Are we Bills Fans, Sabres Fans or Buffalo Fans?

Mr. T

??????????

What's the problem with this thread?  Seems like it has generated a little interest.  What would you prefer, another Bills Suck, JP Stinks, our OL is a mess, the Bills are doomed thread?

818729[/snapback]

There is nothing wrong with this thread - much better than re-hashing all the same crap about why the Bills are garbage (especially on a bye week)

??????????

What's the problem with this thread?  Seems like it has generated a little interest.  What would you prefer, another Bills Suck, JP Stinks, our OL is a mess, the Bills are doomed thread?

818729[/snapback]

Forgive me if I am assuming I know what Bluefire means, but I think, because there have been so many of them the last week or so, you can't help get the perception that some Bills fans, or Buffalo fans, either want us to committ to one team or another, feel bad for enjoying the Sabres success while bithcing about the Bills, or to remind us that hockey sucks and nobody cares. The option of just loving both teams never seems to be there for so many.

It is almost like people who love the Bills, but don't care for hockey, are feeling some sort of inferiority complex over the issue. Its' okay, if you don't give a crap about the Sabres, there is nothing wrong with that. Football is a much more popular sport than hockey. That is a known fact.

I have almost zero interest in NASCAR, golf, and Major Leauge Baseball, but I don't begrudge anyone who enjoys these things.

Great question. I also consider myself a Buffalo fan. I have lived in several cities since I moved away from Buffalo in 1979 including Cleveland and Detroit, but my allegience never changes. I always root for the Buffalo teams. Strange how wherever I have lived there are Dallas and Miami fans that have never lived in those areas. I am very defensive about Buffalo teams and the city itself and have no logical explanation for it. I take pride in being from Buffalo even though I have now spent over half my life not living there.

818424[/snapback]

I heartedly agree with you. In fact, I've never lived in Buffalo at all. And yet, I defend the city as if I lived there my entire life! The farthest north I've ever lived was Washington DC, but still have learned what it means to be a Bills fan. I have always defended the Bills when people say, "Oh, you're a Bills fan? What a loser, losing 4 straight times in the Superbowl!" My response is always,"Yeah, well, at least my team has made it 4 times. The Eagles won 4 straight divisional games, yet only made it to the Superbowl once, and the Colts haven't made it yet. My team GOT THERE 4 straight times." I love the city of Buffalo because they are so dedicated to their teams and support them win or lose. Go Bills, Sabres, and Bandits!!

A lot of discussion has already taken place here about whether we are more Bills fans or Sabres Fans.  I myself started a thread a few days ago that dealt with this topic to some degree.

But, I'd have to say that I'm more of a Buffalo Fan than I am a Bills or Sabres Fan.  I haven't lived in Buffalo for 30 years but when it comes to sports I've always rooted for the teams as though I never moved away.

Heck, I find myself cheering for the Bonnies or Canisius when their on a role.  I've never been to, or watched a single Bandits game but when I read about them winning in the very back section of the most obscure newspaper I find myself getting excited.

When people poke fun at the City of Buffalo I still find myself jumping up to defend a place as though I'm still living in South Buffalo.  "Nawww the snow ain't that bad!"  "You should see the beautiful waterfront area!"  "The city has the coolest subway system!"  (Note:  I've been to the waterfront area maybe twice in my life and I've NEVER rode the subway)  Why do I HAVE to do that?

Because, for whatever reason, and I'm not sure why, I'm a BUFFALO Fan.  Maybe that explains why some BUFFALO Fans may appear to be fair weather fans.  We get excited about ANY team from Buffalo that does well, because we are rooting for the City of Buffalo, not just the team.

What do yall think?  Yall is a southern term for you'se guys.

818357[/snapback]

I am a Buffalo fan. I love Buffalo and its teams. I moved away in 1981 and I still miss it.

Forgive me if I am assuming I know what Bluefire means, but I think, because there have been so many of them the last week or so, you can't help get the perception that some Bills fans, or Buffalo fans, either want us to committ to one team or another, feel bad for enjoying the Sabres success while bithcing about the Bills, or to remind us that hockey sucks and nobody cares.  The option of just loving both teams never seems to be there for so many. 

