JP haters

mead107

In 1996, the Colts drafted Marvin Harrison in the 1st round. In 97, they drafted LT Takik Glenn and RT Adam Meadows in rounds 1 and 2.

The foundation was being built before Peyton arrived in Indy in 98.

844318[/snapback]

Thanks Bill, it's interesting to see that they did in fact upgrade their O line and gave them time to jell before getting Manning. All Manning pretty much had to do was get used to the speed of the NFL and throw the damn ball.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bill, it's interesting to see that they did in fact upgrade their O line and gave them time to jell before getting Manning.  All Manning pretty much had to do was get used to the speed of the NFL and throw the damn ball.

844679[/snapback]

that IIRC Manning did a lot of 3 and 5 step drops his rookie year and only got sacked 29 times, with the young line an Qb's

Yea and look at the interceptions & completion percentage.  You might want to think every once in awhile before opening your mouth.

Also, even though we played the Texans and won, the coaches aren't going to get rid of JP because he played a "bad" team. If anything, it has shown the coaches what JP can do when he has time to throw.

THANKS FOR PLAYING, PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

844676[/snapback]

What was I thinking? Of course you are so right.

How could I ever doubt a QB who has had his best two games against the teams that picked 1st and 4th in last years draft. :lol:;):lol:

How could I ever doubt a QB who has had his best two games against the teams that picked 1st and 4th in last years draft. :lol:  ;)  :lol:

845060[/snapback]

I thought picking 1st or 4th was good.

So now it sucks if teams draft high and it sucks if teams win too?

I thought picking 1st or 4th was good.

So now it sucks if teams draft high and it sucks if teams win too?

845063[/snapback]

The best way to "rebuild" teams is through the draft. It's even better when you have your choice of QB's to chose from.

I wonder what number Quinn will wear here in Buffalo?

The best way to "rebuild" teams is through the draft. It's even better when you have your choice of QB's to chose from.

845072[/snapback]

You do understand the leap from college to NFL isn't a walk in the park right? With QB's especially, you need to give them time to learn defenses and get adjusted to the speed of the NFL game. If you see the amount of young talent on the team now, everyone can see that with expierience and playing time, they will only get better.

Your short-sighted insistence that Brady Quinn will be a good fit for Buffalo is right up there with the other idiotic things you've said in the past 3 days. He'd get killed behind our line, plus we'd have to wait another 3 years for him to develop, in which time you'll be screaming for the next college QB your currently jockin' because your so impatient.

Shouldn't you be rooting for Miami or something? I'm sure they could use your great football insight to help their team.

You do understand the leap from college to NFL isn't a walk in the park right?  With QB's especially, you need to give them time to learn defenses and get adjusted to the speed of the NFL game.  If you see the amount of young talent on the team now, everyone can see that with expierience and playing time, they will only get better.

Your short-sighted insistence that Brady Quinn will be a good fit for Buffalo is right up there with the other idiotic things you've said in the past 3 days.  He'd get killed behind our line, plus we'd have to wait another 3 years for him to develop, in which time you'll be screaming for the next college QB your currently jockin' because your so impatient.

Shouldn't you be rooting for Miami or something?  I'm sure they could use your great football insight to help their team.

845080[/snapback]

do it in one year or out . i like jp

845072[/snapback]

Definitely, and that's why the Texans have been "rebuilding" since they came into the league. Wait, what? So I guess five years of drafting high wasn't enough.

Hopefully they have lots of really informed fans like you who know enough to hope for them to lose so they can finally get some wins come 2037.

I wonder what number Quinn will wear here in Buffalo?

845072[/snapback]

The better question is what uniform.

What was I thinking? Of course you are so right.

How could I ever doubt a QB who has had his best two games against the teams that picked 1st and 4th in last years draft. :lol:  ;)  :lol:

845060[/snapback]

I seriously was impressed with how JP played last week regardless of the opponent, and I was on the ledge ready to jump off that JP bandwagon last week. Houston had been playing very good football as of late and JP lit them up. Oh yeah and he's not playing CFL teams, he just beat a real NFL team, and has earned a right to play again next season especially if he looks decent this week.

Thanks Bill, it's interesting to see that they did in fact upgrade their O line and gave them time to jell before getting Manning.  All Manning pretty much had to do was get used to the speed of the NFL and throw the damn ball.

844679[/snapback]

Intersting indeed, and the proper way to construct an NFL football team.

Taking this a step further, they drafted James with their 1st round pick in 1999, which afforded Manning with a back who could run, catch and block.

The reason that the Colts didn't win a superbowl was because after this, they drafted too many defensive backs and missed in general with their defensive draft picks. The cap space wasn't there for free agents you see, and aside from Freeney, their defensive draft choices were suspect.

This is why much of the Bills future depends on Jason Peters imo. Coming into this season, Losman's blindside was "protected" by Gandy, who was a literal disaster. If Peters continues to play well, the sky is the limit in terms of what the Bills will be able to draft at other positions, let alone if Pennington can play (too early to speculate but he IS getting his reps).

If Marv can break his proven losing trend and stop drafting defensive backs with our early picks, the Bills actually have a shot at being a strong football team. Sadly, I do not expect this madness to end.

If he drafts another first round db, odds are that we will continue to lose football games.

Imo it is just that simple.

You do understand the leap from college to NFL isn't a walk in the park right?  With QB's especially, you need to give them time to learn defenses and get adjusted to the speed of the NFL game.  If you see the amount of young talent on the team now, everyone can see that with expierience and playing time, they will only get better.

