Bills recipe for winning.

DeLuca1967

Seriously, it would probably be wise to adjust the offense to maximize our strengths and minimize our weaknesses.  That woule mean, in my opinion, go the two tight end route and often keeping a blocking back in.  The running game is paramount, no question, but JP plays a huge role with passes to the tight end and to the running back with occassional (very occassional-once or twice a game) forays downfield to Evans. The net result is a low passing yardage for JP not because of JP but because of our adjustments to stop the pass rush.  result?  We get to keep the ball a lot longer with time killing drives, the "cover 2" folks we see have to cheat to stop the run...and the occassional bomb can be a game-breaker.  Parcells has made a career out of that strategy.

827987[/snapback]

To be honest. I thought this what the Bills were planning to do going into the season.

I agree with the guys on WGR. The fact that this team isn't tailoring the offense around the QB tells me that they have no plans on keeping him.

To be honest. I thought this what the Bills were planning to do going into the season.

I agree with the guys on WGR. The fact that this team isn't tailoring the offense around the QB tells me that they have no plans on keeping him.

828816[/snapback]

So, how long does it take to tailor a team around a QB or any player that is? I would have to believe more than one off season thats for sure. ;)

Bottom line: quarterbacks taken in the first round should have the talent to win games for their teams.

828201[/snapback]

You'd think so wouldn't you? Unfortunately the facts just don't bare out that opinion.

Here is a link to the success percentages for QBs.....by your statement of talent expectation I think you will be surprised.

LINK

So, how long does it take to tailor a team around a QB or any player that is?  I would have to believe more than one off season thats for sure. ;)

828818[/snapback]

Seeing that teams can do it in one week, ie. Seahawks and Senca Wallace, it doesn't take long at all. JP is a scambling QB with a strong arm. The fact that the offense is designed for a strick stay in the pocket passer tells all. They don't use many if any designed rollouts or QB draws. The offensive coaching staff is new. They brought in a new system. So you would think at that point they would tailor the offense around the their QB. That they didn't and still refuse to during the season, doesn't show a lot of faith in JP's ability.

Seeing that teams can do it in one week, ie. Seahawks and Senca Wallace, it doesn't take long at all. JP is a scambling QB with a strong arm. The fact that the offense is designed for a strick stay in the pocket passer tells all. They don't use many if any designed rollouts or QB draws. The offensive coaching staff is new. They brought in a new system. So you would think at that point they would tailor the offense around the their QB. That they didn't and still refuse to during the season, doesn't show a lot of faith in JP's ability.

829205[/snapback]

I'd argue this: you can beat some really bad teams like Oakland with a scrambling QB, and perhaps the Bills should have laid on that a little more especially in the Detroit game, but you can't take on the league's premier defenses with this kind of game plan. They are far too fast.

I also think that we're looking at a coaching staff that is essentially "rookie" as well. Sure, it has a lot of people with football experience, but it's their first turn at being in charge. What we need to see is progress there, not all the answers at once. I'm sure they're reviewing film and seeing what worked and what didn't, and what situations are coming up in which they need to take advantage of JP's different strengths and minimize certain weaknesses.

If JP can make it through this year as that specific cog meant to accomplish specific tasks, if we see improvement over this second half as is the expectation, I think we can expect he'll be let loose a little more next year as his abilities become outlets for big plays, rather than bad instincts to fall back on.

829205[/snapback]

Do you ever read stories about this team or are you convinced you know everything and have no need for outside opinions from moronic people like our coaches? Have you not read any of the stories regarding how and why Fairchild is working with JP in terms of learning to read defenses.

Read a little, would you? The coaches KNOW we're not going to win this year. They KNOW this is a year of development for the whole team, which is why they have been tweaking the roster right through the season thus far.

But in the end, here's the thing: I know you hate JP and I know you think you are light year's ahead of everyone else's thinking on this subject, but the reality is you can take everything you know about being a quarterback or coach in the NFL, write it down on a piece of paper, crumble it up and shove it up the ass of gnat.

I'm almost at the point where I strictly want JP to succeed just so you'll STFU about the subject because you absolutely, positively have no !@#$ing clue what you're talking about.

But in the end, here's the thing: I know you hate JP and I know you think you are light year's ahead of everyone else's thinking on this subject, but the reality is you can take everything you know about being a quarterback or coach in the NFL, write it down on a piece of paper, crumble it up and shove it up the ass of gnat.

I'm almost at the point where I strictly want JP to succeed just so you'll STFU about the subject because you absolutely, positively have no !@#$ing clue what you're talking about.

829405[/snapback]

Please stop making me laugh out loud at my office. People are starting to stare. Great post.

