A Few Thoughts About The Game And The Bills

Bill from NYC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It could have been worse.

It could have been Plaxico Burress giving up on a route and watching an INT right in front of him....or it could have been Mathias Kiwanuka hugging Vince Young on 4th & 10 then watching him run for 19 yards for a 1st down.

:lol:

849420[/snapback]

Mathias mentioned that he was afraid that he would get the dreaded 15 yard Roughing the passer penalty if he touched Young.

Another random observation to include. Shaud Williams is a waste of a roster spot. He better not be on the team next year.

849470[/snapback]

When he came in on that 3rd down play I turned to my friend, Amy, and said: "What the f#$% is HE doing in there" ?? :lol:

When he came in on that 3rd down play I turned to my friend, Amy, and said: "What the f#$% is HE doing in there" ??  :lol:

849579[/snapback]

I think what happened is Jauron was joking around and said "Alright, this is a big play. I think it's time for our secret weapon, Shaud Williams." And everyone laughed at his sarcasm. Everyone, that is, except Shaud Williams who thought he was serious and immediately ran onto the field.

And then no one had the heart to tell him it was a joke so they let him have the ball.

I think what happened is Jauron was joking around and said "Alright, this is a big play.  I think it's time for our secret weapon, Shaud Williams."  And everyone laughed at his sarcasm.  Everyone, that is, except Shaud Williams who thought he was serious and immediately ran onto the field.

And then no one had the heart to tell him it was a joke so they let him have the ball.

849581[/snapback]

GREAT observation! :lol:

He did. And another thing he showed was some serious speed on the second TD run. Both DBs had the angle on him and he blew past both of them. That, I think, was the fastest I have seen him run since he turned pro. Of course, he rarely ever gets into the secondary to accelerate but I attribute that to the line woes more than his deficiency.

849219[/snapback]

I thought the same thing. I was sure he was going to get popped at the five or ten yard line. He looked a few steps faster than I've ever seen him.

Maybe the knee thing is still improving. I actually saw quite a bit of the Ravens/Steelers game as well, at the sports bar where I was watching the Bills, and I was also surprised by how fast Jamal Lewis looked. It was like we were back in 2000. For quite a while after his injury, Lewis looked like a tough, productive, but slightly lumbering running back (which is how Willis often looks), but there was no lumbering about him yesterday. Maybe the real recovery time on a knee injury like that is three or four years.