Your short-sighted insistence that Brady Quinn will be a good fit for Buffalo is right up there with the other idiotic things you've said in the past 3 days.  He'd get killed behind our line, plus we'd have to wait another 3 years for him to develop, in which time you'll be screaming for the next college QB your currently jockin' because your so impatient.

Shouldn't you be rooting for Miami or something?  I'm sure they could use your great football insight to help their team.

845080[/snapback]

That compared to a QB that will never develop into a solid NFL QB?

You're right. It will take another three years to develop a college QB. That's why I want to start the clock asap.

And don't tell me who to root for. I'm not the one putting a scrub QB ahead of the best interests of the franchise. Just because Loseman makes your panties wet doesn't mean he is the future of the Bills. There is 3 years of history that says other wise.

Do you posters actually write your posts each day? Or do you grab your old posts and type in Loseman's name over Rob Johnson's. The more things change the more they stay the same.

You're right. It will take another three years to develop a college QB. That's why I want to start the clock asap.

845153[/snapback]

The best part is if we do draft another QB, you'll be the first one demanding to "re-start the clock" again.

Or maybe his rookie struggles will be bad enough that we get more high draft picks. AWESOME!

;)

If Marv can break his proven losing trend and stop drafting defensive backs with our early picks...

Will you PLEASe get off the "if Marv will stop drafting DB's..." mantra! :lol:

And Leinart, who was INFINITELY more prepared to play in the NFL than Quinn will ever be, has looked like crap despite having 2 Pro Bowl WR's and a Pro Bowl RB. Ah yes, but Quinn will be different. ;)

:lol:

You this hard on Willis?

What has he done?

I think we'll be drafting his replacement,  long before drafting Jp's.

842168[/snapback]

He wasn't that hard on him, what he said was right, one game against a dismal defense does not make a career. We need him to remain consistent. I'm excited about what I saw though and hopefully Jauron continues to allow him to throw 30+ passes a game.

845153[/snapback]

Good thing its not up to you :lol:

And don't tell me who to root for. I'm not the one putting a scrub QB ahead of the best interests of the franchise. Just because Loseman makes your panties wet doesn't mean he is the future of the Bills. There is 3 years of history that says other wise.

845153[/snapback]

Heck who wears panties......... But then again your probably pi$$ing all over yourself after last weeks performance.

Do you posters actually write your posts each day? Or do you grab your old posts and type in Loseman's name over Rob Johnson's. The more things change the more they stay the same.

845153[/snapback]

For once we agree, your negitivity has well been documented in all variations. So why dont you post some New Oppinions ;)

Just because Loseman makes your panties wet doesn't mean he is the future of the Bills. There is 3 years of history that says other wise.

845153[/snapback]

You're right yet again.

He's been playing for three years now and he should figure it out by now. Who cares that he's been managed by a bunch of chuckleheads who have single-handedly stunted his growth. That means nothing because...well...it's been three years and regardless of who has managed you or who has coached you or who has trained you in those three years, it's still three years. Just like it's been 16 games for him, and that's the equivalent of an entire season even it if wasn't the equivalent of an entire season.

But now that there's a glimmer of hope that he's starting to figure it out after three years, sixteen games and two management changes, and could possibly be making progress, that's bad because he will ultimately win games, and winning games, to quote your genius self, destroys this franchise.

You are proof positive that some people come here simply and exclusively to say idiotic things to piss people off. And that's a compliment because it assumes you're really not that idiotic.

But I could be totally wrong about that.

You're right yet again.

He's been playing for three years now and he should figure it out by now. Who cares that he's been managed by a bunch of chuckleheads who have single-handedly stunted his growth. That means nothing because...well...it's been three years and regardless of who has managed you or who has coached you or who has trained you in those three years, it's still three years. Just like it's been 16 games for him, and that's the equivalent of an entire season even it if wasn't the equivalent of an entire season.

But now that there's a glimmer of hope that he's starting to figure it out after three years, sixteen games and two management changes, and could possibly be making progress, that's bad because he will ultimately win games, and winning games, to quote your genius self, destroys this franchise.

You are proof positive that some people come here simply and exclusively to say idiotic things to piss people off. And that's a compliment because it assumes you're really not that idiotic.

But I could be totally wrong about that.

845416[/snapback]

yet you still devote time to a lengthy response...

Will you PLEASe get off the "if Marv will stop drafting DB's..." mantra! :blink:

And Leinart, who was INFINITELY more prepared to play in the NFL than Quinn will ever be, has looked like crap despite having 2 Pro Bowl WR's and a Pro Bowl RB.  Ah yes, but Quinn will be different. <_<

:blink:

845286[/snapback]

The draft was what it was and Marv's history is what it is.

As for Leinart, certainly you are not saying that I wanted to draft him! I would not have selected him under any circumstances.

The draft was what it was and Marv's history is what it is.

As for Leinart, certainly you are not saying that I wanted to draft him! I would not have selected him under any circumstances.

845570[/snapback]

What positions would you have rather had them draft?

QB (Kelly/Reich/Collins-back in the day Fans would boo Kelly and call for Todd - disgusting!!!)?

RB (Thomas/Davis/Smith)?

WR (REED/Lofton/Brooks/Early/Beebe/Moulds)?

TE (McKellar/Metz)?

DE (Smith/Hansen)?

LB (Conlon/Talley/Biscuit/Paup/Bailey/Patton/Maddox/Rogers/Holecek)?

DT (Wright/Washington/Williams)

That leaves DB and OL, we all know how well highly drafted OL can turn out....