Ok Armchair coaches..... What do you do..

AnthonyF

I have been told how good the gameplan was the last 3 weeks and now we play a real good defence this week (see what they did vs. Pitt & NYG, at least 'til 11:00 pm when I am writing this). Does leash go back on JP? Can't let him loose against such a good defence, can we??? :P

Then next week we play SD, whose offence is making Indy's look like it's moving in slowmotion. They put up 49 & 35 points on the road the last 2 weeks and are averaging 34 for the season. Do we run the ball all game against their weak defense and have JP throw 13 times to keep their offense on the sidelines? :D

Really I need to know.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been told how good the gameplan was the last 3 weeks and now we play a real good defence this week (see what they did vs. Pitt & NYG).  Does leash go back on JP?  Can't let him loose against such a good defence, can we???  :P

Then next week we play SD, whose offence is making Indy's look like it's moving in slowmotion.  They put up 49 & 35 points on the road the last 2 weeks and are averaging 34 for the season.  Do we run the ball all game against their weak defense and have JP throw 13 times to keep their offense on the sidelines? :D

Really I need to know.

844204[/snapback]

We can let him loose, we can't let the line loose. So yes, the leash goes back on him, at least compared to the Texans game. That said, there is something about calling plays depending on the game is going. The Bills were able to keep their game plan going in all three games because the game played to script. If it didn't, if Indy or Gb was up two scores, we wouldnt have been running.

You don't need to know, just try thinking for once.

Our opinions should be void because regardless of what happens, unless it works flawlessly there should be constant adjustments throughout the game. Who knows, maybe Jacksonville's offense will show up to play and their defense won't, on the other hand maybe their defense will, their offense won't and it becomes a game of field position.

I want some unpredictability from Fairchild...keep things mixed up a bit.

and it's "offense" and "defense"  :P

844213[/snapback]

Actually.....defense can be spelt either way.....& typically defence in the country that invented the language.

I think you'll see a more balanced approach this week. The Jags can shut down the run so simply trying to run the ball all day long (as the Bills did against the Colts) doesn't have a prayer of success. Dropping JP back nearly 40 times also doesn't have much chance of success given the Jags stout DL. The Bills need to mix it up this week and try to keep the Jags off balance. I think you'll see close to a 1:1 pass/run ratio. I'd also like to see some rollouts, some RB screens and some slants. I'd also love to see some freaking PLAY ACTION on 2nd and 3rd downs.

I think you'll see a more balanced approach this week.  The Jags can shut down the run so simply trying to run the ball all day long (as the Bills did against the Colts) doesn't have a prayer of success.  Dropping JP back nearly 40 times also doesn't have much chance of success given the Jags stout DL.  The Bills need to mix it up this week and try to keep the Jags off balance.  I think you'll see close to a 1:1 pass/run ratio.  I'd also like to see some rollouts, some RB screens and some slants.  I'd also love to see some freaking PLAY ACTION on 2nd and 3rd downs.

844250[/snapback]

Hell yeah!

I think Jacksonville is close to a mirror image of Minnesota, though obviously a little better. I don't know if there was really a blueprint strategy to winning that game - we basically had 1 good drive to start the game, a couple athletic plays by Fletcher, and the Vikings pulled a Gilbride. We're going to have a hard time running because A-train is a between the tackles guy, but the Jags pass-rush isn't great, so I think it just comes down to JP and run defense.

I have been told how good the gameplan was the last 3 weeks and now we play a real good defence this week (see what they did vs. Pitt & NYG, at least 'til 11:00 pm when I am writing this).  Does leash go back on JP?  Can't let him loose against such a good defence, can we???  :P

Really I need to know.

844204[/snapback]

I say they keep Losman underwraps. If Willis plays the game plan will be totally different. But whether or not he's in, take what's given-checks to the running backs, rushing inside and out, and the long ball (which undoubtly raised a flag with our remaining opponents). The Bills have now proven they can be successful wearing the leash (MIA and IND) and equally succesful not wearing the leash ( NYJ and HOU).

The key to the HOU, IND, MIA, MIN, GB, NE1 games, though was defense. And the way this unit has played since the by week continues to tickle me with optimism...

I say they keep Losman underwraps.  If Willis plays the game plan will be totally different.  But whether or not he's in, take what's given-checks to the running backs, rushing inside and out, and the long ball (which undoubtly raised a flag with our remaining opponents).  The Bills have now proven they can be successful wearing the leash (MIA and IND) and equally succesful not wearing the leash ( NYJ and HOU).

The key to the HOU, IND, MIA, MIN, GB, NE1 games, though was defense.  And the way this unit has played since the by week continues to tickle me with optimism...

844266[/snapback]

Yea 400+ yards a game, physical run stops, all those sacks, the gift wrapped fumbes and ints. they are they are really exciting me.... They have done a good job not allowing points, but I don't share the same optimism.

First off... we have to worry more about their Defense than our own. I believe that their linebackers and D-linemen are pretty tough, as shown last night.

We have to pound the ball.. use a great mix of A-Train and Shelton. Yes, Shelton... the guy loves to hit people. Let him. We need to try to soften them by using the run. Also, need to surprise them a bit with some light passwork to the tightends. Something no team would ever expect the Bills to do. Obviously, the o-line has to prove that last weeks play was not a fluke... they have to eat up the pass rush. They have to play a great game.

Defensively for the Bills. I am not so worried about the Jags WR's as I am about the running game. The Bills D just can not get to crazy and to worried about stopping the run by placing so many in the box. That will only lead to the big play.

Let's hope that with Jauron's experience he can find some soft spots on both sides of the ball in the Jags game. Basically out coach Del Rio.

Bills have to use last weeks confidence builder for this week.

Bills 20

Jags 14

I am not even thinking about SD till this game is over.

Why I have been on this site was how upset the offence made me the prior 2 weeks. Simply the fact that the offence had no interest in winning or seeing if we have any future with this QB.

It was one thing against the 30th ranked pass defence vs. GB at home to do absolutely nothing and conveniently forget Favre gift wrapped 3 turnovers, but then to utterly give up vs. Indy after the first drive when we got to their 10 yard line using a mix of run & pass, I was apoplectic.

Now the next 2 games at home are going to be really, really difficult. Fortunately we are home. But if DJ regresses and the games are as interesting as watching paint dry I will be very unhappy...

I'd also love to see some freaking PLAY ACTION on 2nd and 3rd downs.

844250[/snapback]

Our line won't be able to hold off the pressure long enough for play action. Plus we need to show that we can run on the front 7 of Jax to make play action effective - that will be very tough.

I think this one is coming down to field position and turnovers - I like our chances on a miserable afternoon in Orchard Park.

I think we'll have to adjust somewhat with Jacksonville to increase pass protection which means using a lot of the two tight ends and running game as a base set. I think we can still open up JP a little for (of all things) an occassional bomb. How about this as a first play? Evans and Parrish coming out of the huddle and going to each others normal side of the field, quick snap, and a bomb to Evans with Parrish as a second choice. I was thinking that Jacksonville (and everyone else) will be soooo worried about Evans that they will set up a defense based on Evans in a certain position. Moving him around might give us an edge for a play. Just a thought.

The Jacksonville D-line looked pretty stout last night, especially in the middle. i don't think the yards will come easy.

Come out gunning--Darius is out, and the Gint receivers were open last night, but minipeyton had a horrendous game throwing the ball. Pass first, run second. I would like to see a reverse or two thrown into the mix as well as a couple draws and god forbid screen passes.

On defense play the run all the way until the J-ville receivers prove that they can hang on to the ball. When they have Gerrard in their sights the D better wrap him up.