Losman avoids sacks no better than Bledsoe

truth on hold

Absolutely.  They are developing the guy and he's taking coaching.  They could be rolling him out or bootlegging 10 times per game and trying to squeeze out short term gains from his athleticism at the expense of learning how to be an NFL QB,  but they're not and it's the right thing to do, because this isn't a playoff team even if Losman were playing like a seasoned veteran.

834649[/snapback]

great post.

A 100 yard rusher for the terrible OL---oh I forgot that McGahee's problem were all the OLs fault as well.

People have blinders on when watching JP play.  There may be only 1-2 teams that would take him as their QB.  He stinks!  Maybe in 2-3 years he'll get how to play at this level as he did come in at a disadvantage.  He has a great work ethic, but he is not a good QB this year.

834141[/snapback]

Seneca Wallace looked great and I saw him almost get killed a few times. He avoids the sacks. Seneca Wallace has started a few games his entire career, yet he has more game presence than JP.

When Seneca Wallace looks better than JP I have to wonder why we are just waiting for JP to become mentally ready to play in a game. Tools - YES! Head -NO

1.  He has no pocket presence.

2.  He can't read coverages well.

3.  The line does suck pass blocking.

834475[/snapback]

Exactly. Let's forget the argument that he'll improve, because he may. Right now, he has no clue how to avoid a pass rush. And, for all the talk of his mobility, I never see him outrun any LBs or even defensive linemen when chased.

You don't watch much football.

835252[/snapback]

Exactly! The Browns, Cardinals, Raiders, Bucs, Texans all have indisputably worse lines that ours.

Lines just as good/bad as ours are teams like New Orleans (everyone thought they were horrible before Brees and no one expected them to win because of the O-line even with Brees and Bush), Washington, Miami, Green Bay, Tenessee, and San Fran.

Our line is average in the FA era. Get over it. Indy's line isn't that great anymore, neither is KC. San Diego started 2 late rounders last year and did well.

No one has an early 90's Cowboys O-line anymore. No one ever will.

Seneca Wallace looked great and I saw him almost get killed a few times. He avoids the sacks. Seneca Wallace has started a few games his entire career, yet he has more game presence than JP.

When Seneca Wallace looks better than JP I have to wonder why we are just waiting for JP to become mentally ready to play in a game. Tools - YES! Head -NO

835257[/snapback]

I argued this over and over and over when all the so-called 'experts' said JP has to play to improve. That is utter BS!! There are countless examples of QBs that sat on the bench for 2, 3, 4, 5 years, learned the game there, and then played very well. Evaluate him in practice and when he gives us the best chance to win, put him in. Otherwise, he should be carrying a clipboard.

Mobile QB doesn't equal less sacks, see McNabb and Vick, then deduct for the fact that Losman was never that good of a prospect.  Face it folks, they drafted a raw, athletic late first/early second round prospect, then jerked him around for two years, planted him behind an awful O-line on a bad team and now they are suffering the growing pains.  This isn't Drew Bledsoe or Rob Johnson, he's not stuck in the mud, uncoachable, making the same mistakes over and over, taking outrageous sacks and turning the ball over.  He's doing what he's told to and keeping a bad team in games.

834629[/snapback]

Shhhhhhhhhhh.............don't upset the apple cart.

They don't like that around here, it is more fun to predict 50point blowouts and then complain that the qb sucks when Indy beats us by 1point at home....the score was really Indy 51 Bills 3....carry on Experts........... :devil:

Shhhhhhhhhhh.............don't upset the apple cart.

They don't like that around here, it is more fun to predict 50point blowouts and then complain that  the qb sucks when Indy beats us by 1point at home....the score was  really Indy 51 Bills 3....carry on Experts........... :devil:

835273[/snapback]

Why don't you try watching the games instead of rhyming off stats and the score?

For example, I don't need to review stats to see A-Train runs better than Willis has all year long (not to mention he's better at every other facet of the RB position). Yet week after week we would get the Willis lovers on the board tell us how close he was to leading the league in rushing or his ypc when the Bills were up by more than 7 points after at least 1 quarter when the other team was in the NFC. Who really cares?!

