What is your most favorite Star Wars fight/battle?

Best Star Wars Fight!  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Best Star Wars Fight!

• Qui Gon & Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul
    • Obi Wan vs. General Grievous
    • Anakin, Obiwan & Yoda vs. Count Dooku
    • Anakin vs. Count Dooku
    • Yoda vs. Palpatine
    • Anakin vs. Obi Wan (Revenge of the Sith)
    • Obi Wan Vs. Darth Vader (A New Hope)
    • Luke vs. Darth Vader (Empire Strikes Back)
    • Luke vs. Darth Vader (Return of the Jedi)
    • Battle of Hoth
    • Battle of Naboo
    • Battle of Endor
    • Other (less significant (ground) fights)
    • Other (space fights)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say Anakin vs. Obi Wan in Revenge of the Sith.  Best lightsaber fight!

838492[/snapback]

Meh. IMO the fight scenes in the recent films sucked. Way too much of that flipping around Jet Li nonsense. I hate that.

Give me a good old fashion lightsabre duel between father and son.

Meh.  IMO the fight scenes in the recent films sucked.  Way too much of that flipping around Jet Li nonsense.  I hate that.

Give me a good old fashion lightsabre duel between father and son.

838842[/snapback]

I'm more of a barroom brawl in an old western, or even better a Three Stooges pie fight.

I always really liked the Qui Gon/Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul fight. Top notch choreography.

838836[/snapback]

I loved it with the music and how Obi Wan was trapped and helpless behind the "laser door" when Darth Maul killed Qui Gon. That was a great moment (maybe the only good one in that movie.)

I voted other.  I voted for the spacefight against the original death star, it's there that we meet the best Star Wars character ever......Jek Porkins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jek_Porkins

839287[/snapback]

LOL!! How cool would it have been if, when he was busy doing all his touch-ups and additions to the first three films, Lucas would have had that guy with a hot dog in one hand and a beer in the other.

Where the hell is the Battle for the Death Star?  :(

838652[/snapback]

A glaring omission ;)

Battle of Yavin / Death Star Trench Run from Episode IV is the best Star Wars battle

Battle of Endor (the one in space, not the fruity Ewok fight) and the opening space battle of Episode III were pretty sweet too

I voted other.  I voted for the spacefight against the original death star, it's there that we meet the best Star Wars character ever......Jek Porkins.

839287[/snapback]

Don't forget this guy:

Bren Derlin was a Rebel Alliance field officer assigned to the Rebel base on Hoth around the time of the Battle of Hoth. When Han Solo and Luke Skywalker were stranded in a blizzard, Derlin was the one to inform Princess Leia that the shield doors to Echo Base had to be closed for the night.

He survived Hoth and also fought at Endor, and subsequently served in New Republic Intelligence; he was promoted to Colonel before the Thrawn Offensive. By the time of the Yevetha Crisis he was a Brigadier General.

As portrayed by John Ratzenberger, the character only appears in The Empire Strikes Back. However, the NPR radio adaptation of Return of the Jedi gives him a role, as the leader of the team of Rebel troops that Han solo brings to Endor, and, more specifically, as the one who disguises himself as a stormtrooper to cover Solo's team as they enter the Imperial bunker.

Derlin appears on a Star Wars trading card, where it is noted that "at the Mos Eisley Cantina, everybody knows his name," a reference to Cliff Clavin the mailman, John Ratzenberger's character from Cheers.

That's right. Cliff Friggin' Clavin fought for the Rebel Alliance. When you take that into account, it's pretty obvious who was going to win the war.

"You know the reason Hoth is so cold actually has nothing to do with its distance from the sun. You see, Normie, Hoth isn't a planet per se but....."

839287[/snapback]

I think you meant to say Admiral Ackbar. IT'S A TRAP!!!!! People love making fun of this line. :w00t:

Completely agreed. Luke Vader II was far and away the best duel. Its a classic medieval duel too, with classic swordsmanship and sword fighting. Not all of this ninja jump everywhere sh-- from the prequels. Its just 2 warriors, slugging away at each other, attack, parry, attack again. The prequels were too concerned with flipping and hopping around it was tough to actually tell when they were trying to hit each other. In Luke Vader, they are plain and simply trying to hack the other to pieces and defending themsevles. A great duel.

838682[/snapback]

kinda like another classic medieval dual