Bills Game not sold out - Black Out

ACor58

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In more ways than one...but it is 50 degrees and sunny today.

846939[/snapback]

No excuse for this game not to be sold out. The Bills are coming off one of their biggest wins in the last couple of years. Not to mention the weather is decent for Western, NY this time of the year.

As for me, I'm streaming the game over the internet. I hope Losman and Evans set a few more records.

It's currently 68 here at the beach.

Guess Time Warner screwed up here too. They said that even though we don't get the NFL Network, we would still get all of our hometown BILLS Games!!!!

Yeah, I knew the blackout rules applied, but Time Warner made no mention of this! They could have at least taken all of that money that they are not spending on the NFL Network and bought the last few thousand tickets.

I can't believe this game did not sell out.

Damn shame.  Stuff like this will haunt this small market team.

846940[/snapback]

OMG....A Bills game didn't sellout in time to be televised locally! Get channel 2, 4 and 7 out there now and watch for the moving vans! :devil: It's not the first game that didn't sell out over the last 40 years and it won't be the last. It doesn't mean the Bills are going to be moved to another city.

No excuse for this game not to be sold out.  The Bills are coming off one of their biggest wins in the last  couple of years.  Not to mention the weather is decent for Western, NY this time of the year. 

As for me, I'm streaming the game over the internet.  I hope Losman and Evans set a few more records. 

It's currently 68 here at the beach.

846952[/snapback]

We don't need an excuse. Don't blame the fans for not supporting this team when they suck and haven't been to the playoffs in how many years? 6? 7? 8? Whatever it is.

People need to get over the "we're obligated to support this team" mentality. Just like when the Sabres sucked, people, myself included, didn't buy tickets. If we're "obligated", to buy tickets they're obligated to put something better on the field for my entertainment value.

People aren't blowing $50 during the holidays to waste their time with this team. That might be harsh or cold or whatever. But that the reality.

And anyway, we've sold how like 26 of the last 27 home games while compiling a pathetic LOSING record. So one non-sell out isn't going to send this team to southern Cali. Get over the fear-mongering.

And for all the out-of-towners and former WNYers, you can check your opinions on this matter at the door.

I used to care if this team stayed, but in the last couple years, I've changed my tune. The NFL is a league full of ignorant, unintelligent, ingrates and a-holes. Everyone expects WNY to rally for this team of guys who live here for 5 months a year and have no connection to the community they sap millions from. Sure, there are a few guys who play a role in the community but I see more of them making money doing commercials than (check your credibility at the door and whore yourself for Veins, Veins, Veins...) than giving back to the community. Take, take, take.....

I'm not a grinch, I'm just a realist who isn't blindly supportive of a bunch of millionaires who could care less because they're getting paid no matter what. I used to be a sports addict but in the last 10 years, it's hard to root for the NFL anymore.

Lets call it...

The Buffalo Sabres are here...

and

The LOYAL fans of this city are tired of Mr. Wilsons 12 year plan with this garbage he calls a team

846960[/snapback]

You are dead on. People in western New York had decided to spend their entrtainment dollars elsewhere.

The difference is that other teams are selling out their games now. Sellouts are now almost always a given in most NFL cities.

I am not saying anyone is obligated to buy a ticket. What I am saying is that because local people cannot afford to support this team all the time and considering the lowest ticket prices in the league, stuff like this increases the chance that the Bills will move in the long run.

The difference is that other teams are selling out their games now. Sellouts are now almost always a given in most NFL cities.

I am not saying anyone is obligated to buy a ticket. What I am saying is that because local people cannot afford to support this team all the time and considering the lowest ticket prices in the league, stuff like this increases the chance that the Bills will move in the long run.

846984[/snapback]

When the Bills put a good product on the field they will have an easier time selling a game like this out. That is by no means a given though...remember the greatest comeback??

What should be more surprising is the fact that this is the 1st game not to sell out in a long time, considering that the product the Bills have put on the field has been lees than sub par for so many years!