829205[/snapback]

Yeah, Maybe you should stick to your crusade against Peters and B-Rod on the Sabres board. (but not on Sabresreport.com, try the Sabres official board on their site, thats where all the smarter hockey fans go)

In case you haven't heard any of Fairchilds comments or haven't read most of the posts on this board recently, the coaches are not calling plays or allowing JP to run because they want him to stay in the pocket To Learn how to read a defence before they allow him to use his legs They want to teach the young QB and expand his football abilities by making him a more all around QB instead of Vick 2.0, They know he can run, they want him to learn to throw first, and use the legs as an added weapon.

This will take some time, but it is something smarter coaches due, instead of just telling him to go out on the field and make a play. They know this season was not going to be pretty and the playoffs were not likely, so they wanted to use this year as a learning and development year for most players on the team, that is why they went with younger guys with potential rather then proven vets who could give them a year or 2 of good play until they need someone new.

Do you ever read stories about this team or are you convinced you know everything and have no need for outside opinions from moronic people like our coaches? Have you not read any of the stories regarding how and why Fairchild is working with JP in terms of learning to read defenses.

Read a little, would you? The coaches KNOW we're not going to win this year. They KNOW this is a year of development for the whole team, which is why they have been tweaking the roster right through the season thus far.

829405[/snapback]

More and more excuses. You would think you could come up with something better to do in LA than make up excuses for Loseman.

What you are saying is "the coaches can't install the teams offense untill JP Loseman learns how to read defenses". What an F-ing joke.

Only the Bills would throw away an entire season on a third year QB who still can't read defenses. Isn't that a skill he should have developed sometime in college or over the past three years?

The only thing that is up anyone a$$ is yours up Loseman's. Which is amazing considering his head is up there also. That has to be one big a$$.

This week is Loseman's 17th start. That's how many Todd Collins had. Considering their numbers are very similar I would say this is it for Loseman. I don't care if it's

Colts. If Loseman has another Loseman like bad performance it's time to try someone/anyone else. :doh:

Yeah, Maybe you should stick to your crusade against Peters and B-Rod on the Sabres board. (but not on Sabresreport.com, try the Sabres official board on their site, thats where all the smarter hockey fans go)

829797[/snapback]

"First rule of Fight Club? Never talk about Fight Club."

Good job, you couldn't get people to like you here so you try to get people to turn on me on the Sabres Report board by posting the link to that comment and calling me a trader?

In case your reading comprehension is a little slow (perobably not as slow as your football comprehension considering you do have the ability to read) you might notice the comment was a joke. Seeing as how I post regularly at the Sabres Report site and not on the Sabres.com site.

Good job, you couldn't get people to like you here so you try to get people to turn on me on the Sabres Report board by posting the link to that comment and calling me a trader?

In case your reading comprehension is a little slow (perobably not as slow as your football comprehension considering you do have the ability to read) you might notice the comment was a joke. Seeing as how I post regularly at the Sabres Report site and not on the Sabres.com site.

830656[/snapback]

"You don't disrepect the Bing".

I wouldn't be judging others "comprehension" if I were you. Since you rarely have any original thoughts other than judgements made on those who offer up varied opinions.

Also,

If your reading "comprehension" was up to par? You would be able to tell that I don't care if people like me or don't like me. It is never about me. Though posters like you try to make it so because you have nothing to battle the arguemnets I put forth. For me it's about the conversation. It's about the topics and the passion put into their opinions. Maybe someday you will be able to comprehend that. :P

Here is a saying I made up just for the Loseman debate. "Excuses are like a bottle of wine. Once you make that first excuse or pop the cork. The rest of the excuses/wine flows out easily".

I'd argue this: you can beat some really bad teams like Oakland with a scrambling QB, and perhaps the Bills should have laid on that a little more especially in the Detroit game, but you can't take on the league's premier defenses with this kind of game plan.  They are far too fast.

I also think that we're looking at a coaching staff that is essentially "rookie" as well.  Sure, it has a lot of people with football experience, but it's their first turn at being in charge.  What we need to see is progress there, not all the answers at once.  I'm sure they're reviewing film and seeing what worked and what didn't, and what situations are coming up in which they need to take advantage of JP's different strengths and minimize certain weaknesses.

If JP can make it through this year as that specific cog meant to accomplish specific tasks, if we see improvement over this second half as is the expectation, I think we can expect he'll be let loose a little more next year as his abilities become outlets for big plays, rather than bad instincts to fall back on.

829238[/snapback]

What would you consider improvement? The bar is set really low here. He can improve and still not be very good. If he has 8 td passes over the last 8 games and only 10 turnovers? You can argue that's an improvement. And I can list the posters that will.

So seriously! What would you, RuntheDamnBall, consider an enough improvement to give Losman another year?