Michael J. Fox vs. Rush Limbaugh

inkman

2. Why do the right to lifers offer no outrage to the discarding of embryos at fertility clinics? It happens every day, and I don't see anyone up in arms about it. Give them an false argument that those blastocysts would grow to be children or that stem cells come from abortions and they rally in the streets, sing hymns, display graphic pictures, sit in traffic, get arrested, etc. - seems a bit duplicitous, don't you think?

818797[/snapback]

Many people DO have a problem with fertility clinics and I think many more would if they had any awareness of what actually happens there.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the issue was that Fox purposefully didn't take his meds before taping the ad, to show people what his disease is really like. I don't think he has admitted it but that is what he did and admitted when appearing before Congress. So he was shaking a lot more than he may normally do in a day when he takes all his meds. Limbaugh thought that was being dishonest (and was probably half correct, as he said Fox "s either off his meds or acting". But Fox IS that bad right now, he just has some drugs that calm it down a lot most of the time. He shakes like a mofo as it is, with the meds. Without them, he looks like a nervous alcoholic third base coach after doing a sheet of microdot.

817845[/snapback]

Where's the law that says he MUST take his meds? It seems to me that there are programs that haul teenagers to ICU's to see smashed-up kids so they can see firsthand what happens when you drink and drive. Seeing is believing. That's the point. Fox wants people to see just what this disease is. I see nothing wrong with that.

Limbaugh is undeniably a piece of crap. But the right pretty much reacts the same way. Instead of taking the opportunity to agree that "yes it is a terrible disease, but we still don't agree with stem cell research because _____, "they attack.

Which means even they don't believe their own bigoted, chickenshit arguments against it.

You see it here all the time. They have no intelligent reasons to support their argument, so they attack. I predict this post will probably result in a string of them, which will prove my point.

BiB would be so proud of me for that.

The Republican party and most Republican candidates are against expanding research into stem cells, mainly due to the influence of Fundamental Christian groups.

No one is sure that stem cell research will lead to cures for Parkinson's, Diabetes, Alzheimer's, etc...  But do we need the research stopped due to the moral objections of  the minority?  If you had one of these diseases, how would you feel about politicians blocking research that shows potential for treating or curing these illnesses?

If a politician has taken a stand on either side of this issue, shouldn't their opponent be able to address their opposing views?

818023[/snapback]

saw Fox's response on CNN. Pretty classy and I have to agree with everything he said.

Where's the law that says he MUST take his meds?  It seems to me that there are programs that haul teenagers to ICU's to see smashed-up kids so they can see firsthand what happens when you drink and drive. Seeing is believing.  That's the point.  Fox wants people to see just what this disease is.  I see nothing wrong with that. 

Limbaugh is undeniably a piece of crap.  But the right pretty much reacts the same way.  Instead of taking the opportunity to agree that "yes it is a terrible disease, but we still don't agree with stem cell research because _____, "they attack. 

Which means even they don't believe their own bigoted, chickenshit arguments against it.

You see it here all the time.  They have no intelligent reasons to support their argument, so they attack.  I predict this post will probably result in a string of them, which will prove my point.

BiB would be so proud of me for that.

818838[/snapback]

You're attacking, with your language. They stated their arguement, that they believe embryonic stem cell research is equivalent to abortion, destroying a unique human being . The president and many on the right are against GOVERNMENT FUNDING of the research. The biotech companies will make money on it if it ever succedes, so let them fund it entirely.

I think researchers are starting to discover that quite a few cancers might be caused by stem cells.  It's an interesting hypothesis, certainly, and one that has significant implications for cancer therapies (imagine being able to stop an otherwise untreatable tumor in its tracks by targeting not the tumor itself but the handful of stem cells causing it). 

So naturally, the research isn't the least bit worthwhile...because, hey, stem cells are dangerous.  They might cause cancer.  We can't research that.   :P

818080[/snapback]

You mean all research doesn't garner positive results right out of the chute? Time to stop doing any because learning what can we possibly learn from failure? 0:)

Nothing better than when one of the righty apologists starts parroting. Damn some of you people are fuggin' stupid.

Now that I've gotten the necessary insults out of the way, I sincerely hope the federal government keeps up their policy and expands it to include about 1000 other things they shouldn't be funding.

