Is this where we're heading?

TPS

lack of rights

This is what bothers me most about you guys on the right: you so easily give up our rights to a republican administration. If this were a democratic administration that was taking us down this path, that is so very difficult to come back from, you'd be leading the charge. But because it's a the right that's breaking down the constitution, you guys are silent, or ambivalent.

Don't you agree DC Monkey Jumper?

lack of rights

This is what bothers me most about you guys on the right: you so easily give up our rights to a republican administration.  If this were a democratic administration that was taking us down this path, that is so very difficult to come back from, you'd be leading the charge.  But because it's a the right that's breaking down the constitution, you guys are silent, or ambivalent.

823540[/snapback]

I don't know about you, but I don't live in GB. What rights have I given up exactly?

lack of rights

This is what bothers me most about you guys on the right: you so easily give up our rights to a republican administration.  If this were a democratic administration that was taking us down this path, that is so very difficult to come back from, you'd be leading the charge.  But because it's a the right that's breaking down the constitution, you guys are silent, or ambivalent.

823540[/snapback]

I'm a Republican today? :D

Would that be when you start the jump or when you hit the bottom?

823592[/snapback]

A miraculous spiritual conversion on the way down, perhaps? :D

But to address the post. I can't countenance that our governement of Great Britain stands for this. It makes me furious that Parliment would allow this to happen to we US citizens. Of all the Big-Brother Commie crap! I might as well move my family from New Jersey and go live in England! They wouldn't stand for this kind of Bush crap over there. :w00t:

Seems I'm in good company too:

"The Association of Chief Police Officers of England and Wales agreed,

saying safeguards existed already against abusing surveillance and

its use had to be proportionate." :w00t:

I love when a good factual reference supports a logical argument so well.

Then again, I never did well in statistics. :D

I don't know about you, but I don't live in GB.  What rights have I given up exactly?

823551[/snapback]

You guys should know better, a late night post is from "inebriated tps."

"Red, red wine....." :D

At any rate, here's an example of the trend on this side of the pond (and certainly it doesn't apply to you chef, not yet...).

habeas corpus

Ps. That J. Lohr Cabernet with lamb chops first seared, brushed with dijon, then coated with bread crumbs and toasted medium rare... yummmm.... :w00t:

lack of rights

823540[/snapback]

When you take away a nations right to protect itself as most of europe has done(gun bans), you need to do much more to protect the helpless citizens from criminals. Please let me know what rights the evil conservatives have taken from you. Are you now unable to speak to your Arab terrorist friends overseas without monitoring? Are you unable to launder money as easily as before?

No, but the ones on the Government watch list are! Nowhere in my post did I say all Arabs are terrorists.  Who is the Brilliant one?

823742[/snapback]

Yeah, because the only phone calls they listen to overseas are ones to terrorists on a government watch list.

If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.

"Red, red wine....." :devil:

At any rate, here's an example of the trend on this side of the pond (and certainly it doesn't apply to you chef, not yet...).

habeas corpus

Ps. That J. Lohr Cabernet with lamb chops first seared, brushed with dijon, then coated with bread crumbs and toasted medium rare... yummmm.... ;)

823696[/snapback]

If you up the quality of the red wine I'll forgive you. :wub:

The constitution does allow for the suspension of habeas corpus and of couse it's not the first time.

"Red, red wine....." :devil:

habeas corpus

Ps. That J. Lohr Cabernet with lamb chops first seared, brushed with dijon, then coated with bread crumbs and toasted medium rare... yummmm.... :wub:

823696[/snapback]

So I'm no longer a Republican?

I'm so confused...

If you up the quality of the red wine I'll forgive you.  :devil:

The constitution does allow for the suspension of habeas corpus and of couse it's not the first time.

823785[/snapback]

What would you suggest in a Cab of equivalent cost ($15)?

823821[/snapback]

Lava Cap - American River Red cuvee.

Marietta - Old Vines

Good alternative to cabs is a rioja at a reasonable price

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." --- James Madison

Yes it is where we are headed. Get ready for more chips to be knocked off by the pols. B/c they know the American people are equal parts too busy to care and very easy to manipulate with scare tactics.

823821[/snapback]

Flora Springs has a good cab that I get through my wine club. $10 per bottle delivered. Hess has some good inexpensive cabs. If you like Cabs or Bordeaux and don't like to wait for it to age, try a Stonegate Petit Verdot. It's $25 and tastes like an aged Bordeaux. Fantastic! Reason is is that PV is the grape the Bordeaux use to soften the Cab grape. You can find it here:

Stonegate Winery