What type of person do you attract?

Your Result: You attract geeks!

:D

Innocent or Sinful?

Your Result: Docile Sinner

:P

I tried the "Ultimate Football Trivia Quiz VII" but it was soccer :D

How Christian Are You? You are 29% Christian

You own the Bible, but it's soley for looks.You are probably a suppoter of war and blowing up abortion clinics. You have too much anger and are too naive to ever be a true christian.

:P i don't own a bible :P

The Inland North

"You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

843517[/snapback]

Me, too. :P

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio."

Well, I am from Pennsylvania and have been told I have a good voice....pretty damn accurate!

843221[/snapback]

I got the same ranking yet I was born and raised in Buffalo. Of course my dad's from Indianapolis (even though that's more central then southern Indiana) so maybe I picked up some of his accent.

It's that good.

843877[/snapback]

Except I don't talk like someone from NYC. I don't mind though. I've never been a fan of these online quizes, so at least I didn't have to answer about 75 questions this time.

And when they say Minnesota, they don't mean Minneaplis/St. Paul, they mean the people that live out on the Iron Range.  Ya, you betcha!  Fer sure!  :lol:

843654[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing that up. :P I also had 2 of my siblings take the test. My brother's result was "The West" accent and my sister's was "The midland" accent. How can we have 3 different results in the same family? ;):lol:

The WNY accent is distinctive. It is not noticed by natives. It is when you leave the area. :P  ;)

843574[/snapback]

They just call me "mile a minute." :lol:

I noticed in the midwest, the words are pronounced with a long vowel.

Elite becomes E-lite

Deluxe becomes D-lux

In Illinois the s is silent, except in Des Plaines... They take umbrage when you pronounce the s... The funny thing is that s pops up in other locations... Like the grocery stores here... Jewel becomes Jewel's, Cub Foods becomes Cub's Food... Soldier Field becomes Soldier's field... Chicago Lock becomes Chicago Locks... And so on... WTF?

And as you drift south of I-80... You begin to pick up a "twang."

Do they call Cincinnati down there Cincinnata?... They do that with Missouri too, I heard it called Missoura... WTF is up with that too?

:lol:

In Illinois the s is silent, except in Des Plaines... They take umbrage when you pronounce the s... The funny thing is that s pops up in other locations... Like the grocery stores here... Jewel becomes Jewel's, Cub Foods becomes Cub's Food... Soldier Field becomes Soldier's field...  Chicago Lock becomes Chicago Locks... And so on... WTF?

844977[/snapback]

Sounds similar to Baltimore, where people refer to Giant supermarket as "the Giants".

Do they call Cincinnati down there Cincinnata?... They do that with Missouri too, I heard it called Missoura... WTF is up with that too?

;)

844977[/snapback]

No...but one occasionally hears the rurals uses the term "Cincinnatus", the old Latin Military leader's name.

But I very much like hearing regional accents, never make fun of them, and hope they never get wiped out.