I don't need stats to see JP has 0 pocket presence and has no clue how to avoid the rush. I also don't need stats to see defensive linemen catching him as he tries to scramble. That doesn't mean he doesn't have a great arm or that he has shown some improvement. My opinion has always been that the best player at every position should be playing, and that is not JP (I have stated this since last season). QBs learn on the bench all the time in the NFL.

i just hope we have a chance to draft Quinn next year. I was willing to give Losman the benfit of the doubt this year, but it is pretty obvious to me this kid has no idea what he is doing. Some of his throws, you wonder how an NFL QB could make such a bad throw. Case in point yesterday the long pass to evans, evans had his guy beat by a step, it would of took a nice throw, but what does losman do, he throws it 10 yards out of bounce. I dont want to hear how our line sucks & the playcalling sucks. Look around the league, I really think we have maybe a tad below average line. A good qb will make an ave line look decent, the problem here is defenses know losman is not going to beat them with the pass, so on obvious pass downs they could come full bore.

One last thing, it is so obvious that the coaches have lost all confidence in losman. When your only throwing 12-15 times per game, they are so scared of him costing them the game, they have no choice. Draft quinn, & let holcomb or any other journeyman qb you could find qb the team for the first 8 games until they are out of playoff contention again next year & then let quinn do his thing.

i just hope we have a chance to draft Quinn next year.  I was willing to give Losman the benfit of the doubt this year, but it is pretty obvious to me this kid has no idea what he is doing.  Some of his throws, you wonder how an NFL QB could make such a bad throw.  Case in point yesterday the long pass to evans, evans had his guy beat by a step, it would of took a nice throw, but what does losman do, he throws it 10 yards out of bounce.  I dont want to hear how our line sucks & the playcalling sucks.  Look around the league, I really think we have maybe a tad below average line.  A good qb will make an ave line look decent, the problem here is defenses know losman is not going to beat them with the pass, so on obvious pass downs they could come full bore. 

One last thing, it is so obvious that the coaches have lost all confidence in losman.  When your only throwing 12-15 times per game, they are so scared of him costing them the game, they have no choice.  Draft quinn, & let holcomb or any other journeyman qb you could find qb the team for the first 8 games until they are out of playoff contention again next year & then let quinn do his thing.

835342[/snapback]

The game plan was to run as much as possible to use the game clock and shorten the game.

My opinion has always been that the best player at every position should be playing, and that is not JP (I have stated this since last season).  QBs learn on the bench all the time in the NFL.

835303[/snapback]

Nice to see you have an opinion but I think I'll take the side of guys like Peyton Manning, Jaws, Steve Young (you know, guys that actually know what they're talking about) when they say there is no better way to develop a QB than to let him play. Classroom work will only get you so far. This is pretty much true in every aspect of life btw. The best way to learn anything is to do it.

You use Wallace as an example. He looks pretty decent (not good, mind you, just decent.) Now, how much better would he be had he actually played the past 3 years? I'd guess he's be a whole hell of a lot better and I'd imagine he would tell you the same thing.

If this Bills team had a shot at the playoffs you could sit JP and let him learn on the bench. This team is going nowhere so there's no reason not to let JP play.

Exactly, everyone hyped up his mobility as a way to take some pressure of the O-line.  Well they were all completely wrong.  Not only does he get sacked as often as Bledsuck, he seems to lose way way way way way way more yards.

At 3-6 I'd sit him

834113[/snapback]

time for you to sit down .

Nice to see you have an opinion but I think I'll take the side of guys like Peyton Manning, Jaws, Steve Young (you know, guys that actually know what they're talking about) when they say there is no better way to develop a QB than to let him play.  Classroom work will only get you so far.  This is pretty much true in every aspect of life btw.  The best way to learn anything is to do it.

You use Wallace as an example.  He looks pretty decent (not good, mind you, just decent.)  Now, how much better would he be had he actually played the past 3 years?  I'd guess he's be a whole hell of a lot better and I'd imagine he would tell you the same thing.

If this Bills team had a shot at the playoffs you could sit JP and let him learn on the bench.  This team is going nowhere so there's no reason not to let JP play.

835415[/snapback]

Right, so Hasselbeck, Bulger, Pennington, Brady, Rivers, are all crap and had to learn on the field right? Those are just a few examples ...

Right, so Hasselbeck, Bulger, Pennington, Brady, Rivers, are all crap and had to learn on the field right?  Those are just a few examples ...

835443[/snapback]

Next time try reading what was actually written instead of substituting your own thoughts for mine.