If you give JP time to throw he can make any pass

bluv

I've said it earlier and a few JP haters laughed at me; especially the past 2 weeks. From what I have seen of him this year is that when he is given the time to set his feet he can consistently hit open receivers making any type pass that needs to be thrown. Few want to give him credit for that as they just want to blast him and treat him like he was the worse QB in the league. Last year he consistently missed a lot of open guys and showed no touch on the short throws. This year that has no been the case. While he still might make a couple of bad throws (like the int yesterday) or look confuse at times (like any other young QB) if you give him time and targets get open he can hit them. Yesterday was the best pass blocking day we have had all year. I know it was the Texans; if next week or the rest of the year for that matter the O-line blocked like they did against the Packers and the Colts he will look like Brady and Peyton do when they are getting blasted in the pocket: flusterd, fumbling the ball, and rushing throws!

He earned a shot with, hopefully, a decent OL next year...He showed given time and protection, he could make plays...The Texans Defense was daring him to throw against them...they played to run the enitre game and forced JP to beat them through the air...he did and looked good doing it...He made one poor play, the INT; I'm not concerned about it...he came right back and played well after it and won the game for them....

I've said it earlier and a few JP haters laughed at me; especially the past 2 weeks. From what I have seen of him this year is that when he is given the time to set his feet he can consistently hit open receivers making any type pass that needs to be thrown. Few want to give him credit for that as they just want to blast him and treat him like he was the worse QB in the league. Last year he consistently missed a lot of open guys and showed no touch on the short throws. This year that has no been the case. While he still might make a couple of bad throws (like the int yesterday) or look confuse at times (like any other young QB) if you give him time and targets get open he can hit them. Yesterday was the best pass blocking day we have had all year. I know it was the Texans; if next week or the rest of the year for that matter the O-line blocked like they did against the Packers and the Colts he will look like Brady and Peyton do when they are getting blasted in the pocket: flusterd, fumbling the ball, and rushing throws!

843126[/snapback]

I think you could substitute Bledsoe for JP. Ugh.

He made one poor play, the INT; I'm not concerned about it..

I am. It looked like he was reading man when the Texans were running a zone under. That's not a complicated read and it's one you can't blow inside your own 10. It takes an awful lot of good plays to make up for that one bad one and regardless of protection JP won't be able to overcome it and succeed if he keeps doing it.

Cya

I am. It looked like he was reading man when the Texans were running a zone under. That's not a complicated read and it's one you can't blow inside your own 10. It takes an awful lot of good plays to make up for that one bad one and regardless of protection JP won't be able to overcome it and succeed if he keeps doing it.

Cya

843165[/snapback]

OTOH, I feel like he does actually learn from his mistakes, and the way he responded after that one to me was almost Favre-esque. It's the kind of thing you look for in your QB.

I hope he can keep it going against better competition. If he can, then he is the QB we've been waiting for.

Cya

843165[/snapback]

That's the first truly awful INT I've seen JP throw this year.

And he made up for it.

Cya

843165[/snapback]

Every QB makes a mistake like that....think about how many times our great JK did it...He bounced back, put it behind him and it didn't effect him the rest of the game....I won't bring up the Sun in his eyes either...every QB throws a bad INT once in awhile...he made up for it

You're focusing on it because of all the otehr games this year...in the conext of this game...it was one bad play...it happens

I think you could substitute Bledsoe for JP.  Ugh.

843135[/snapback]

No. You need to give Drew an extra second more than JP. Plus Drew hasn't shown the ability to run a quick passing game for his setup is too slow. And Drew is suppose to be a veteran but he still makes rookie mistakes. JP has upside; who knows how he will turn out; you know what you have in Drew! We had good pass protection yesterday but it was good for us; it's not like he had all day to throw the ball. Plus JP is mobile. The reason why he hasn't shown it so far is that he barely has time to setup so he either must unleash the ball or get knocked on his back.

No. You need to give Drew an extra second more than JP. Plus Drew hasn't shown the ability to run a quick  passing game for his setup is too slow. And Drew is suppose to be a veteran but he still makes rookie mistakes. JP has upside; who knows how he will turn out; you know what you have in Drew! We had good pass protection yesterday but it was good for us; it's not like he had all day to throw the ball. Plus JP is mobile. The reason why he hasn't shown it so far is that he barely has time to setup so he either must unleash the ball or get knocked on his back.

843297[/snapback]

That's not what you wrote in your first post.

Cya

843165[/snapback]

First, it was a terrible throw, a horrible play, and it could have lost the game. But if you watch it closely, to me he wasn't looking that way until right before he threw. He was looking downfield (to the same side of the field) to another WR, and then quickly looked further left and threw it without making sure the WR was open enough. It was simply a terrible read and reaction. He has to be smarter than that, for sure. But it's not one that, to me, is an inherent problem or that he does a lot or will continue to do. It may have first appeared that he was staring down a guy and then threw a miserable pass but he was looking further downfield to a different guy.

Cya

843165[/snapback]

Philip Rivers made a similar mistake last night and he threw a horrible INT that was returned for a TD that made it a 17 point deficit. He came back admirably however, just like JP and lead their teams to com-from-behind victories.

Cya

843165[/snapback]

Glad you weren't my coach :lol:

ps. Thanks for the FF victory 0:)