OT: Who are you voting for

RVJ

Are you voting for Kerry or Bush ?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Are you voting for Kerry or Bush ?

• Kerry
    • Bush
    • Other

Go Bills. Coy Wire Sucks.

But again, now that we KNOW Iraq didnt have any WOMD, don't you think this war was rushed? Do you think we could have waited for UN support? Just askin

61363[/snapback]

We never would have received UN support. This isn't the place for discussing global strategies, the dynamics of asymetrical warfare, or the operational philosophies of Al Qaida. For one thing, it would be a minimum of 10 paragraphs just to lay out the situation.

Without going into a detail, and for what it's worth, I had access to much of the same consolidated intelligence information that was used in the decision making. Based on what was thought to be known at the time as well as several other issues directly related to the Global War on Terror, the decision to invade was prudent. Hindsight is usually 20-20. The strategies involved in prosecuting the GWOT are sound. Some of the execution is flawed.

When you go to Kerry's website, and look at his National Defense bullet points, it's sad to note that what he is proposing is already being done by the current administration. His execution philosophies though, i'm sorry to say-are just plain wrong. He knows that, and will never use them, but he'll say that stuff now to get elected.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But again, now that we KNOW Iraq didnt have any WOMD, don't you think this war was rushed? Do you think we could have waited for UN support? Just askin

61363[/snapback]

UN support for what? The UN wasn't supporting anything but ignoring the problem and lining their own pockets. How come you aren't outraged about the massive UN Oil for Food scandal?

UN support for what?  The UN wasn't supporting anything but ignoring the problem and lining their own pockets.  How come you aren't outraged about the massive UN Oil for Food scandal?

61394[/snapback]

There was never a script on " Survivor " that covered that.

I voted for Bush in 2000 and have wanted to vote for him in 2004. I have never bought the extreme crap spoken about either of these candidates. But I just cannot find a reason to vote FOR W. Any of us would be fired if we had put in the same performance W has. Yea great job after 911....but tell me you don't anyone in your life that could not have spoken and led the way he di in the week after 911...Hell you probably said the same things he did....I like the guy, would like to sit at my back fence and drink a beer with him...opps I forgot he doesn't drink....well you get my drift, Clinton was impeached for lying about BJ's!!! What happens to Bush? Please don't try to cover up his administrations lies. The Clinton folks lied and so have the Bush folks...I'm thinking Bushes have been MUCH worse.

My signature I think says it all.

Never in American history have the rights of our citizens been so eroded. GW told us all to be afraid of terror. A true leader, Franklin D. Roosevelt once told a scared American public "there is nothing to fear but fear itself."

A strong leader instills confidence in his followers in order to lead, a weak one instills fear.

my .02

Kerry....lesser of two evils. This for me is like voting for Kevin Gilbride or Dan Henning to be Bills OC.

peace

Wow 137 views and only 24 voted. I hope the ones that chose not to vote here.

Vote when the real deal comes in November.

60560[/snapback]

A lot of folks know that this topic belongs on the PPP board and so won't bother with it.

There's been a rash of these lately. What's next? A totally false post about military draft reinstitution, like that phony e-mail campaign?

I don't think Kerry would necessarily be a bad president, but I just can't stomach the man personally. He would be in over his head as well (and for those of you who say W is in over his head too...well, at least he had the sense to hire grownups from his dad's administration to help out. And I say W has the last word on everything. He demands loyalty.)

In addition, those who say he's evil and dumb speak out of both sides of their mouth, calling him conniving. It's either one or the other. W can't be both dumb and conniving at the same time.

So my answer is, George W. Bush.

Mike

I come from this with two viewpoints..first retired Navy, many military members are so GI Joe gun happy....they like Bush. We lost a close friend in Iraq, his 3 kids did not have to be fatherless, he was a damn reserve. Don't get me wrong, WWI, WWII, those were reasons to die for. WMD, Oil...not a good reason to give your life. Now I am a special educator, GW's No Child Left Behind, Hey W, come spend a week in my classroom, check out the reality you have no clue about. Bush wants no child left behind, but they have never funded it. State funds here in Virginia had to be used. ABB (anybody but Bush)..Elect Stevestrojan or Spiked Lemonade

I come from this with two viewpoints..first retired Navy, many military members are so GI Joe gun happy....they like Bush.  We lost a close friend in Iraq, his 3 kids did not have to be fatherless, he was a damn reserve.  Don't get me wrong, WWI, WWII, those were reasons to die for.  WMD, Oil...not a good reason to give your life.  Now I am a special educator, GW's No Child Left Behind, Hey W, come spend a week in my classroom, check out the reality you have no clue about.  Bush wants no child left behind, but they have never funded it.  State funds here in Virginia had to be used.  ABB (anybody but Bush)..Elect Stevestrojan or Spiked Lemonade

61639[/snapback]

;)

I honestly think the war is the key issue here.  I don't think anyone can see past that. I am one of those. And I'm voting for Kerry. ( I voted for Bush last time, and I apologize to the world for that).

61340[/snapback]

you ARE one of those. One of those who is so narrow-minded that the ONLY THING YOU CAN SEE IS WHAT THE MEDIA TELLS YOU ABOUT THIS WAR?

That's all you're basing your vote on. Like I said, you definately are voting for the right candidate with that criteria. Nothing but the war, huh. Beautiful. That's where allot of Kerry's votes will come from and it's sad. How myopic.

with that kind of voting, we are billsfanone.

you ARE one of those. One of those who is so narrow-minded that the ONLY THING YOU CAN SEE IS WHAT THE MEDIA TELLS YOU ABOUT THIS WAR?

