Losman avoids sacks no better than Bledsoe

truth on hold

i know the pass protection wasn't there today and the tackles got lit up, but still i didn't losman show any sense of where the pressure was coming from. also he did not avoid a single sack. for all the hype about his mobility he goes down every time a defender gets near him. if he were so mobile a few of those who should break free, scramble for a few yards or at least get off an incompletion. this kid needs a lot of work

i know the pass protection wasn't there today and the tackles got lit up, but still i didn't losman show any sense of where the pressure was coming from. also he did not avoid a single sack. for all the hype about his mobility he goes down every time a defender gets near him.  if he were so mobile a few of those who should break free, scramble for a few yards or at least get off an incompletion. this kid needs a lot of work

833965[/snapback]

Sure he avoided a sack. Freeney came untouched from the blindside early in the game and Losman stepped up into the pocket, shook Freeney loose, and got sacked by McFarland.

i know the pass protection wasn't there today and the tackles got lit up, but still i didn't losman show any sense of where the pressure was coming from. also he did not avoid a single sack. for all the hype about his mobility he goes down every time a defender gets near him.  if he were so mobile a few of those who should break free, scramble for a few yards or at least get off an incompletion. this kid needs a lot of work

833965[/snapback]

The last two weeks I've seen him avoid a few sacks only to be sacked a moment later by one of the other defenders in the backfield. The sacks today were because the DE's were completely untouched. Pennington looked like he only managed to pat the guy on the butt on his way to Losman and Freeney had to deke out a TE. Unreal.

I honestly don't think there is a worse offensive line in the NFL than the one in Buffalo.

833965[/snapback]

Exactly, everyone hyped up his mobility as a way to take some pressure of the O-line. Well they were all completely wrong. Not only does he get sacked as often as Bledsuck, he seems to lose way way way way way way more yards.

At 3-6 I'd sit him

Exactly, everyone hyped up his mobility as a way to take some pressure of the O-line.  Well they were all completely wrong.  Not only does he get sacked as often as Bledsuck, he seems to lose way way way way way way more yards.

At 3-6 I'd sit him

834113[/snapback]

On which plays are we utilizing his mobility? He's obviously been coached to stay in the pocket, which is exactly the opposite of why he was drafted.

A 100 yard rusher for the terrible OL---oh I forgot that McGahee's problem were all the OLs fault as well.

People have blinders on when watching JP play. There may be only 1-2 teams that would take him as their QB. He stinks! Maybe in 2-3 years he'll get how to play at this level as he did come in at a disadvantage. He has a great work ethic, but he is not a good QB this year.

833965[/snapback]

If some of the defenders atleast got breathed on he might have a chance to scramble since there not even being slowed down its not a good situation

A 100 yard rusher for the terrible OL---oh I forgot that McGahee's problem were all the OLs fault as well.

People have blinders on when watching JP play.  There may be only 1-2 teams that would take him as their QB.  He stinks!  Maybe in 2-3 years he'll get how to play at this level as he did come in at a disadvantage.  He has a great work ethic, but he is not a good QB this year.

834141[/snapback]

109 yards on 28 rushes. How many of those yards came after first contact? Those yards were earned by Thomas, not the offensive line.

Exactly, everyone hyped up his mobility as a way to take some pressure of the O-line.  Well they were all completely wrong.  Not only does he get sacked as often as Bledsuck, he seems to lose way way way way way way more yards.

At 3-6 I'd sit him

834113[/snapback]

What would be the point in sitting a qb who needs more experience when your not goning to make the playoffs

People have blinders on when watching JP play.  There may be only 1-2 teams that would take him as their QB.  He stinks!  Maybe in 2-3 years he'll get how to play at this level as he did come in at a disadvantage.  He has a great work ethic, but he is not a good QB this year.

834141[/snapback]

YES we had a 100 yard rusher...the OLINE did a great job....

NOPE!!!!!!

A-Train had 83yds after first contact....yep that stat right there tells me he did alot of the running on his own(83 of his 109)....

833965[/snapback]

This season JP seems to be trying to stay in the pocket much more. I don't know if anyone else noticed this. Last year he seemed to scramble and get out of the pocket every pass play. But this year he seems to be trying to step up throw in a pocket that is being pushed right back in his face. I think this is the result of the coaches trying to get him to be a pocket passer and progress in that area. The thing is, our o-line is so bad that this is having a negative affect on him and the rest of the offense.

YES we had a 100 yard rusher...the OLINE did  a great job....

NOPE!!!!!!

A-Train had 83yds after first contact....yep that stat right there tells me he did alot  of the running on his own(83 of his 109)....

834211[/snapback]

Thank you, that was exactly the argument I was trying to make. Thomas earned those yards, not the offensive line.

833965[/snapback]

1. He has no pocket presence.

2. He can't read coverages well.

3. The line does suck pass blocking.

1.  He has no pocket presence.

2.  He can't read coverages well.

3.  The line does suck pass blocking.

834475[/snapback]

can't we for once land a QB with a sense for where the pressure is coming from and shows good foot work? i mean they're out there. not just manning and brady of course. but even a former bench warmer like romo. the answer romo provided in dallas to bledsoe is what jp was supposed to do in dallas. bottom line: jp is not getting it done

At 3-6 I'd sit him

834113[/snapback]

Mobile QB doesn't equal less sacks, see McNabb and Vick, then deduct for the fact that Losman was never that good of a prospect. Face it folks, they drafted a raw, athletic late first/early second round prospect, then jerked him around for two years, planted him behind an awful O-line on a bad team and now they are suffering the growing pains. This isn't Drew Bledsoe or Rob Johnson, he's not stuck in the mud, uncoachable, making the same mistakes over and over, taking outrageous sacks and turning the ball over. He's doing what he's told to and keeping a bad team in games.

This season JP seems to be trying to stay in the pocket much more.  I don't know if anyone else noticed this.  Last year he seemed to scramble and get out of the pocket every pass play.  But this year he seems to be trying to step up throw in a pocket that is being pushed right back in his face.  I think this is the result of the coaches trying to get him to be a pocket passer and progress in that area.  The thing is, our o-line is so bad that this is having a negative affect on him and the rest of the offense.

834229[/snapback]

Absolutely. They are developing the guy and he's taking coaching. They could be rolling him out or bootlegging 10 times per game and trying to squeeze out short term gains from his athleticism at the expense of learning how to be an NFL QB, but they're not and it's the right thing to do, because this isn't a playoff team even if Losman were playing like a seasoned veteran.

Mobile QB doesn't equal less sacks, see McNabb and Vick, then deduct for the fact that Losman was never that good of a prospect.  Face it folks, they drafted a raw, athletic late first/early second round prospect, then jerked him around for two years, planted him behind an awful O-line on a bad team and now they are suffering the growing pains.  This isn't Drew Bledsoe or Rob Johnson, he's not stuck in the mud, uncoachable, making the same mistakes over and over, taking outrageous sacks and turning the ball over.  He's doing what he's told to and keeping a bad team in games.

834629[/snapback]

this is probably one of the best posts this week. Now if we had less retards on the board and more sensible people like you then we would be able to have intellingent discussions