Bills recipe for winning.

DeLuca1967

Numbers don't lie.

98 yds passing? Win

222 yds passing? Win

102 yds passing? Win

It seems the less you rely on Loseman to make a play the better the Bills chances of victory.

At some point the Bills may win a game 40-0 with Loseman not completing a pass :blink:

Do you know what crusading is?

Numbers don't lie.

98 yds passing? Win

222 yds passing? Win

102 yds passing? Win

It seems the less you rely on Loseman to make a play the better the Bills chances of victory.

At some point the Bills may win a game 40-0 with Loseman not completing a pass :blink:

827944[/snapback]

Seriously, it would probably be wise to adjust the offense to maximize our strengths and minimize our weaknesses. That woule mean, in my opinion, go the two tight end route and often keeping a blocking back in. The running game is paramount, no question, but JP plays a huge role with passes to the tight end and to the running back with occassional (very occassional-once or twice a game) forays downfield to Evans. The net result is a low passing yardage for JP not because of JP but because of our adjustments to stop the pass rush. result? We get to keep the ball a lot longer with time killing drives, the "cover 2" folks we see have to cheat to stop the run...and the occassional bomb can be a game-breaker. Parcells has made a career out of that strategy.

The net result is a low passing yardage for JP not because of JP but because of our adjustments to stop the pass rush.

827987[/snapback]

No, no, no. You're not following his excessively repetitive, yet mindblowingly myopic point: "When we lose, it is because of JP, and when we win, it's in spite of him. That way, I am right and you all are wrong. Again."

Numbers don't lie.

98 yds passing? Win

222 yds passing? Win

102 yds passing? Win

827944[/snapback]

Right, we'll just rely on McGahee and our wonderful line who have powered him to one 100 yard game this season against the Jets.

Seems to me that was the plan. What happened to it? Whose failure is it?

Numbers don't lie.

98 yds passing? Win

222 yds passing? Win

102 yds passing? Win

827944[/snapback]

Teams that put up these kind of numbers typically only beat teams that are really bad.

Teams that put up these kind of numbers typically only beat teams that are really bad.

828211[/snapback]

Usually so, but every week there's a couple of games where the loser put up big numbers and the winner could barely get out of their own way. :blink:

Poor PGH - ran the up big numbers on OAK and DEN but sit now at 2 and 6. Turnovers kill..

Numbers don't lie.

98 yds passing? Win

222 yds passing? Win

102 yds passing? Win

At some point the Bills may win a game 40-0 with Loseman not completing a pass :lol:

827944[/snapback]

Wow, are them not the type of numbers Big Ben had when the steelers went to the SB? Oh, what he was a rookie....just expected to manage the game and not loose it while he learns the system. :P

While JP is not a rookie, he is not a "experienced vet" in a new system, so let him manage the game, and not turn the ball over.....No I am not saying he will lead us to the SB anytime soon. But he will gain the experience most QBs need, learn the current system, and hopefully get some connection with at least one of the recievers. But that makes too much sense :blink:

Bottom line: quarterbacks taken in the first round should have the talent to win games for their teams.

828201[/snapback]

No one should be forced to win games single handidly in a team game.

And JP did win that game for us on Sunday, it was his TD pass to Evans that won the game. The defence kept us in the game, they didn't score the go ahead TD

Numbers don't lie.

98 yds passing? Win

222 yds passing? Win

102 yds passing? Win

At some point the Bills may win a game 40-0 with Loseman not completing a pass :w00t:

827944[/snapback]

This is actually how the Steelers went on to 15-1 in their first season... Of course that requires the running game, defense and ST to be on top of their game. Unfortunately, I don't think this bills team can excel in all those aspects consistently.

Numbers don't lie.

98 yds passing? Win

222 yds passing? Win

102 yds passing? Win

At some point the Bills may win a game 40-0 with Loseman not completing a pass :w00t:

827944[/snapback]

I know the point of your post was to take another slap at JP. However, you may have actually stumbled onto something here.

For as bad as the OL looked in pass protection on Sunday, they looked exceptional in run blocking (save for a couple of 3rd and 1 non-conversions). In fact, the Packers couldn't stop the rushing attack in the 4th quarter, when they needed to. Indy's run defense is their achilles heal. I would personally like to see our gameplan consist of something like a 2-1 run to pass ratio on Sunday to keep the Colts' offense on the sidelines. In order for that to happen the offense will have to avoid the penalties, of course, to keep us out of 3rd and long situations. Additionally greater commitment to the running game should force the Colts to back off their pass rushing -- and may set things up for some play-action passes.

Maybe they should get him to attend the same kind of classes that Seneca Wallace attended to help him learn. They said it did wonders for him and he seems to run the Seattle offense well, even without Shaun Alexander behind him to hand the ball off to.

Poor PGH - ran the up big numbers on OAK and DEN but sit now at 2 and 6. Turnovers kill..

828221[/snapback]

I am still amazed at how bad they are playing. Interesting point from the Sports Guy and how the loser of the Super Bowl does not make the playoffs the following year. The theory is since the Seahawks got screwed so badly by the officials that Karma is now causing Pittsburgh to lose.

I am still amazed at how bad they are playing. Interesting point from the Sports Guy and how the loser of the Super Bowl does not make the playoffs the following year. The theory is since the Seahawks got screwed so badly by the officials that Karma is now causing Pittsburgh to lose.

828468[/snapback]

I don't know, I guess the name of the woman driving the car that hit Big Ben while he cruised helmet less on a sports bike in the offseason could have been Karma. Big Ben having his bell rung multiple tiems definitly isn't helping Pittsburgh with their try for a repeat.

I still don't buy into the, If the refs don't screw us we would have won the SB that everyone is on when it came to the Seahawks last year. Sure some calls where not going their way, but it was not the sole cause for them losing

I don't know, I guess the name of the woman driving the car that hit Big Ben while he cruised helmet less on a sports bike in the offseason could have been Karma. Big Ben having his bell rung multiple tiems definitly isn't helping Pittsburgh with their try for a repeat.

I still don't buy into the, If the refs don't screw us we would have won the SB that everyone is on when it came to the Seahawks last year. Sure some calls where not going their way, but it was not the sole cause for them losing

828505[/snapback]

I can't argue with that. Just found it interesting.