Losman better than average?

truth on hold

he has more yards and td's than the league average and his QB rankin is right on top of the average.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6781

going through the list of teams would i trade him for their starter finds a majority of cases i wouldn't, indicating again he's better than average:

trade or no trade:

pats - yes

jets - yes

fins - no

steelers - yes

colts - yes

browns - no

bengals - yes

jags - no

titans - yes

chargers - yes

broncos - no

raiders - no

chiefs - no

lions - no

packers - no

bears - no

vikings - no

rams - yes

seahawks - yes

9ers - no

giants - yes

redskins - no

saints - yes

panthers - no

cowboys - no

falcons - yes

bucs - no

cards - no

eagles - yes

ravens - no

texans - no

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has more yards and td's than the league average and his QB rankin is right on top of the average. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6781

going through the list of teams would i trade him for their starter finds a majority of cases i wouldn't, indicating again he's better than average:

trade or no trade:

pats - yes

jets - yes

fins - no

steelers - yes

colts - yes

browns - no

bengals - yes

jags - no

titans - yes

chargers - yes

broncos - no

raiders - no

chiefs - no

lions - no

packers - no

bears - no

vikings - no

rams - yes

seahawks - yes

9ers - no

giants - yes

redskins - no

saints - yes

panthers - no

cowboys - no

falcons - yes

bucs - no

cards - no

eagles - yes

ravens - no

texans - no

831312[/snapback]

I would take Carr, Delhomme, Grossman and Garrard at a minimun. Not totally down on JP, but lets be realists here

I would take Carr, Delhomme, Grossman and Garrard at a minimun.  Not totally down on JP, but lets be realists here

831317[/snapback]

of course everyone will have disagreements - positive and negative - on some the names but we're not talking wholesale change either. worst case JP is right around average of being traded for about 1/2 the starting QBs in the league. as far as the changes you would make id argue JP is farther ahead than Carr at the same level of experiences, delhomme is on the downside and is looking worse as time goes by, grossman i wouldnt touch as i think hes the most over rated of the bunch. we're talking about a guy who really does have an awesome offensive line and defense that gets the ball back and he still looks lost. garrard i know little about and i think a few wins where they score minimal points doesn't say much about the qb. i also don't like his lack of height. but again even i gave you all 4 JO is still in the middle = average

Statistics, unfettered, are always a lie. Examine how many starters we are comparing? The Cardinals, Jags, Ravens, Cowboys, etc. have had QBs go down just some of the time so compare starter with starter without missing a game. JP is well below average with a higher number of fumbles than even the below average QBs.

I too would take Carr, Delhomme, Grossman, Garrard... but I would add Romo, McNair, Gradkowski (pathetic isn't it?), Brunell, Smith, Farve, Huard or Green, and Plummer to that list that you said no to. I think any one of those guys would give us a better offense. I would rather have that quick guy back-up from the Seahawks too if he continues to play well. That guy had great instincts, but he's an unknown. I know JP couldn't have played as well as he did that night.

[DeLuca]I'd take all of them, plus someone's 90-year-old grandmother with Alzheimers and gangrene in every limb in her decrepit body, over that useless, worthless piece of crap we have now. I've seen enough. He's had three years. Who wants to quarterback this team? Anyone? Cuz anyone is better than the rat turd we have now. Just fix the quarterback and all will be well.[/DeLuca]

Well then, the question to ask if if those guys have more to work with (OL, WR's, TE's, RB's) than JP does?

831323[/snapback]

I still think the bigger problem for the Bills is lack of a strong running game. At 3.8 YPC they rank in the bottom 1/3 of the league. It would be interesting to rank each team's QB rating in order of running game (YPC from top to bottom). My guess is that there is a meaningful relationship between a strong running game and passer rating.

I still think the bigger problem for the Bills is lack of a strong running game.  At 3.8 YPC they rank in the bottom 1/3 of the league.  It would be interesting to rank each team's QB rating in order of running game (YPC from top to bottom).  My guess is that there is a meaningful relationship between a strong running game and passer rating.

