Bills Game not sold out - Black Out

ACor58

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to WBNG they are NOT showing the game, the info was sent to the gude prior to the non-sellout. Thanks to Sunday Ticket I will still be able to see it :angry:

847083[/snapback]

And that case people in Ithaca cannot see it even if they have Sunday Ticket. Ithaca is deemed to be in WTVH-5's area. No game on WTVH-5, no game on Sunday Ticket.

There are an awful lot of of jackasses in this thread. Too many to go back and reply to each. Oh, it's 74 on the beach today. I give a flying !@#$ why?

Some of you that want to ride the high almighty bus need to remember we have one of the biggest capacity stadiums here in one of the smallest markets.

Someone else said it better than me. I think they said !@#$ off.

Oh and I agree with someone else who said blame Jacksonville. They are too cheap to travel with their team.

THEY obviously don't deserve their team and I would like to be the first person to suggest that Jacksonville relocate to New Orleans after the Saints move to LA.

Suck it!!

Ha :angry:

And plus everyone is going to the Sabres games.  Go Bills and Sabres.  Tough loss to the Canadians though.

847279[/snapback]

There may be something to that. Buffalo isn't exactly known for its large population with disposable income. Fans that normally would have gone to the Bills game may have bought a couple pairs of Sabres tickets this year.

If the Sabres weren't the most exciting team in hockey, this game may very well have sold out.

You spoke to WBNG? Why would it not being a sellout affect their decision?

847237[/snapback]

It took me awhile to find this from an old E-mail I'd received, but this should help. Don't know where they're getting this information, but it's a really useful map.

http://www.gribblenation.net/index.html

I'm out in Utica, and didn't think the blackout would affect me this far away....but it looks like it's shot all the way to Massachusetts. Basically, it's blacked out on both side of the Thruway to the state line. Looks like I'm either heading north to the River or a sports bar.

Okay, sports bar wins. :angry:

It took me awhile to find this from an old E-mail I'd received, but this should help.  Don't know where they're getting this information, but it's a really useful map.

http://www.gribblenation.net/index.html

I'm out in Utica, and didn't think the blackout would affect me this far away....but it looks like it's shot all the way to Massachusetts.  Basically, it's blacked out on both side of the Thruway to the state line. 

847318[/snapback]

I believe you are misinterpreting the map. It shows the area that is expected to carry the Bills game. May not have been updated to show the purported Binghamton flip. Only those stations that broadcast to an area within 75 miles of the stadium are affected.

If we (Utica) had our own CBS affiliate and carried it solely instead of WTVH and it didn't reach within 75 miles of the stadium (almost certain) Utica would not be blacked out. Or more realistically if the NFL wasn't such greedy SOBs they wouldn't use a loophole to exclude WTVH. [Don't have the exact figures but it's about a 10 mile strip if I remember correctly.]

Theoretically possible that WTVH could just lower it's output on gamedays so it could carry the game.

Yes, it's possible. 

Today's forecast:  Sunny, high of 72, with a 10% chance of rain.  How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

847378[/snapback]

Sunny, high of 76 here. Tomorrow a high of 74. I can sit here at home with the windows open wearing shorts, cold beer in hand, and enjoy the Bills-Jags game.

Sunny, high of 76 here. Tomorrow a high of 74. I can sit here at home with the windows open wearing shorts, cold beer in hand, and enjoy the Bills-Jags game.

847416[/snapback]

At gametime tomorrow, it will be -16F here with snow flurries. I can sit at home with the windows closed wearing shorts, cold beer in hand, and enjoy the Bills-Jag game GUILT-FREE because it's too friggin cold to do anything else. :angry:

I believe you are misinterpreting the map.  It shows the area that is expected to carry the Bills game.  May not have been updated to show the purported Binghamton flip. Only those stations that broadcast to an area within 75 miles of the stadium are affected.

If we (Utica) had our own CBS affiliate and carried it solely instead of WTVH and it didn't reach within 75 miles of the stadium (almost certain) Utica would not be blacked out.  Or more realistically if the NFL wasn't such greedy SOBs they wouldn't use a loophole to exclude WTVH.  [Don't have the exact figures but it's about a 10 mile strip if I remember correctly.]

Theoretically possible that WTVH could just lower it's output on gamedays so it could carry the game.

847328[/snapback]

Thanks.....I wish I was misinterpreting the map, but think I'm correct. Prior to flipping over to the map, they have a text area that shows the game has indeed been switched to Pittsburgh/Baltimore. What's confusing me is the information I'm gleaning from the websites of two of the bigger media outlets nearby - the Rochester D&C, and WTVH CBS Syracuse. The D&C clearly states that WTVH will not carry the game, and that we're getting Pit/Bal. The WTVH website says they ARE carrying the game....at least they said this early this morning. Do I believe that this is true, given that it's Saturday morning of a holiday weekend, and the graphics people are all stuffed with turkey and haven't updated the website :lol: ? My bet is that the game IS INDEED blacked out in Utica. If that doesn't just burn yer britches, because there ain't no way yer gonna make it to Orchard Park from the Mohawk Valley in less than three hours! Come on, give me a break! So much for the 75 mile "Death Zone". We're three friggin' hours away! :w00t: And the sports bars around here can't guarantee that they're going to have the game, because they can't trust Sunday Ticket as far as they can spit a rat.

So, I'm heading north to the cottage up near Sackets Harbor, and I'm going to sit in that cold little place with my six pack of adult beverages and scream my lungs out at the Bills, and at the NFL in general. :angry: