Are we Bills Fans, Sabres Fans or Buffalo Fans?

Mr. T

A lot of discussion has already taken place here about whether we are more Bills fans or Sabres Fans. I myself started a thread a few days ago that dealt with this topic to some degree.

But, I'd have to say that I'm more of a Buffalo Fan than I am a Bills or Sabres Fan. I haven't lived in Buffalo for 30 years but when it comes to sports I've always rooted for the teams as though I never moved away.

Heck, I find myself cheering for the Bonnies or Canisius when their on a role. I've never been to, or watched a single Bandits game but when I read about them winning in the very back section of the most obscure newspaper I find myself getting excited.

When people poke fun at the City of Buffalo I still find myself jumping up to defend a place as though I'm still living in South Buffalo. "Nawww the snow ain't that bad!" "You should see the beautiful waterfront area!" "The city has the coolest subway system!" (Note: I've been to the waterfront area maybe twice in my life and I've NEVER rode the subway) Why do I HAVE to do that?

Because, for whatever reason, and I'm not sure why, I'm a BUFFALO Fan. Maybe that explains why some BUFFALO Fans may appear to be fair weather fans. We get excited about ANY team from Buffalo that does well, because we are rooting for the City of Buffalo, not just the team.

What do yall think? Yall is a southern term for you'se guys.

A lot of discussion has already taken place here about whether we are more Bills fans or Sabres Fans.  I myself started a thread a few days ago that dealt with this topic to some degree.

But, I'd have to say that I'm more of a Buffalo Fan than I am a Bills or Sabres Fan.  I haven't lived in Buffalo for 30 years but when it comes to sports I've always rooted for the teams as though I never moved away.

Heck, I find myself cheering for the Bonnies or Canisius when their on a role.  I've never been to, or watched a single Bandits game but when I read about them winning in the very back section of the most obscure newspaper I find myself getting excited.

When people poke fun at the City of Buffalo I still find myself jumping up to defend a place as though I'm still living in South Buffalo.  "Nawww the snow ain't that bad!"  "You should see the beautiful waterfront area!"  "The city has the coolest subway system!"  (Note:  I've been to the waterfront area maybe twice in my life and I've NEVER rode the subway)  Why do I HAVE to do that?

Because, for whatever reason, and I'm not sure why, I'm a BUFFALO Fan.  Maybe that explains why some BUFFALO Fans may appear to be fair weather fans.  We get excited about ANY team from Buffalo that does well, because we are rooting for the City of Buffalo, not just the team.

What do yall think?  Yall is a southern term for you'se guys.

818357[/snapback]

Hockey is a sissy canadian sport. I don't watch any sport where they boo the sacred America national anatham. I spit on Canada

Hockey is a sissy canadian sport. I don't watch any sport where they boo the sacred America national anatham. I spit on Canada

818365[/snapback]

How about when the san jose fans booed the canadian anthem last year? Gotta love ignorance.

How about when the san jose fans booed the canadian anthem last year? Gotta love ignorance.

818372[/snapback]

Especially about booing the 'America anatham', and never having 'rode the subway'

Simply put, the Sabres' success has enabled me to take my focus off the miserable goings on at One Bills Drive.

The Bills will always be my #1 team, but the Sabres are by themselves in second place and nobody else is close, regardless of the sport.

818365[/snapback]

What in the world does your response have to do with what this thread is about?

Great question. I also consider myself a Buffalo fan. I have lived in several cities since I moved away from Buffalo in 1979 including Cleveland and Detroit, but my allegience never changes. I always root for the Buffalo teams. Strange how wherever I have lived there are Dallas and Miami fans that have never lived in those areas. I am very defensive about Buffalo teams and the city itself and have no logical explanation for it. I take pride in being from Buffalo even though I have now spent over half my life not living there.

Great question. I also consider myself a Buffalo fan. I have lived in several cities since I moved away from Buffalo in 1979 including Cleveland and Detroit, but my allegience never changes. I always root for the Buffalo teams. Strange how wherever I have lived there are Dallas and Miami fans that have never lived in those areas. I am very defensive about Buffalo teams and the city itself and have no logical explanation for it. I take pride in being from Buffalo even though I have now spent over half my life not living there.

818424[/snapback]

Amen.... You speak for a lot of people that either live here or once did!!!!!

:lol:

My Buffalo Fan Meter:

x=team performance from 1-10

Bandits=x

Bisons=1.5x

UB Basket/football=2x

Sabres=5x

Bills=10x

Focusing on the Sabres and Bills, if the Bills were just an average team this year, I would be as excited about them as I would the Sabres starting 10-0. Since the Bills are bad and the Sabres are incredible, the Sabres have passed the Bills on my personal excitement level for basically the first time since I've been alive.

I would venture to say it is the same for most around here. People are deeper into it with the Bills, but the team has to do their part to keep us active participants.

818424[/snapback]

I resemble that remark.

818365[/snapback]

How about when fans in San Jose booed the National Anthem then a couple nights later fans in Edmonton cheered the US National Anthem???

I'd be happy if you just stop making these damn threads.

818693[/snapback]

??????????

What's the problem with this thread? Seems like it has generated a little interest. What would you prefer, another Bills Suck, JP Stinks, our OL is a mess, the Bills are doomed thread?