You mean all research doesn't garner positive results right out of the chute?  Time to stop doing any because learning what can we possibly learn from failure?   :P

Nothing better than when one of the righty apologists starts parroting.  Damn some of you people are fuggin' stupid.

Now that I've gotten the necessary insults out of the way, I sincerely hope the federal government keeps up their policy and expands it to include about 1000 other things they shouldn't be funding.

819006[/snapback]

And you deduce this from where? The Constitution and the strict interpretation of it...

0:):lol:

And you deduce this from where?  The Constitution and the strict interpretation of it...

:P  0:)

819033[/snapback]

Sorry, I'm not wasting a minute of time trying to explain another thing to you, Riddler. Thanks though, for the typical liberal response. Can't wait until your next post when you laud liberals for being open to different ideas (as long as those ideas are giving the government tons of other people's money).

Sorry, I'm not wasting a minute of time trying to explain another thing to you, Riddler.  Thanks though, for the typical liberal response.  Can't wait until your next post when you laud liberals for being open to different ideas (as long as those ideas are giving the government tons of other people's money).

819036[/snapback]

Easy cop out because you can't explain it... It is purely your bullsh*t opinion that you spew...

:P0:):lol::)

Easy cop out because you can't explain it...  It is purely your bullsh*t opinion that you spew...

:P  0:):lol:  :)

819043[/snapback]

2 questions:

1. Would you agree the Constitition is a contract between the government and the people?

2. Have you ever worked on a government contract?

2 questions:

1.  Would you agree the Constitition is a contract between the government and the people?

2.  Have you ever worked on a government contract?

819046[/snapback]

He works for the Army Corp of Engineers (one of the most incompetent government entities).

Though I can't wait for the typical "marbles in his mouth" response. It'll be priceless.

He works for the Army Corp of Engineers (one of the most incompetent government entities).

Though I can't wait for the typical "marbles in his mouth" response.  It'll be priceless.

819086[/snapback]

Yes I do... Mostly I am a laborer, I am a wage grade employee... An hourly stiff. That will eventually get replaced by a contract laborer... Then, the USACE will be one of the most inept agencies. I guess they gotta keep pace with the rest...

:lol::P

1. Yes

2. Yes

819253[/snapback]

First, i wanna clarify something. I quoted the wrong post last nite (ok i was kinda drunk). your following post was the one that got my attention...

And you deduce this from where?  The Constitution and the strict interpretation of it...

:lol:  :P

819033[/snapback]

anyways, as someone who has worked on gov't contracts you probably know quite well that something that isn't defined within the contract doesn't get done unless the contract is amended

You're attacking, with your language. They stated their arguement, that they believe embryonic stem cell research is equivalent to abortion, destroying a unique human being .  The president and many on the right  are against GOVERNMENT FUNDING of the research.  The biotech companies will make money on it if it ever succedes, so let them fund it entirely.

818979[/snapback]

"They"? I am specifically referring to Rush Limbaugh and his personal attack on Michael J. Fox.

First, i wanna clarify something.  I quoted the wrong post last nite (ok i was kinda drunk).  your following post was the one that got my attention...

anyways, as someone who has worked on gov't contracts you probably know quite well that something that isn't defined within the contract doesn't get done unless the contract is amended

819263[/snapback]

Ha! Are you serious? The phucking imcompetents write the damn things in the first place... All to the chagrin of the private sector doing the actual work...

:P:lol:

You should have seen the clowns that they got to do our security upgrade here!

:P

They would have been better served to let us (myself included) do the labor... Would have got done right... We had to do it anyway!

Then there was the guy from Conn they got some years back that upon hearing that a certain electrical service line was disconnected... Jumped into the pit and proceed to hack apart the 480v line... Which had a run of approx. 3/4 to a mile... :lol: Our in-house electrician and myself just turned our back, braced and cringed... :lol:

See that is the thing... They get rid of guys like me and stuff like structural maintainence (ie: river crew, dredging, etc...) and the other blue collar jobs that are in-house... We become just like the other "project manager" agencies that don't know their arse from a hole in the ground... Of course the stove pipe on up won't mind because they won't have a noisy, competent labor force force below them crowing about their eff ups...

Get real!

I agree to a point on your first one, problem is I am anti-abortion, so I struggle with the second.  I don't have a problem with embryotic research in the case where they could be "harvested" from a miscarriage, but do not like the concept of trying to justify something so evil by saying well look it came to "some good". 

818093[/snapback]

Thats how I stand.