. That, I think, was the fastest I have seen him run since he turned pro. Of course, he rarely ever gets into the secondary to accelerate but I attribute that to the line woes more than his deficiency.

He ran thru a couple DB's right at the marker, which happens....no excuse for the LB to miss 2 yards shy though.

849210[/snapback]

Watched it on Tivo in slo-mo. Crowell was at the 12, and staring straight at Garrard, who was on the 15. Crowell had him dead in his sights, but misjudged his speed and instead of hitting him dead on he glanced off his left shoulder and side, and fell harmlessly to the ground.

That's why you draft playmakers.    Roscoe Parrish is a difference-maker, and he showed it today.

JDG

849097[/snapback]

Hold on, you like Parrish because he is a "playmaker." These are the people that you want to draft (I guess as opposed to non-playmakers, whatever that means), yet you dislike Losman?

A little confusing, wouldn't you say? :lol:

Hold on, you like Parrish because he is a "playmaker." These are the people that you want to draft (I guess as opposed to non-playmakers, whatever that means), yet you dislike Losman?

A little confusing, wouldn't you say?  :lol:

849290[/snapback]

No, its not confusing at all.......

Watched it on Tivo in slo-mo.  Crowell was at the 12, and staring straight at Garrard, who was on the 15.  Crowell had him dead in his sights, but misjudged his speed and instead of hitting him dead on he glanced off his left shoulder and side, and fell harmlessly to the ground.

849230[/snapback]

Who was the player that just stood there and watched? I wanted to kick him in the balls. :):lol:

He ran thru a couple DB's right at the marker, which happens....no excuse for the LB to miss 2 yards shy though.

849210[/snapback]

Not a game goes by that I don't miss Antoine Winfield.

And Cablebabe is right about the Bill who stood around and watched the action. I actually think that happened on more than one occasion yesterday.

First off, I want to thank Crowell or whomever for allowing Garrarrd to get that first down to help set-up the TD, so that JP could get a chance to lead another game-winning drive. The Bills will have an easier time finding better defensive players than a QB.

As for Willis, his blocking until after the Jets game was poor. He's raised his game a few notches. And great job against a tough defense with a couple busted ribs.

As for Everett, I'd keep him around and see if he still develops. No reason to cut him right now or even before the final weeks of pre-season next year.

And maybe Tasker (who did the play by play on WCMF) can learn how to pronounsce his name. It isn't "Sea-Slick". That would be the Valdez oil spill.

848490[/snapback]

You sure about that bot? I distinctly remember Tasker zinging Marino on CBS pre-game from another site. Regardless, people here are too critical of Tasker.

1) Lindell has now earned my respect. up to this past sunday i never liked him, but now, he can stay our kicker for years to come. :)

2) Moorman played as great as he always does.

3) Parrish showed why we took him with our 1st pick (2nd rounder) in the draft a few years back. every time he touches the ball he looks like he could do something special. And HOW THE HELL DID HE JUKE THE PUNTER THAT BAD??? thats a highlight all by its self. He has made plays in the past, but today was the first where he stood out as a game changing/game winning player. he was the games MVP.

4) Defenses are now scared of evans. Talk about a great draft pick. :)

5) Clements played well. McGee seems to get picked on. i would hate to see what would happen if we let Clements go and made McGee our #1. :P

6) Whitner played well again. I will always remember the texans game and those missed tackles, but he didnt miss any tackles sunday. one of the best nfl rookies this season, and looks to be a great player for the bills for many years to come. :D

7) Fletcher is a beast. he cant cover that great, but plays like a probowler.

8) i dont know what it is, but spikes doesnt seem to make much of a diffrence. right now, Crowell is playing like spikes did before he got hurt.

9) Tripplett FINALLY made some plays sunday. to bad he takes him self out of every run play and allows big linemen to get on our LBs.

10) K. Williams does make a contribution, but i have to question the logic of having 4 pass rushers and no run stoppers on the D-line.

11) Kelsey, Denny, and Shobel played well and you can see that they never give up on a play.

12) 3 broken ribs?? i didnt see any inury in McGahee. great to have him back. A-Train and McGahee looks to be a great combination. and you can make a highlight reel just of his blocking ability. we lost the jets game because of his poor blocking ability, and it seems that he has worked long and hard to correct that.

13) the rookie RT played well i suppose. i never heard his name in a bad way, which is exactly what you hope to see out of a rookie OT.

14) Peters will always be called a former TE. we lucked out by getting him. How many QBs in teh NFL can say that their first TD in the NFL was caught by his LT? :lol:

15) JP had a good game. one INT, but he was hit by his own lineman (who was not blockign anyone) and his pass to a wide open WR in teh endzone came up 20 yards short. noone likes INTs, but some are worse than others. that one was not that bad. hes showing leadership and an understanding of the offense.

16) we need a playmaking pass catching TE. the ones we have are ok, but look like backups who just happen to be wide open when they make a catch.

17) i have to say it. who the !@#$ allows a qb to run for 22 yards on a 4th and 20 with 1 min left in the game. :)

2) Moorman played as great as he always does.

Actually, if anything, Moorman's play was a notch below the best-of-all-time type standards he was setting for himself a couple weeks ago.

17) i have to say it. who the !@#$ allows a qb to run for 22 yards on a 4th and 20 with 1 min left in the game.  :)

849409[/snapback]

The NY Giants? :lol:

JDG

Who was the player that just stood there and watched? I wanted to kick him in the balls.  :)  :lol:

849299[/snapback]

It could have been worse.

It could have been Plaxico Burress giving up on a route and watching an INT right in front of him....or it could have been Mathias Kiwanuka hugging Vince Young on 4th & 10 then watching him run for 19 yards for a 1st down.

:)

Actually, if anything, Moorman's play was a notch below the best-of-all-time type standards he was setting for himself a couple weeks ago.  

The NY Giants?  :lol:

JDG

849413[/snapback]

If you payed off the giants players it woulnt have looked as rigged as it did sunday. (that said, they did just approve a new stadium for the giants/jets)

What's sad is Reed will replace Roscoe when he gets better.  :lol:

849253[/snapback]

No he won't. Jauron understands that you got to put your playmakers on the field...Parrish is one of them as the coach repeatedly pointed out after the game.