It is almost like people who love the Bills, but don't care for hockey, are feeling some sort of inferiority complex over the issue.  Its' okay, if you don't give a crap about the Sabres, there is nothing wrong with that. Football is a much more popular sport than hockey.  That is a known fact.

I have almost zero interest in NASCAR, golf, and Major Leauge Baseball, but I don't begrudge anyone who enjoys these things.

818757[/snapback]

And bingo was his name-o.

i am a bills fan.that is why i go on the buffalo bills website.if i was a sabres fan i would post on their website.i can see why alot of peeps from buffalo would be both though.i am not from buffalo,but the hudson valley,so i am npt a sabres fan i am a rangers fan.when i want to talk hockey i go on the rangers website.go bills in '07

i am a bills fan.that is why i go on the buffalo bills website.if i was a sabres fan i would post on their website.i can see why alot of peeps from buffalo would be both though.i am not from buffalo,but the hudson valley,so i am npt a sabres fan i am a rangers fan.when i want to talk hockey i go on the rangers website.go bills in '07

818815[/snapback]

I see what you are saying... Yet, the one reason I come here is because this site (TBD), IMO, is more Buffalo and WNY than Bills... A home away form home... One shop, one stop... Just my opinion... It is such an eclectic make-up here... I just don't see it as being more "Bills".

The name is so deceptive here...

Just my $.02 cents.

:P

Oh... I forgot to mention southern Ontario and include parts of central New York into what I said above... Again, the name is deceptive... Thereis a whole mix here... People can slack it for various reasons... This place is quite different and it keeps me "in touch" with Buffalo and the other regions metioned in many more ways than just the "Bills"... The Bills are the main glue or cement I guess and the rules here (believe it or not) keep it so regionally wide open...

:P

A lot of discussion has already taken place here about whether we are more Bills fans or Sabres Fans.  I myself started a thread a few days ago that dealt with this topic to some degree.

But, I'd have to say that I'm more of a Buffalo Fan than I am a Bills or Sabres Fan.  I haven't lived in Buffalo for 30 years but when it comes to sports I've always rooted for the teams as though I never moved away.

Heck, I find myself cheering for the Bonnies or Canisius when their on a role.  I've never been to, or watched a single Bandits game but when I read about them winning in the very back section of the most obscure newspaper I find myself getting excited.

When people poke fun at the City of Buffalo I still find myself jumping up to defend a place as though I'm still living in South Buffalo.  "Nawww the snow ain't that bad!"  "You should see the beautiful waterfront area!"  "The city has the coolest subway system!"  (Note:  I've been to the waterfront area maybe twice in my life and I've NEVER rode the subway)  Why do I HAVE to do that?

Because, for whatever reason, and I'm not sure why, I'm a BUFFALO Fan.  Maybe that explains why some BUFFALO Fans may appear to be fair weather fans.  We get excited about ANY team from Buffalo that does well, because we are rooting for the City of Buffalo, not just the team.

What do yall think?  Yall is a southern term for you'se guys.

818357[/snapback]

Bills fan, no doubt. Hockey is fun to watch, but the regular season lacks relevance. With so many entertainment options available to people nowadays, if we're going to watch it religiously, we demand that the result means something. The NHL, MLB and NBA all sag in these regards, and their seasons are so ridiculously long, for the sole purpose of generating revenue, that people just have a hard time maintaining interest.

People blast ESPN for their coverage of the NHL and MLB, but they know they can't maintain peoples interest showing highlights of meaningless regular season hockey and baseball games and as a result people don't follow the sport as closely and lose a lot of interest in the playoffs as well.

Bills fan, no doubt.  Hockey is fun to watch, but the regular season lacks relevance.  With so many entertainment options available to people nowadays, if we're going to watch it religiously, we demand that the result means something.  The NHL, MLB and NBA all sag in these regards, and their seasons are so ridiculously long, for the sole purpose of generating revenue, that people just have a hard time maintaining interest. 

People blast ESPN for their coverage of the NHL and MLB, but they know they can't maintain peoples interest showing highlights of meaningless regular season hockey and baseball games and as a result people don't follow the sport as closely and lose a lot of interest in the playoffs as well.

819597[/snapback]

my problem with hockey is almost every team makes the playoffs,but did u also c the front page sabres are 10-0 and bills are 2-5 and the bills still have better tv ratings.