Call That A Game Plan?

Why would Indy blitz when they know that covering the bills will surely result in a sack 2-3 seconds from the time the ball is snapped.....They blitzed alright .......run blitz......there is no need to blitz against this off. line because the recievers cannot find a seam to get open....peerless price was a waste of good money...........Hey, don't bother pointing out the obvious to people on this board when they think that guys coming unblocked ( DE-DT) should mean that a reciever will be open. I'm not sure what game they were watching......JP connects on a regular basis when he has time, which isn't very often........

835232[/snapback]

Conversely, maybe the receivers can't seem to get open because it's so damn easy to generate consistent pressure against this line by rushing 4 that opponents are dropping seven men into coverage.

A better question than any being asked would be: where the hell is the play-action pass?

He had plenty of time to throw another long bomb 2 yards out of bounds.He had plenty of time to throw 5 yards wide to Peerless on third and 10. The excuses are old.  The bottom line for Losman is, if he had something to good to show we would have ssen it by now.  He has done nothing positive that we can hang our hat on and say..there it is that is why we have been playing him and suffering for 2 yrs.  He continues to make the same throwing errors, shows absolutely zero pocket presence or awareness and so far has demonstrated not any leadership on the field that I have seen. He just doesnt get it.  I doubt he ever will.  Regardless of the oline I do not foresee JP ever making it as QB of the Buffalo Bills.  Time to move on....

835235[/snapback]

You're right no one has ever thrown an incompletion. He only threw 4 yesterday 9-13. I would rather see 15-40 and say definitevely that he stinks, then what happened yesterday, where the play calling was similar to some highschool team running the power dive....

Yesterday was pathetic.

Conversely, maybe the receivers can't seem to get open because it's so damn easy to generate consistent pressure against this line by rushing 4 that opponents are dropping seven men into coverage.

A better question than any being asked would be: where the hell is the play-action pass?

835328[/snapback]

Where is the play action pass, where are the quick slants, where is the shotgun formation, where is the RB screen, where are the planned rollouts? The list goes on and on. I still don't know why this offense doesn't even attempt to mix it up a little bit.

This O is basically one of two things; 5-7 step drop, JP drops back and if Evans isn't open 10-15 yards downfield it's a sack or 3 step drop and fire it out for a WR screen (usually to Price). That's the Bills passing game in a nutshell.

It's like this coachings staff went to the exact polar opposite of Mularkey. Where Mularkey had a billion formations and tricks this one does only one or two things. Isn't there some middle ground?

Where is the play action pass, where are the quick slants, where is the shotgun formation, where is the RB screen, where are the planned rollouts?  The list goes on and on.  I still don't know why this offense doesn't even attempt to mix it up a little bit.

This O is basically one of two things; 5-7 step drop, JP drops back and if Evans isn't open 10-15 yards downfield it's a sack or 3 step drop and fire it out for a WR screen (usually to Price).  That's the Bills passing game in a nutshell.

It's like this coachings staff went to the exact polar opposite of Mularkey.  Where Mularkey had a billion formations and tricks this one does only one or two things.  Isn't there some middle ground?

835380[/snapback]

Like I've said before if you take away Evans and the guard against sideline routes you basically take away 90% of our passing game. There are no passes to the RB and TE's; I guess they are too busy blocking. So there are no guys to dump the ball off to. There are no passes across the middle after the 1st couple of sereies whent he plays are scripted. At least before the O-line shuffle, at least half the sacks where those where JP held the ball too long. Now the pressure is getting to him before he sets up.