Call That A Game Plan?

There has to be something wrong with the blocking scheme we employ. Every game there seems to be a defender running unblocked at JP at some point. Since we have made this shuffle it has gotten 10 times worse so that now he doesn't even have the chance to setup. It's one thing to have a TE chip a DE but another to have him blocking one. CV got hurt later in the game and let's hope it last another week and that Reyes is healthy. Then maybe we can plug him in and he can be an upgrade over CV.

There has to be something wrong with the blocking scheme we employ. Every game there seems to be a defender running unblocked at JP at some point. Since we have made this shuffle it has gotten 10 times worse so that now he doesn't even have the chance to setup. It's one thing to have a TE chip a DE but another to have him blocking one. CV got hurt later in the game and let's hope it last another week and that Reyes is healthy. Then maybe we can plug him in and he can be an upgrade over CV.

835043[/snapback]

If someone is coming unblocked it generally means someone should be open for a quick pass.

If someone is coming unblocked it generally means someone should be open for a quick pass.

835046[/snapback]

And it would help if the coaching staff realized that as well and called more such plays. JP doesn't call the plays or even audibles. He just call the plays given to him. And it's one thing to have a LB or DB come in unblocked but another when a D-linemane is unblocked.

835046[/snapback]

yeah...in this case it was the tight end who whiffed on his block and was standing there with his head up his ass as the qb was sacked. I don't think passing to him would have done much.

835046[/snapback]

When people say, "someone is coming in unblocked" they're not talking about a blitz where there are more rushers than blockers. They're talking about the DE or DT lined up right in front of an OL who just runs right by the man who is supposed to block him.

I'd imagine if you watched the games you'd know this and not assume it was a blitz. I don't remember the Colts blitzing much, if at all, yesterday. Why blitz when you can get contstant pressure without doing so.

Wouldn't hurt if Losman could get rid of the ball before he gets sacked

835096[/snapback]

Now that is funny. Losman loves the ball so much that he refused to part with it. He would rather take a sack rather than have a incompletion. After all it helps boost his completion percentage....Something that probably Rob Johnson told him over the phone.....please....The guy does not have a chance to even lift his arm to throw the ball before the 350lb DT is on him.

If you want a perfect example of the clusterf**k our O-line has become, go back to the 2nd quarter yesterday. Mike Gandy is blocking his man when he sees Dwight Freeney go wide. The TE picks up Freeney but Gandy doesn't know that. Instead he stops blocking and turns to his right to see what was going on.

At that moment, the guy Gandy was blocking runs right past him untouched and sacks Losman. I'm not saying JP Losman is the answer, but pick any QB in the NFL and put him behind our O-line and the rsults will be exactly the same.

PTR

At that moment, the guy Gandy was blocking runs right past him untouched and sacks Losman.  I'm not saying JP Losman is the answer, but pick any QB in the NFL and put him behind our O-line and the rsults will be exactly the same. 

PTR

835221[/snapback]

I wish Mike Gandy is cut today for just that single play.

When people say, "someone is coming in unblocked" they're not talking about a blitz where there are more rushers than blockers.  They're talking about the DE or DT lined up right in front of an OL who just runs right by the man who is supposed to block him.

I'd imagine if you watched the games you'd know this and not assume it was a blitz.  I don't remember the Colts blitzing much, if at all, yesterday.  Why blitz when you can get contstant pressure without doing so.

835195[/snapback]

Why would Indy blitz when they know that covering the bills will surely result in a sack 2-3 seconds from the time the ball is snapped.....They blitzed alright .......run blitz......there is no need to blitz against this off. line because the recievers cannot find a seam to get open....peerless price was a waste of good money...........Hey, don't bother pointing out the obvious to people on this board when they think that guys coming unblocked ( DE-DT) should mean that a reciever will be open. I'm not sure what game they were watching......JP connects on a regular basis when he has time, which isn't very often........

Reality...........the bills were 2 plays from beating the colts on the road and the same people bitching today predicted a 50 point blowout ..go figure????

I'm not sure where the 2 plays could have come from...It would be nice to see this line make one so that the qb could make one, and maybe one from the kicker......... :devil:

Now that is funny.  Losman loves the ball so much that he refused to part with it. He would rather take a sack rather than have a incompletion.  After all it helps boost his completion percentage....Something that probably Rob Johnson told him over the phone.....please....The guy does not have a chance to even lift his arm to throw the ball before the 350lb DT is on him.

835218[/snapback]

He had plenty of time to throw another long bomb 2 yards out of bounds.He had plenty of time to throw 5 yards wide to Peerless on third and 10. The excuses are old. The bottom line for Losman is, if he had something to good to show we would have ssen it by now. He has done nothing positive that we can hang our hat on and say..there it is that is why we have been playing him and suffering for 2 yrs. He continues to make the same throwing errors, shows absolutely zero pocket presence or awareness and so far has demonstrated not any leadership on the field that I have seen. He just doesnt get it. I doubt he ever will. Regardless of the oline I do not foresee JP ever making it as QB of the Buffalo Bills. Time to move on....

Why would Indy blitz when they know that covering the bills will surely result in a sack 2-3 seconds from the time the ball is snapped.....They blitzed alright .......run blitz......there is no need to blitz against this off. line because the recievers cannot find a seam to get open....peerless price was a waste of good money...........Hey, don't bother pointing out the obvious to people on this board when they think that guys coming unblocked ( DE-DT) should mean that a reciever will be open. I'm not sure what game they were watching......JP connects on a regular basis when he has time, which isn't very often........

Reality...........the bills were 2 plays from beating the colts on the road and the same people bitching today predicted a 50 point blowout ..go figure????

I'm not sure where the 2 plays could have come from...It would be nice to see this line make one so that the qb could make one, and maybe one from the kicker......... :devil:

835232[/snapback]

Exactly. Why blitz when the five-man OL gets CONSISTENTLY beat by a four-man rush?

There's a reason receivers are never open.