Losman better than average?

truth on hold

In 04 I wanted to grab Brunell. I would take Brunell with the 3 picks I lost for grabbing JP.

With those 3 picks I could have:

By virtue of the 2nd round of 2004 Bob Sanders from Indy or Jake Grove.

5th round in 2004 I would gave grabbed Jeb Terry for depth at guard.

With the 1st rounder I could have had either (from 2005, and I believe in strengthening the lines above all else): Mike Patterson, Luis Castillo, or Heath Miller.

831622[/snapback]

Sweet! Once we get that time machine up and running we're all set. While we're at it let's get a do-over of the 2002 draft.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd rather have Garrard than Losman

the snake's still got a couple good years left in him and his bad years are still better than JPs best

Alex Smith IMO will develop into a better QB than JP

So will Romo

And Leinhart too

David Carr is the modern Archie Manning.  His team stinks but he is still a fine QB

I found it odd you wouldn't trade JP for Grossman.  Care to explain why?

831703[/snapback]

grossman i wouldnt touch as i think hes the most over rated of the bunch. we're talking about a guy who really does have an awesome offensive line and defense that gets the ball back and he still looks lost. i've never seen a team win the super bowl with a QB that looked as bad as grossman. some will say the ravens with trent dilfer. but dilfer did what he was told and handed it off most of the time. i get the impression grossman is prone to attention lapses and just lobs it up for grabs. the near-loss to the cards and loss to the fins are largely on this guy's shoulders.

Guest dog14787
[DeLuca]I'd take all of them, plus someone's 90-year-old grandmother with Alzheimers and gangrene in every limb in her decrepit body, over that useless, worthless piece of crap we have now. I've seen enough. He's had three years. Who wants to quarterback this team? Anyone? Cuz anyone is better than the rat turd we have now. Just fix the quarterback and all will be well.[/DeLuca]

831333[/snapback]

New GM, New head coach, Very young team and everyone expects miracles.

Well O.K. , I wanted miracles to but Losman is not the problem.

J.P.'s Heart, and will to succeed could make him a great QB one day.

Let the O-line have time to gel , Losman time to mature, and let the mastermind Levy have time to do his magic and all will be well in the land of the Buffalo.

<_<

grossman i wouldnt touch as i think hes the most over rated of the bunch. we're talking about a guy who really does have an awesome offensive line and defense that gets the ball back and he still looks lost.  i've never seen a team win the super bowl with a QB that looked as bad as grossman. some will say the ravens with trent dilfer. but dilfer did what he was told and handed it off most of the time. i get the impression grossman is prone to attention lapses and just lobs it up for grabs.  the near-loss to the cards and loss to the fins are largely on this guy's shoulders.

831757[/snapback]

Thats funny because I think JP and Grossman are alot alike

just because you wouldnt trade jp for a teams QB, doesnt mean that JP is better than that QB.

as far as "average", i think he is currently below average compared to other NFL QBs.

a QB needs to throw more than 150 yards a game to be consitered above average.

So McGahee is below average because his YPC is under 4.0?

832036[/snapback]

Willis is below average because he's from the U, has a baby mama, has no heart, no speed, doesn't want to be in Buffalo, of course he sucks, he runs his mouth off and (las but not least) he's got a commercial on NFL Network. I think that just about covers them all.

he has more yards and td's than the league average and his QB rankin is right on top of the average. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6781

going through the list of teams would i trade him for their starter finds a majority of cases i wouldn't, indicating again he's better than average:

trade or no trade:

pats - yes

jets - yes

fins - no

steelers - yes

colts - yes

browns - no

bengals - yes

jags - no

titans - yes

chargers - yes

broncos - no

raiders - no

chiefs - no

lions - no

packers - no

bears - no

vikings - no

rams - yes

seahawks - yes

9ers - no

giants - yes

redskins - no

saints - yes

panthers - no

cowboys - no

falcons - yes

bucs - no

cards - no

eagles - yes

ravens - no

texans - no

831312[/snapback]

Marc Bulger is light years ahead of JP and Alex Smith was #1 pick for a reason. Jake Delhomme is far better

of course everyone will have disagreements  - positive and negative - on some the names but we're not talking wholesale change either.  worst case JP is right around average of being traded for about 1/2 the starting QBs in the league. as far as the changes you would make id argue JP is farther ahead than Carr at the same level of experiences, delhomme is on the downside and is looking worse as time goes by, grossman i wouldnt touch as i think hes the most over rated of the bunch. we're talking about a guy who really does have an awesome offensive line and defense that gets the  ball back and he still looks lost.  garrard i know little about and i think a few wins where they score minimal points doesn't say much about the qb. i also don't like his lack of height.  but again even i gave you all 4 JO is still in the middle = average

831321[/snapback]

<_< Get some sleep Mrs. Lossman

jp is not good. he needs to improve and not regress YET AGAIN by the end of the year to be worth his roster spot.

there are about 40+ nfl qbs (including back ups of course) who are better than JP right now, and jp hasn't shown much in terms of improvement from his first game last year against houston.

Marc Bulger is light years ahead of JP and Alex Smith was #1 pick for a reason.  Jake Delhomme is far better

832138[/snapback]

i said id trade jp for bulger. alex smith was #1 reason in the same way ryan leaf was #1 for a reason; their teams messed up! delhomme's better days are far behind him and i've seen enough stupid INTs from him to have given up at this point. he's no spring chicken either

he has more yards and td's than the league average and his QB rankin is right on top of the average. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6781

going through the list of teams would i trade him for their starter finds a majority of cases i wouldn't, indicating again he's better than average:

trade or no trade:

pats - yes

jets - yes

fins - no

steelers - yes

colts - yes

browns - no

bengals - yes

jags - no

titans - yes

chargers - yes

broncos - no

raiders - no

chiefs - no

lions - no

packers - no

bears - no

vikings - no

rams - yes

seahawks - yes

9ers - no

giants - yes

redskins - no

saints - yes

panthers - no

cowboys - no

falcons - yes

bucs - no

cards - no

eagles - yes

ravens - no

texans - no

831312[/snapback]

i dont think i would trade for any of the other qb's in the league. maybe one of the other teams offensive lines though....i like j.p. alot and i hope they do build this team around him, not just expect him to do it all....the only thing i would like to see out of j.p., (that he hasn't showed me) is that fire to do what it takes ,at the end of a game, to win,...i just dont see that in him yet... i look at leinheart and even if he is losing .you see that fire to do what ever it takes to win.....everything else will come as the team builds around him...

That's every QB. The kid makes plays which is something sorely missed around here.

831951[/snapback]

you referring to the rex grossman that has turned the ball over 7 times in the last 2 games? Is that what you mean by "the kid makes plays"?

Right.  Better to trust your emotions.  Like hate.  That always leads to sound conclusions. :doh:

832823[/snapback]

Don't give in to hate. that leads to the Dark Side :P

If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

[DeLuca]I'd take all of them, plus someone's 90-year-old grandmother with Alzheimers and gangrene in every limb in her decrepit body, over that useless, worthless piece of crap we have now. I've seen enough. He's had three years. Who wants to quarterback this team? Anyone? Cuz anyone is better than the rat turd we have now. Just fix the quarterback and all will be well.[/DeLuca]

831333[/snapback]

In every limb?

I think I would check gramma's throwing arm first.