That's all you're basing your vote on. Like I said, you definately are voting for the right candidate with that criteria. Nothing but the war, huh. Beautiful. That's where allot of Kerry's votes will come from and it's sad. How myopic.

with that kind of voting, we are billsfanone.

61678[/snapback]

Ok, well what are you basing you're vote on? And please don't give me a loud, sarcastic response. At my age, in my income bracket, etc, etc, explain to me why Bush would be the better choise, or at least what issues are bigger than the war?

Ok, well what are you basing you're vote on? And please don't give me a loud, sarcastic response. At my age, in my income bracket, etc, etc, explain to me why Bush would be the better choise, or at least what issues are bigger than the war?

61682[/snapback]

i've been anything but sarcastic when it comes to this. Also, are you kidding me???? I'm not going to sit here and give you ALL my reasons. I don't have enough time to enlighten you, and you wouldn't read it all anyway. You should spend some time away from this board.

That's just it. You can take less than ONE minute and fit all your reasons to vote for Kerry (or not vote for Bush) on a thread like this. I can't. And I won't.

Go vote, but beware of the hanging chads.

i've been anything but sarcastic when it comes to this. Also, are you kidding me???? I'm not going to sit here and give you ALL my reasons. I don't have enough time to enlighten you, and you wouldn't read it all anyway. You should spend some time away from this board.

That's just it. You can take less than ONE minute and fit all your reasons to vote for Kerry (or not vote for Bush) on a thread like this. I can't. And I won't.

61690[/snapback]

i am for bush too, but that is pretty weak. he asks for your reasons to vote for bush and you tell him there are too many?? at least give him a couple instead of making it seem like there are none.

61690[/snapback]

See, that's exactly what i wasnt looking for, yet knew to expect.

If you really want to educate me at all, send me a PM. If there's some glaring error i am missing (since I dont follow politics closely and do use the MEDIA, since I am unfortunatly not privy to inside Washington information) let me know. Seriously. Or, just insult me again. Your choice.

I'm not voting. It's not like my vote would make the difference. Plus, i'm dyslexic and too stupid to follow simple voting instructions.

just kidding

I honestly haven't made my mind up yet. I'll do that after the last debate.

A dead hooker in the trunk of your car doesn't count Ken.

61710[/snapback]

Don't need to pay for it either. Besides, why would I want your sloppy seconds.

You really need to try harder with your retorts. These are embarrassing.

See, that's exactly what i wasnt looking for, yet knew to expect.

If you really want to educate me at all, send me a PM. If there's some glaring error i am missing (since I dont follow politics closely and do use the MEDIA, since I am unfortunatly not privy to inside Washington information) let me know. Seriously. Or, just insult me again. Your choice.

61700[/snapback]

Steve, I'm voting for Bush because believe it or not he takes care of our military. He's willing to do whatever it takes to protect this country. I don't want my family living in fear or have to worry about my children being killed by some idiot terrorist. If that means making a rash decision such as the war in Iraq then so be it. While I feel bad for those that have died (a few of my friends are included in that toll) we all signed the contract willingly. Reservist recalled or active duty WE signed the contract to follow our commander in chief's orders. I support President Bush 100%. The economy may not be the best right now but that's to be expected considering everything that has happened in the world. There are many other reasons and in the interest of keeping this short I'll leave it at that. Just my opinion and my feelings.

After reading Mr. Crippens platform I can't support him.  I don't like the idea of even more millitary spending and his budget plan seems weak to me.

Sorry Ken.

61742[/snapback]

What about the plan is weak? I am all for a decrease in government spending, which in turn will reduce the deficit and reduce the tax burdon on the American taxpayers.

The military spending is on benefits for military personnel and their families.

What about the plan is weak? I am all for a decrease in government spending, which in turn will reduce the deficit and reduce the tax burdon on the American taxpayers.

The military spending is on benefits for military personnel and their families.

61750[/snapback]

I think there are plenty of benefits for soldiers and their families. They get housing money, etc etc etc. My brother just got 2400 dollars for his move to North Dakota, most of which he won't even use for that.

As far as post death benefits go I do agree with you there, we don't do enough for families of fallen soldiers.

As far as the economic plan........it's alright, but nowhere do you say anything about cutting taxes. Sure you are going to cut spending and not increase taxes, but taxes are too high as it is. The average Joe like myself has a tough time paying bills when a good portion of our wages is taken from us.

I'm totally against your civil rights stance. Affirmative Action is the biggest sham in America right now.

I'm with you on NAFTA and the U.N though.

I think there are plenty of benefits for soldiers and their families.  They get housing money, etc etc etc.  My brother just got 2400 dollars for his move to North Dakota, most of which he won't even use for that.

As far as post death benefits go I do agree with you there, we don't do enough for families of fallen soldiers.

As far as the economic plan........it's alright, but nowhere do you say anything about cutting taxes.  Sure you are going to cut spending and not increase taxes, but taxes are too high as it is.  The average Joe like myself has a tough time paying bills when a good portion of our wages is taken from us.

I'm totally against your civil rights stance.  Affirmative Action is the biggest sham in America right now.

61763[/snapback]

I do mention cutting taxes, but some things need to happen first. What I mention on the website, is that I will freeze the tax rates where they are. I then must tackle spending. Get that under control, use the surplus to decrease the deficit, and then give an across the board tax cut.

What is wrong with the civil rights stance? I agree with you on AA. Are you referring to Gay Marriage?