Sean Salisbury of ESPN says......

mackey7789

ESPN is a joke---except when they something positive about the Bills or Sabres

843893[/snapback]

What the have done with Monday Night Football is joke.

Why the hell are they wasting time time tallking to Hip-hopster Jay-Zee during the game?

And at a a point were it were the game was still close?

WTF does that have to do with football?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the have done with Monday Night Football is joke.

Why the hell are they wasting time time tallking to Hip-hopster Jay-Zee during the game?

And at a a point were it were the game was still close?

WTF does that have to do with football?

844743[/snapback]

He has nothing to do with football... he was pimping his new album, basically coming out of retirement. A glorified commercial.

He has nothing to do with football... he was pimping his new album, basically coming out of retirement.  A glorified commercial.

844795[/snapback]

Who f'ning cares?

Go to MTV or BET to do that.

Did TKO show up on MTV to talk about his comeback plans?

Who f'ning cares?

844822[/snapback]

This isn't new. I'm pretty sure my father was confused when John Lennon was in the MNF broadcast booth with Howard Cosell.

It's obnoxious and self-serving. But it isn't new.

Who f'ning cares?

844822[/snapback]

It's called Marketing and Money for the league. Jamie Foxx did that as well. Do I like it? No. Does it make sense for both sides to do that? Yes.

The LT play comment is off the mark. No, our backup RB cannot make that play. Nor every other player in the league. LT is the best player in football, and that was a spectacular play executed perfectly.

Our team did show Saturday that when the deep threats are there (maybe because Evans had burned them twice, maybe because they were in prevent) we can pass effectively to our backs, and I think that when Willis gets healthy he will be even better at this.

I do think a key piece of this puzzle is that JP didn't just have three touchdowns, but he had three perfect passes all on very difficult plays. This wasn't a drop the ball into broken coverage, or just execute what is available. This was his talent making throws that a lot of QBs could not make.

What I do find alarming is the lack of contribution from the tight ends and Roscoe. Roscoe can be electric when he gets the ball in his hands (and not bouncing off of them), but if that doesn't happen more, he becomes pretty useless. And without being Gates or Gonzalez, I would really like a tight end to be more involved in the passing game, otherwise they are just undersized offensive linemen..

Hopefully Price can get back into things, and he showed his upside on that play. If he can settle into a solid #2 receiver (Reggie Wayne to Lee's Harrison) and stay involved, our passing game takes a huge stride forward.

It's called Marketing and Money for the league.  Jamie Foxx did that as well.  Do I like it?  No.  Does it make sense for both sides to do that?  Yes.

844890[/snapback]

I guess. Jamie Foxx made sense, because he played a QB in a 'Any Given Sunday'.

And there was a lot of former NFL players in the movie.

I don't mind if it some what related.

Or maybe if the sound like they know something about football.

Jay-Zee sounded kind of slow and not that interested in the game, but sure lighted up when is came time to talk about the new CD.

Plus, the new crew sucks. I thought Dan Fouts and Miller had better chemistry, and that is not saying much.

I'd have to say that Frank Gore is the NFL's most improved player this year. Not JP or Alex Smith. Gore has exploded onto the scene with SF this year. I didn't think he would be anything special in the NFL, but he is definitely the horse the 49ers needed in the backfield to go along with their young QB. That's helped Smith's developement more than anything.

I guess. Jamie Foxx made sense, because he played a QB in a 'Any Given Sunday'.

And there was a lot of former NFL players in the movie.

I don't mind if it some what related.

Or maybe if the sound like they know something about football.

Jay-Zee sounded kind of slow and not that interested in the game, but sure lighted up when is came time to talk about the new CD.

Plus, the new crew sucks. I thought Dan Fouts and Miller had better chemistry, and that is not saying much.

844922[/snapback]

I agree the new crew sucks. However what Jamie Foxx was pimping was his new album.

Losman is showing some stuff. I looked again and again at the passes to Evans..beautiful...but the pass to PP (and of course the catch by PP) were something to behold. JP has had his ups and downs, but I think he improves week by week and I think he has a tremendous upside. Hang in there, and I think we will have the qb we need. The offensive line (of which I have consistently been critical and which I think is our area most in need of help) has to be mentioned for excellent play in the game against the Texans. They deserve lots of credit for playing a very good game.

It's always nice to hear something good about the Bills, but, take it for what it is worth...Salsbury's schtick seems to, week after week, to look into the camera, and make some outlandish/absurd proclamation, based on the result of one game.  I swear, early in the season, after a good game by Braylon Edwards, he said that, by the end of the season, we would be mentioning the Frye to Edwards combo, the same way we talked about Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison....Sealsbury used to be okay, until he reinvneted himself (likely to keep his job at ESPN) into a buffoon...

But, nice game by JP anyways! <_<

843914[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head....I liked Salisbury when he started at ESPN. It seemed like he just said what was on his mind and didn't give a crap about what anyone thought of it. Clearly, that was the goal and he's now conformed to drink the kool-aid.

I agree the new crew sucks.  However what Jamie Foxx was pimping was his new album.

845479[/snapback]

I have been using the NFL season pass from Real networks.

For $9.99 you can listen to all the games on line, and pick which broadcast you want to here, the home crew or the visiting team's crew.

And they are archived so you can listen to them later in the week.

I wish they had the same service for the NHL, so I could hear the Saber's games.

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!"

I have been using the NFL season pass from Real networks.

For $9.99 you can listen to all the games on line, and pick which broadcast you want to here, the home crew or the visiting team's crew.

And they are archived so you can listen to them later in the week.

I wish they had the same service for the NHL, so I could hear the Saber's games.

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!"

845632[/snapback]

they do, and its free...

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Radio

I'd have to say that Frank Gore is the NFL's most improved player this year. Not JP or Alex Smith. Gore has exploded onto the scene with SF this year. I didn't think he would be anything special in the NFL, but he is definitely the horse the 49ers needed in the backfield to go along with their young QB. That's helped Smith's developement more than anything.

845473[/snapback]

He averaged 4.8 YPC last season. You just didn't notice.

What I do find alarming is the lack of contribution from the tight ends and Roscoe.  Roscoe can be electric when he gets the ball in his hands (and not bouncing off of them), but if that doesn't happen more, he becomes pretty useless.  And without being Gates or Gonzalez, I would really like a tight end to be more involved in the passing game, otherwise they are just undersized offensive linemen..

844909[/snapback]

The thing with the TEs is a catch-22....they stay in to block because the OL is so bad, which translates to fewer available receivers, which translates to a worse offense. This is also why the Bills red zone percentage is pathetic.

Do the coaches need to trust the OL enough to put the TEs into the pattern? I think so...and it seems that someone like Royal should be an effective receiver. Maybe this is the next step of the offense's progression....