Would you feel bad if...

Phlegm Alley

I find it hard to believe that he would be fired for a single offense like that. My guess is that he's been written up several times in the past and this was his last straw. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Was he well-liked? He's only been there a few months, so I guess most people won't care.

CW

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about it. Sure his kids will have nothing under the tree for christmas, his drinking problem will most likely become more and more drastic, he'll begin whacking the wife around, go on welfare and probably blow his brains out on Christmas eve...but it sure isn't your fault. :P

Don't worry about it.  Sure his kids will have nothing under the tree for christmas, his drinking problem will most likely become more and more drastic, he'll begin whacking the wife around, go on welfare and probably blow his brains out on Christmas eve...but it sure isn't your fault.  :P

831028[/snapback]

that 's it , make him feel like sh-- .

I work in the news business as a videographer for a small, non-unionized, individually owned political station.  This past Tuesday, Election Day, was the biggest day of the year for us and we reported live at the Sheraton in NYC for the large Democratic soire with Spitzer, Hillary, and Cuomo with all media, local, national, and international.  Needless to say, the place is a mob scene with media outlets set up on a 50 foot long multi-level riser on a 3' x 6' rectangle for all your equipment necessary to broadcast live remotely. 

830855[/snapback]

I'm not clear about what a "political station" is... :P

Would you still have "ratted" on him if he offered some of his booze but still didn't help?  Remember before you answer, you're a Bills fan.  :lol:

831067[/snapback]

He's down in NYC so the guy was probably a Giants fan. :P

OF COURSE he would have still ratted the guy out even if some booze was offered. :lol:

Don't worry about it.  Sure his kids will have nothing under the tree for christmas, his drinking problem will most likely become more and more drastic, he'll begin whacking the wife around, go on welfare and probably blow his brains out on Christmas eve...but it sure isn't your fault.  :P

831028[/snapback]

But now he has time to go sit in line for a Playstation 3, dump it on EBay, and double his money.

He's down in NYC so the guy was probably a Giants fan.  :P

OF COURSE he would have still ratted the guy out even if some booze was offered.  :lol:

831074[/snapback]

Jets fan, but just as bad if not worse.

And no, if he offered me alcohol, chances of me finishing before sunrise were slim and next to none, because I NEEDED a drink after working through the chaos that was election night.

"See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pu$$ies, and azzholes..." :P

830955[/snapback]

4 actually. Ignoranuses, both stupid and an ****

I almost feel like ranting about my boss. To sum it up, she is responsible for buying our single largest raw material. She F'd it up so bad, she calls me in and says she is deciding to delegate this to me. She's incredibly worthless, and I said thanks, but no thanks, got up and walked out. That was last Friday and haven't heard anything yet. What's that saying about people rising to their level of incompetence. She is well beyond that

Are you kidding?!?!?? All I have to say to you is: BRA--FUGGIN--VO!!!

The world is full of lazy POS a-holes like the guy you describe. I think he richly deserved to get fired and I think it is FANTASTIC that you told it like it was. If I worked there I'd be giving you high fives.

It is extremely likely that the conduct of your lame co-workers is par for the course. I hate people that never put out an ounce of energy beyond "their job". It is the main reason why so many places suck to work. You have made your workplace a better one by helping to rid it of a lazy do-nothing.

Nice work.