The "real" Willis left when Travis left.

Mr. T

Remember how awesome Willis looked and "played" back when he was competing with Travis Henry for playing time? Have ya noticed how different he looks and plays since the position became his. It seems obvious to me that Willis simply does not have the same drive or desire that he had back then. Don't misunderstand me, he still is a decent back, but something is clearly missing.

I know many of you will blame the OL for this, saying how no one could run behind this mess. But our OL wasn't much better back then either. Bottomline is ever since Willis declared himself to be the best back in the NFL prior to the Chargers game last year he has only looked slightly better than average.

Remember how awesome Willis looked and "played" back when he was competing with Travis Henry for playing time?  Have ya noticed how different he looks and plays since the position became his. It seems obvious to me that Willis simply does not have the same drive or desire that he had back then.  Don't misunderstand me, he still is a decent back, but something is clearly missing.

I know many of you will blame the OL for this, saying how no one could run behind this mess.  But our OL wasn't much better back then either.  Bottomline is ever since Willis declared himself to be the best back in the NFL prior to the Chargers game last year he has only looked slightly better than average.

816529[/snapback]

Ya know, when i got up this morning, i thought to myself. "We havent had enough willis bashing going on at TBD. I sure hope someone starts a thread bashing willis today."

I know many of you will blame the OL for this, saying how no one could run behind this mess.  But our OL wasn't much better back then either.  Bottomline is ever since Willis declared himself to be the best back in the NFL prior to the Chargers game last year he has only looked slightly better than average.

816529[/snapback]

Incorrect....Mike Williams was a dominant run-blocker.....In fact even last

season, when MW was on the right side, McGahee had 5 100 yard games in

7 games.....We also had Jennings on the left side. McGahee ran mainly

on the outside those years and both Jennings and Williams gave him enough

space to run.....

However, the scheme has also changed....Now Willis runs more inside

rather than outside....Unfortunately for Willis the guys at the guard position

are not as good as Jennings and Mike Williams in run defense.

Ya know, when i got up this morning, i thought to myself. "We havent had enough willis bashing going on at TBD. I sure hope someone starts a thread bashing willis today."

816532[/snapback]

Because I express an opinion that Willis doesn't display the same spark that he did a few years ago that qualifies as "bashing"? Alright let me pretend that he is an all pro rb that is playing lights out and has us all as excited as we were his first year playing and move on. While we're at it let's all pretend that Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith and the bunch are all still playing and we actually may have a chance at winning the big one. Man, I feel so much better!

816532[/snapback]

Reply #2.

I don't get up each morning and immediately think about what other people may have posted overnight, yesterday etc. I may even go more than 1 day, (yeah really!) without coming to the board, so please excuse me if I missed the last few Willis bashing parties.

Reply #2.

I don't get up each morning and immediately think about what other people may have posted overnight, yesterday etc.  I may even go more than 1 day, (yeah really!) without coming to the board, so please excuse me if I missed the last few Willis bashing parties.

816891[/snapback]

:lol::lol::):(

Reply #2.

I don't get up each morning and immediately think about what other people may have posted overnight, yesterday etc.  I may even go more than 1 day, (yeah really!) without coming to the board, so please excuse me if I missed the last few Willis bashing parties.

816891[/snapback]

So you're like a pigeon. You fly by, take a crap, and then go on your merry way. I am glad you are able to grace us with your excrement.

To bad we still didn't have both on the roster. He shares time with Chris Brown with no gripes. Travis has only rushed 81 times to get his 384 yards where Willis has almost double the rushing attempts (150) to get his 564 yards.

Travis last to games are pretty impressive. 123 against the Colts and a whopping 178 against the Redskins.

Reply #2.

816891[/snapback]

So you admit you want to bash Willis?

We will inform you of the parties from now on, so you can take part.

:lol:

Mr. T , You (and Joe D for that matter) have been around a while but if you cannot see the solid effort being made by Willis this season then I'm not sure what anyone could say to you to help you see it. He's moving the piles with great consistency when he gets any momentum and has really made an effort to focus on his blocking and has improved on it of late.. You may be refering to his apparent personality rather than his effort on the field. While it seems that there are certainly others who share your opinion on this, I just don't see it. Is the really all just an over the top reaction to one 8 yard run out of bounds? The guy is certainly not the best back in the leaugue but to me he's in the top third. I think he works harder than people credit him for.

Incorrect....Mike Williams was a dominant run-blocker.....In fact even last

season, when MW was on the right side, McGahee had 5 100 yard games in

7 games.....We also had Jennings on the left side.  McGahee ran mainly

on the outside those years and both Jennings and Williams gave him enough

space to run.....

However, the scheme has also changed....Now Willis runs more inside

rather than outside....Unfortunately for Willis the guys at the guard position

are not as good as Jennings and Mike Williams in run defense.

816537[/snapback]

I'm glad somebody will at least give MW some respect for his run blocking for when he was motivated he could be a mountain mover. With that being said I think part of McGahee's problem is the fact that the Bills don't run to the edges enough. I mean Royal is suppose to be a good in-line blocker and since WM has a wicked stiff arm I can't tell you why Fairchild doesn't allow him to do it more without Shelton getting in his way. I think WM is more of an instinctive runner than a hit the gap runner and more stretch plays from a singleback such as the Colts run would be way more effective than running him up the middle 80% of the time behind our weakess blockers!

So you admit you want to bash Willis?

We will inform you of the parties from now on, so you can take part.

:doh:

817083[/snapback]

Guys, and Gals my point was not to start a thread that bashed Willis. I simply pointed out that I felt his play today is just not the same as it was when Travis Henry was here. I really feel there may somewhat less drive, or desire on his part to prove himself. Back than he had just come back from a long rehab and was not only trying to prove to others he was "the man" he was also probably trying to prove to himself that he could still be "the man."

I just don't see the same level of play that he demonstrated a few years ago. I never said he sucked now, I just pointed out what I thought was a drop off. Hoped that might create some discussion. If that runied someone's day, well "oh Well!"