831334[/snapback]

Do you think the running game might be better if teams respected J-lo?

Statistics, unfettered, are always a lie. Examine how many starters we are comparing? The Cardinals, Jags, Ravens, Cowboys, etc. have had QBs go down just some of the time so compare starter with starter without missing a game. JP is well below average with a higher number of fumbles than even the below average QBs.

I too would take Carr, Delhomme, Grossman, Garrard... but I would add Romo, McNair, Gradkowski (pathetic isn't it?), Brunell, Smith, Farve, Huard or Green, and Plummer to that list that you said no to. I think any one of those guys would give us a better offense. I would rather have that quick guy back-up from the Seahawks too if he continues to play well. That guy had great instincts, but he's an unknown. I know JP couldn't have played as well as he did that night.

831328[/snapback]

I think the point is to get a QB who you will have in at least 3 years time, not some old guy who even if he will improve you today, will leave you no better off tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I forgot we have the worst WR core in the league.

I originally thought the Bills would have one of the better WR corps in the NFL, but right now they're pretty close to the worst. Evans is a fine player, but isn't yet a true #1. Price has been demoted as a starter, with Parrish taking his place. Reed is injured and while steady, hasn't been a game-breaker. And Davis has done nothing. Add in TE's who scare no one and a lousy O-line, and blaming it all on the QB is simple thinking.

I can't really think of too many other teams with a worse group.

Definitely well below average! Hopefully that changes. He is the worst QB in the division. Harrington has done better than him for the Dolphins.

Not even in the top 10 in the AFC. Let's hope he starts showing some signs of progress or else this developmental thing starts up again.

Definitely well below average!  Hopefully that changes.  He is the worst QB in the division.    Harrington has done better than him for the Dolphins.

Not even in the top 10 in the AFC.    Let's hope he starts showing some signs of progress or else this developmental thing starts up again.

831388[/snapback]

:doh: Are you nuts????

By what possible measuring stick do you figure that Harrington has done better than JP this year?

Please enlighten everyone as to what it is that Harrington has done that out-does JP.

QBR...JP

Win/Loss...JP

Turnovers....JP

Sacks....Joey

YPA.....JP

Completion percentage.....JP

TDs.....Joey

And JP is 8th in the AFC. :rolleyes:

link

Edited by Dibs

Hey I agree Harrington is not a good QB but he played well enough to beat the Bears. How did JP do in that game?

He also played the Pats tough and has played okay of late. I would NOT want him as my QB. I'm just making the point JP has not played well the past few weeks compared to other QBs.

He's a professional QB and completed just 8 passes! 8 passes last week.

In terms of him being 8th in the AFC. I would bet NO GM in the AFC would take him ahead of who their QB is at this point. Any commentator on the NFL will tell you he has looked dreadful---he just has. You can't argue JP has played well the past 4 weeks. He is arguably the worst QB in the NFL the past 4 weeks.

The good thing is, he can improve and hopefully he does. At least it is tough to get worse.

I originally thought the Bills would have one of the better WR corps in the NFL, but right now they're pretty close to the worst.  Evans is a fine player, but isn't yet a true #1.  Price has been demoted as a starter, with Parrish taking his place.  Reed is injured and while steady, hasn't been a game-breaker.  And Davis has done nothing.  Add in TE's who scare no one and a lousy O-line, and blaming it all on the QB is simple thinking.

I can't really think of too many other teams with a worse group.

831357[/snapback]

I happen to think there's plenty of middle ground between "blaming it all on the QB", and the retarded notion that WR on this team is a bigger weakness than QB.

i think in those 4 instances the only case where JP isnt disadvanted is versus garrad

831326[/snapback]

Dude, watch the NFL.com highlights of the Jacksonville game. I was SHOCKED by the amount of time Garrard was getting. He could have taken a five minute nap on some of those plays and not been touched.