Is it JP or not?

Frez

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Losman had 83 passing yards today. The offense produced six points. At what point do you stop blaming everyone but JP, and acknowledge that he might be part of the problem?

834110[/snapback]

Today may not be the best example for you considering that he did exactly what he was supposed to, and what one would expect of their qb on every single dropback today but one, which was an underthrown pass to Peerless on a short out.

Are you happy with JP's performance this year? Is it the game plan that's holding him back or is it JP that's holding this team back? I think he's making this offensive line look worse than it really is.

834018[/snapback]

We made the same arguments last year too. When Kelly came in we didn't do any better and had to reconstruct the line remember?

Let's see how Nall does. You cannot get worse. If the only thing we ask of our QB is to not fumble, complete a handful of passes then let's do it!

He was gift wrapped great field position multiple times and as usual takes a sack.

Are you happy with JP's performance this year? Is it the game plan that's holding him back or is it JP that's holding this team back? I think he's making this offensive line look worse than it really is.

834018[/snapback]

Not really. The offensive line is relatively ok, but I (as most of you know by now) don't like Jp and what he's done.

Today may not be the best example for you considering that he did exactly what he was supposed to, and what one would expect of their qb on every single dropback today but one, which was an underthrown pass to Peerless on a short out.

834387[/snapback]

I seem to remember more bad throws than that. But my bigger concern is that the coaches seem to be asking so little of Losman.

The offensive line is relatively ok

834476[/snapback]

0:)

Those of you who say this, or something similar, do you really believe this, or are you just setting on trashing JP? The line was absolutely horrific in pass protection today.

0:)

Those of you who say this, or something similar, do you really believe this, or are you just setting on trashing JP?  The line was absolutely horrific in pass protection today.

834487[/snapback]

No, it was all JP's fault that Pennington let his guy go through untouched to sack JP, or that the coaches designed plays were Royal was to block a Pro Bowl DE. If Rivers, Romo Lienart, Cutler, Manning, Brady, Brees, Quinn, Jesus Christ or any other QB was in that situation, they would block better. JP makes them misss blocks cause he sucks

No, it was all JP's fault that Pennington let his guy go through untouched to sack JP, or that the coaches designed plays were Royal was to block a Pro Bowl DE. If Rivers, Romo Lienart, Cutler, Manning, Brady, Brees, Quinn, Jesus Christ or any other QB was in that situation, they would block better. JP makes them misss blocks cause he sucks

834505[/snapback]

I honestly don't have a hard time believing that a better QB could make some plays even behind this O-line. The bottom line for me, though, is it wouldn't be enough plays to matter, so why waste our time daydreaming about the stud QB we're going to bring in to replace JP? JP may very well never develop into anything, but instead of chasing the dream how about we devote some resources to what has been a problem with the team FOR 10 YEARS.

This team has also not had a quality starter at QB for the last 10 years save Bledsoe for his first 8 games and Flutie in spurts. Fom Collins to Johnson to Flutie to Van Pelt to Bledsoe, none of these guys has done anything after being cut by the Bills. OL play has been bad but QB play has been just as bad if not worse over the same time period.

Here is the best way for me to answer this question.

First of all, I like JP, and I still think he is our future.

Having said that, JP is a part of the problem of the Bills offensive woes. However, JP is not the ONLY problem.

Just watching Losman play this season from last and you can see a difference.

He does'nt get flustered easily.

His passes are much better.

And he appears to have better control of the team.

Now here are the negatives.

JP continues to lock on to his receivers, causing INT's and batted down passes.

He at times instead of just taking the sack will still attempt to make a play causing a fumble or INT.

And he does not appear to want to run with the ball when all passing options are gone.

That is what I have noticed of JP this season. Yet I have noticed other things that have happened on offense.

Willis McGahee for as talented an RB that he is, continues to stutter step after handoffs and does not gain many yards on some plays.

Can anyone here on this board tell me that any one of our WR's, besides Lee Evans, has stepped up and made a difference?

Because I sure can't.

Price is doing ok, but he's hardly been spectacular.

Reed has definitely improved, but has he been a difference-maker?

Parrish has made a play or two and thats about it.

Davis & Aiken are strictly special teamers.

Our Tight Ends are a such a big puzzle, even The Riddler would have difficulty solving it.

Last but not least is our O-Line, which has been an emotional rollercoaster.

After Jason Peters, this line just looks more and more like a waste of time, if not space.

To conclude, Marv Levy spent last year working on the defense through the draft, and on offense with free agency. We'll see what he does next year.

Finally, to answer the question of this topic, Is it JP or not?

My answer is, it is both JP and it is not JP.

No fan can honestly tell me that our offensive woes are all because of JP.

If they do, then they have not been watching the Bills all season.