Offseason DT...

Haynesworth anyone? And if your going to say no, don't say because " He's not a character guy", that's total bs, sure what he did was pretty repulsive but I dont think you can expect him to act up like that again. Hes only 26, and stands a 6'6,320, and is one hell of an athlete for his size, he can get upfield and pressure the QB. I know we like this smaller, quick DT's but at some point you need some size and girth, and hey, lets be honest, our DL could use a little bit of attitude as well, what do you think

Haynesworth anyone? And if your going to say no, don't say because " He's not a character guy", that's total bs, sure what he did was pretty repulsive but I dont think you can expect him to act up like that again. Hes only 26, and stands a 6'6,320, and is one hell of an athlete for his size, he can get upfield and pressure the QB. I know we like this smaller, quick DT's but at some point you need some size and girth, and hey, lets be honest, our DL could use a little bit of attitude as well, what do you think

840250[/snapback]

Marv would never buy off on that!

840250[/snapback]

for the right price go for it. he was punished with a fine and suspension and everything he did indicates he was sorry and he's dealt with his inner demons.

840250[/snapback]

I don't see management actively seeking a starting DT. As they got one last year in Triplett and likely feel that McCargo/Williams are quality 1/2 which means we might be in lines for a back up/competition for Tim Anderson. A guy that might be smart to target be Bears' Ian Scott.

You would have to convince the Marv and the coaching staff, particularly Perry Fewell, not only that Haynesworth's character is not flawed, but that a 320 lb 6'6" DT is the type of player Buffalo needs fot the Tampa 2 offence. Good luck.

840250[/snapback]

I'd take him any day of the week.

Just to throw this out there the titans have the worst defense in the nfl 31st in rush. The Bills with our smaller dt's 20th.

Before Haynesworth 5 game suspension the titans gave up

91,241,159. and 97(before he got kicked out in the 3rd quater for stomping on the cowboys center head)

Tell me again why we should sign Haynesworth... Oh yeah because he's fat :D

Pass

I did not realize Haynesworth will be a FA. I do know he has been in and out of Fisher's dog house from day one. Also, he hasn't played a full season since his rookie year. He can definitely be a force when he's in there, and the Bills alleged interest in swapping Clements for McFarland near the trade deadline would lend credibility that they could very well be seeking out an upgrade at DT. Bills won't get into a bidding war for Haynesworth and Ralph doesn't like to take risks on players like Haynesworth. I see Atlanta or Tampa as potetial suitors.

Just to throw this out there the titans have the worst defense in the nfl 31st in rush. The Bills with our smaller dt's 20th.

Before Haynesworth 5 game suspension the titans gave up

91,241,159. and 97(before he got kicked out in the 3rd quater for stomping on the cowboys center head)

Tell me again why we should sign Haynesworth... Oh yeah because he's fat

Is that all Haynesworth's fault? News flash there are 11 guys on defense and if half of them stink I dont care how good a specific player is the unit will blow. And nobody wants him because hes fat, its because hes a massive body who is actually quite athletic for a man his size, watch him play a few times before you just look at some numbers and his weight and assume things, if you think this team wouldnt benefit from having a guy like him rather than Tripplett and Kyle Williams you obviously havent watched too many Bills games either

I'm all for bringing in another dt.  Id prefer it not to be albert haynesworth.  I just dont think the guy is very good.

840924[/snapback]

I was just throwing it out there, his own coach said prior to the incident he was playing the best football of his career, and from games I say he was quite disruptive and powerful on the interior line.

840250[/snapback]

They definately need another DT, this team is right back to the point it was at in Gregg Williams first season. Hopefully they won't be in denial about it like the Bills were then, that cost them a playoff spot in Williams second year, otherwise remembered as the glory year of Drew Bledsoe in Buffalo. Even if McCargo becomes a good player, which is a huge "if" because he has done jackschitt (except be hurt or average) since High School, they need quality to replace Triplett and Anderson who just plain suck. It would be wise for the Bills to take a pro-active approach to either getting a run stopper or finding a Tampa-2 playmaking DT(unlikely to find), even if it means gambling. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Either way, they have more work to do than any other team in the NFL this offseason, because they have key players to sign or replace in addition to being in need of about 4 new OL and a TE and depth about everywhere.

They will need a ton of up front money just to retain or remotley replace Clements, Fletcher and Kelsay let alone try to improve the team. IMO, this offseason we will find out if Ralph Wilson has the will to adapt and compete in the new NFL after an offseason where his team signed nothing but junk free agents(albeit overpaid for them), was roundly criticized for it, and the critics turned out to be exactly right.

If they stand pat, lose more talent or go back to the scrap heap Ralph will be skewered like never before.

If they stand pat, lose more talent or go back to the scrap heap Ralph will be skewered like never before.

I dont't want to get off on a rant here but:

Its a team and a business...There is no perfect recipe...if there was everyone would have the perfect team....right ?

Heres an idea...LIGHTEN THE F**k UP.....You have an NFL franchise

Not many places have that destinction....Ya our team sucks and loses and tears

your heart out every sunday but for the love of GOD....sit back be thankful

have a brew...take your midol and change that flippin dirty rag your on...

Now, as a person who loves a team that blows and knows what its like to get your ass kicked all over the field...Haynesworth...MOFO was havin' one of those days

he acted out...I'm sure if your honest with yourself...you can think of a time where you did something wrong..something bad..and you knew it...but your still not a complete douche for the rest of your life right ??

HARD COLD fact...TAMPA & the TAMPA 2 had Warren Sapp who could stop the rum and get up field ON A CONSISTENT basis...the BILLS dont have a player like that....

Can Haynesworth be that guy.???? If you can get him for the right price are you willing to give the guy a second chance ?

It could be worse...Al Davis could be the owner of the Bills...i