You know who coud play

crazyDingo

You know who could play behind this line?

FLUTIE!

I'm not even a big Flutie fan but he had this instinct that made him run around like crazy until something opened up. He was king of busted plays. Maybe being so short made him develop this blind instinct about who was where as he was scrambling around.

I hoped when we drafted JP we got a qb who had RJ's physical tools and Flutie's moxie.

Nope.

Maybe JP should stop watching Hollywood movies for inspiration and break out some old Flutie game tapes. But I guess that kind of thing cant be taught.

I'm not into college football, but was JP that kind of QB in college? What was it they saw in him?

JP was running around before and made things happen but he hasnt done that in the last two weeks.

Flashback to the Lions game where he ran across the field twice and threw a bomb to Roscoe Parrish.

835696[/snapback]

But we lost that game so he sucks

Please no comparisons to Flutie. I am a Canadian who live around Toronto and Hamilton (2 cities with CFL teams with Ties to Flutie, Hamilton had his brother playing WR and Toronto had a couple years of midget love for the QB) and I can't stand the guy, he never impressed me much. I think he had the biggest impact when coaches didn't know what to expect from him in his first couple seasons, then they figured him out and he went back to being a career backup only getting hype for a gimmick play

FLUTIE!

I'm not even a big Flutie fan but he had this instinct that made him run around like crazy until something opened up. He was king of busted plays. Maybe being so short made him develop this blind instinct about who was where as he was scrambling around.

I hoped when we drafted JP we got a qb who had RJ's physical tools and Flutie's moxie.

Nope.

Maybe JP should stop watching Hollywood movies for inspiration and break out some old Flutie game tapes. But I guess that kind of thing cant be taught.

I'm not into college football, but was JP that kind of QB in college? What was it they saw in him?

835686[/snapback]

FLUTIE!

Nope.

835686[/snapback]

It appears the coaching staff have reined him in and don't want him running around. It may be to the point, he's thinking to much about not running that' he's losing all instincts.

JP was running around before and made things happen but he hasnt done that in the last two weeks.

Flashback to the Lions game where he ran across the field twice and threw a bomb to Roscoe Parrish.

835696[/snapback]

I am going to take a radical view here for a moment.... The Coaching Staff is being VERY careful with J.P. Losman with his learning curve in regards to staying in the pocket and building the discipline to do so, and working through his progressions. I also am beginning to believe that the playcalling is being handled in such a way as to NOT shatter his confidence while this team rebuilds. If someone labels the results as ultra consevative, then I'd tend to agree! Think about this for a moment, bad habits are generally witnessed throughout this type of process (Rebuilding), in the NFL, and washouts at Quarterback are evident because of it historically. If the braintrust DOES think that given time, J.P. can be the answer, it would make all these points valid to some extent. It seems to me that Dick Jauron and Steve Fairchild are probably making him aware that this is the plan for his success, and that he must face the fire of being in the crosshairs with fans, and the media in 2006, so 2007 can become the turning point in his career. A tough pill to swallow, but sometimes discression is the better part of valor. This is another spin, so blast away sportsfans!!!

I am going to take a radical view here for a moment.... The Coaching Staff is being VERY careful with J.P. Losman with his learning curve in regards to staying in the pocket and building the discipline to do so, and working through his progressions. I also am beginning to believe that the playcalling is being handled in such a way as to NOT shatter his confidence while this team rebuilds. If someone labels the results as ultra consevative, then I'd tend to agree! Think about this for a moment, bad habits are generally witnessed throughout this type of process (Rebuilding), in the NFL, and washouts at Quarterback are evident because of it historically. If the braintrust DOES think that given time, J.P. can be the answer, it would make all these points valid to some extent. It seems to me that Dick Jauron and Steve Fairchild are probably making him aware that this is the plan for his success, and that he must face the fire of being in the crosshairs with fans, and the media in 2006, so 2007 can become the turning point in his career. A tough pill to swallow, but sometimes discression is the better part of valor. This is another spin, so blast away sportsfans!!!

836269[/snapback]

No blasting. It makes a lot of sense. It just isn't fun to watch! Neither is losing! But it could work.

836269[/snapback]

Good point. I also think that history has shown that DJ believes in building a strong defense and relying on the running game on offense. Get used to seeing the 8/12 days like that from Losman. He's doing what the coaching staff requires of him. Maybe all this forcing him to stay in the pocket will eventually reap dividends, when he HAS to throw the ball. That is, of course, if the OL can protect.

Nope.

835686[/snapback]

To me JP has brought out the worst in Doug and Rob. In that he has Rob's physical skills yet he seems to take a sack at the wrong time and at the same time is like Doug in that he turns the ball over. That said I'm still hoping he can turn it all around by seasons end. Though my patience is wearing thin week by week.