The Bills o-line doesn't give J-Lo enough time?

Thesimann also pointed out on several of those sacks that Walter has to know when to get rid of the ball. He just can't eat it everytime....and he said decent QB's can make their O-line look better and Walter can't do it.

I'm not a fan of Joe but he was a QB for many years and his observation carry some weight. I'm sure he would rather rip the O-line than a fellow QB.

Dan Marino didn't get sacked much, even in his later years, and his line was not all that good(they couldn't run block for crap). But he had a quick drop and the offense was designed to take advantage of his arm. Losman has a better than average arm and with a different game plan maybe we could have more production.

827751[/snapback]

I'm still waiting to see JP's much-documented "rocket arm."

I didn't see it yesterday on the long passes to Lee (yes, on the TD he couldn't step into it, but on the one earlier JP criminally underthrew Lee) or on the passes that he was skipping all over the field to the WR's feet.

Yeah, they are pretty horrible but the QB wasn't helping matters.  Just like Bledsoe, RJ, and lately JP, QBs can make lines look at lot worse than they are.  Walter had time to get rid of the ball and simply held on too long. 

Also, the Raiders proved that there is no exact science in building a line.  Everyone had Gallery being a HOFer.

827815[/snapback]

Also, how many passes did the 'future hall of famer' (sic) Moss drop yesterday ? I counted atleast 4 drops that would be made even by an average WR. TO, Keyshawn and Moss must be the three most selfish players in the league.

Also, how many passes did the 'future hall of famer' (sic) Moss drop yesterday ? I counted atleast 4 drops that would be made even by an average WR. TO, Keyshawn and Moss must be the three most selfish players in the league.

828254[/snapback]

I loved it thiesman said, "you have to throw the ball to him, the numbers are with you, so he catches 2 out of 5, the percentage is with you." :blink:

the reality is there is no awesome o-line this year in the nfl. some of them can run block and not pass, some vice versa.  but if anyone thinks in this age of free agency there's this mountain of an offensive line like the cowboys had in the mid-90's that kept pressure off lead-foot aikman and opened huge holes for the average anywhere-else back emmitt, they are clearly not paying attention.  many posters on this board have this fanciful notion of a mythic offensive line that provides infinite time for the QB and grand-canyon size holes for the backs.  biggest things they miss as a result is the lack of size and physicality in the receiving corp and losmans need to develop better feel for where the pressure is coming from.

827756[/snapback]

Wow!!! A realistic post with insights that are accurate and unbiased.

We have to face the facts, there are no perfect lines, and the Indy game was proof of it when Peyton was getting flushed and almost sacked every 5 seconds. Their line is horrible right now, and the running game is proof. Addai looks talented, but not behind that O-line.

Dan Marino didn't get sacked much, even in his later years, and his line was not all that good(they couldn't run block for crap). But he had a quick drop and the offense was designed to take advantage of his arm. Losman has a better than average arm and with a different game plan maybe we could have more production. But what do I know?

P.S.  NO, I am not comparing Losman to Marino !! Just don't like the way we are utilizing our talent with the unimaginative predictable play-calling.

827751[/snapback]

I tend to have the same take on it as you. I think our play calling should reflect our line. In other words, few deep drops. Quick slants etc. See what happens. But I think half of the responsibility is Losmans as well. He should be more prepared to throw the ball away if he has to.

the reality is there is no awesome o-line this year in the nfl. some of them can run block and not pass, some vice versa.  but if anyone thinks in this age of free agency there's this mountain of an offensive line like the cowboys had in the mid-90's that kept pressure off lead-foot aikman and opened huge holes for the average anywhere-else back emmitt, they are clearly not paying attention.  many posters on this board have this fanciful notion of a mythic offensive line that provides infinite time for the QB and grand-canyon size holes for the backs.  biggest things they miss as a result is the lack of size and physicality in the receiving corp and losmans need to develop better feel for where the pressure is coming from.

827756[/snapback]

Thank you, I agree! Constantly pinning everything on our O-line is wrong, and a good QB would show us this. Our line is not near as bad as people make it out to be, and I would say our left side is definitely above average as it was last week.

EDIT: Sorry, not trying to pin this all on JP. He's part of the problem, but the playcalling, our blitz pickup, our RB hitting the holes and making some of his own on occasion, our WRs getting open, etc.

827756[/snapback]

Post of the week. This should be pinned on every thread that blames our 240 yds total offense per game on the O-line. There's probably 10 other teams with equal or worse lines than Buffalo.

No matter how you rationalize it,  JP gets crap for time.

Also,  Andrew has 3 TD's 9 Int's.

No matter what protection JP had,  those stats wouldn't fly here.

Poor Chuck,  when will you get a clue?

827673[/snapback]

Will it be a ragin clue?

I'm still waiting to see JP's much-documented "rocket arm."

I didn't see it yesterday on the long passes to Lee (yes, on the TD he couldn't step into it, but on the one earlier JP criminally underthrew Lee) or on the passes that he was skipping all over the field to the WR's feet.

Which is the 5 passes that went incomplete (since 2 were flat-out drops by the receivers) were "skipping all over the field?" :D